Blade suggestion for in table play- long pips ox

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Read 10 reviews
Dear all,
I would like to ask for blade suggestion for in table blocking and deceptive play. I am currently using inverted rubber on the forehand and sanwei code long pips ox on the backhand with clipper cr,staying mostly within 1m of the table and blocking.Thank you in advance.

Regards
Lee

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Dear all,
I would like to ask for blade suggestion for in table blocking and deceptive play. I am currently using inverted rubber on the forehand and sanwei code long pips ox on the backhand with clipper cr,staying mostly within 1m of the table and blocking.Thank you in advance.

Regards
Lee

oh wow very interesting that you're using the clipper CR. Plz can you tell me more how the pips behave with this blade?
I am || close to going long pips BH and was wondering if anyone actually uses pips on -OFF-OFF bats.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I am || close to going long pips BH and was wondering if anyone actually uses pips on -OFF-OFF bats.
When I was playing with long pimples, after trying a quite a bunch of def blades I understood that it's not for me, so I found off- blade that works for me with playing long pimples, it's Butterfly HADRAW SK blade, I found it very universal blade, I even played defense far from of the table with it quite often, as for the play close to the table it's just was easy to play all type of play comfortable and with great control... but after I switched to middle pimples (and then short pimples) I found the blade that even better, it's Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC, of course it's too fast for comfortable play with long pimples though... just IMHO...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Read 10 reviews
oh wow very interesting that you're using the clipper CR. Plz can you tell me more how the pips behave with this blade?
I find it a bit hard to control in table shots with the offensive blades e.g.clipper cr.Abit too bouncy for me.But I have read in the Chinese table tennis magazines that some pro players are actually using this combo.Would like to know if anyone keen to share their experience with other long pips blade here.thanks.

This user has no status.
When I was playing with long pimples, after trying a quite a bunch of def blades I understood that it's not for me, so I found off- blade that works for me with playing long pimples, it's Butterfly HADRAW SK blade, I found it very universal blade, I even played defense far from of the table with it quite often, as for the play close to the table it's just was easy to play all type of play comfortable and with great control... but after I switched to middle pimples (and then short pimples) I found the blade that even better, it's Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC, of course it's too fast for comfortable play with long pimples though... just IMHO...

Interesting....I have only tried on a Matsushita and Stiga ALL classic. Was very sceptical to try it on my clipper

This user has no status.
I find it a bit hard to control in table shots with the offensive blades e.g.clipper cr.Abit too bouncy for me.But I have read in the Chinese table tennis magazines that some pro players are actually using this combo.Would like to know if anyone keen to share their experience with other long pips blade here.thanks.

Interesting to hear this. I wouldn't be playing close to the table but of course the first 2 or 3 shots are close to the table. How did you find it for long pushes? too quick? Too fast for serve return?

Interesting....I have only tried on a Matsushita and Stiga ALL classic. Was very sceptical to try it on my clipper
But, keep in mind that I not very good player though and I play even worse when I played with long pimples (I hope that now I play a bit better than a couple a years ago... I returned in table tennis after 20 years just about 4 years ago and at that time it was like I was total beginner, no memory whatsoever from table tennis practice in my childhood)... here are one of my matches a couple of year ago when I played Hadraw SK with long pimples (I am in red/black uniform):

Last edited:
Reactions: leevittha
This user has no status.
But, keep in mind that I not very good player though and I play even worse when I played with long pimples (I hope that now I play a bit better than a couple a years ago... I returned in table tennis after 20 years just about 4 years ago and at that time it was like I was total beginner, no memory whatsoever from table tennis practice in my childhood)... here are one of my matches a couple of year ago when I played Hadraw SK with long pimples (I am in red/black uniform):
You look like you're handling it quite well tbh! Would be interesting to see you now and specifically with the clipper cr and long pips. You take the ball very early like a push blocker style. What about for the usual chop like returns? I feel like if someone gave me a decent topspin loop, long pips on my clipper would just fly...but it's just assumption

You look like you're handling it quite well tbh! Would be interesting to see you now and specifically with the clipper cr and long pips. You take the ball very early like a push blocker style. What about for the usual chop like returns? I feel like if someone gave me a decent topspin loop, long pips on my clipper would just fly...but it's just assumption
Thanks, but still I think that my play is pretty bad... Didn't have an experience with Clipper, sorry, and for last half-year I come back to playing two inverted rubbers, for now don't plan to go back to pimples, and even if I eventually go back it will be short pimples... As for chop like returns, Hadraw SK worked for me almost as good as any def blade, BUT only if talking about pimple rubber with sponge thicker than 0.7 (for me 1.0-1.2 is optimal... on a video above black rubberthat I playing is probably TSP Curl P-H or P1r with 1.0-1.2 thick sponge), is we talk about OX, then yeah, the ball will fly from Hadraw (but there might be someone who could have such a soft and good "feeling" in his hands, that he could handle the ball enen in this situation, but it's a rare talent probably, I don't have it...), actually I think that with not very bouncy sponge it's possible to chop even with more faster blade and "not so long" pimples, here are a video part of my training a year ago when I tried to chop with Innerforce ALC blade and the piples rubber that I use on this video is probably TSP Millitall II with 1.0-1.2 thick sponge (I probably didn't used to this rubber on the video though, just getting used and trying what I can do with it...):

But, of course in a real match with such a racket setup I didn't tend to play chop style of game, it was more or less like this:

P.S. OFFTOPIC: Now my play is something like this with two inverted rubbers, if you interested:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
For deceptive play on table with long pips OX i suggest balsa blades. Donic Cayman is good for this style also Dr Neubauer Firewall Plus. Because you are playing inverted on forehand combi blades also could be good, such as Donic Alligator.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Read 10 reviews
Interesting to hear this. I wouldn't be playing close to the table but of course the first 2 or 3 shots are close to the table. How did you find it for long pushes? too quick? Too fast for serve return?
Hi Ndragon,I have problem keeping the balls short with the clipper cr combo.long pushes so far ok for me

For deceptive play on table with long pips OX i suggest balsa blades. Donic Cayman is good for this style also Dr Neubauer Firewall Plus. Because you are playing inverted on forehand combi blades also could be good, such as Donic Alligator.
I think for the close to the table block play Titan is the best blade from Dr. Neubauer, it's have very small rubber surface and it's very lite, also it's a combi blade (one side faster than the other), so IMO it's just made for this kind of play... I have this blade, didn't play much with it though, mostly had fun with it on some trainings and mostly used it with antispin rubber on BH, so while I had fun with it, my opponents was really frustrated, it's really super easy to block with it on the table with something like Nittaku Best Anti rubber, the ball just "dies" when it's flies to your opponent side of the table after your block, it's simply almost have no bounce after it, so it really make opponents gets frustrated ;) BTW also have Combination Effect blade from Dr. Neubauer, used to play a long time with it before I started to play Off- blades, I don't think that this blade is very good choice if your play is based close to the table and mostly on block, it's simply not very comfortable to play close to the table with a blade that have such large rubber surface, this blade is good when you chop in the middle/far zone from the table... IMHO

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Read 10 reviews
did you try any other blades? or only the clipper?
Hi,I have tried other offensive blades e.g.dhs pg 7,tg7,tibhar samsonov pro and etc.But I don't see much improvement with any of them.Currently I am looking for other more controllable setup for long pips ox.Maybe I should invest on all-round or defensive wood instead

This user has no status.
Hi,I have tried other offensive blades e.g.dhs pg 7,tg7,tibhar samsonov pro and etc.But I don't see much improvement with any of them.Currently I am looking for other more controllable setup for long pips ox.Maybe I should invest on all-round or defensive wood instead

I'm not really in position to tell you what are the better options but I have read a few times about the VKMO (Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive). or the orinigal also. For ALL blades I have only ever played around with the Stiga ALL classic. But I haven't played enough to give a worthy opinion.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You will discover that hardcore defensive long pips players are by far the most extreme Equipment Junkies trying to find that magical combination... and in a decade purchase every existing equipment twice over.

Good luck Dec player, hope you discover it before the end of 10 yrs and 75,000 USD in equipment expenditures.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk