Changing to defensive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Recently I've been getting bored with our usual third ball attack practice so I decided to start defending just for fun. I usually chop topspin and lob long underspin balls below the table with variations in spin. I was wondering if this was a bad idea since it might ruin my game or will it help me develop some "touch" I still do offensive but on service receive I rarely attack unless topspin or no spin. I only use inverted rubber with chinese on fh. Any tips on how to defend better? Any opinion is welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Recently I've been getting bored with our usual third ball attack practice so I decided to start defending just for fun. I usually chop topspin and lob long underspin balls below the table with variations in spin. I was wondering if this was a bad idea since it might ruin my game or will it help me develop some "touch" I still do offensive but on service receive I rarely attack unless topspin or no spin. I only use inverted rubber with chinese on fh. Any tips on how to defend better? Any opinion is welcome

See Ouaiche :)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
See Ouaiche :)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

I second that. Watch French Andro-sponsored player Stéphane Ouaiche, if his style of mixed offense and defense inspires you, then do both with inverted!

I've watched him play against Freitas at the arena in a French league game, and he's impressive!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I watched a game of his against Freitas. I'm starting to wonder why modern defenders are rare

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I watched a game of his against Freitas. I'm starting to wonder why modern defenders are rare

I don’t think they are rare. I think most people who start as defenders either switch to offensive styles or not really improve to world class level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk