729 a-1 ... which rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hi.

So in my previous thread you guys helped me to realize that palios ak47 for 11 bucks on alliexpress are not fakes. In thread before that you also suggested to choose not too fast blade. I decided to buy 729 a-1 (budget reasons mainly) cpen grip. It's 5 plys all wood blade - limba, spruce, ayous, spruce, limba. It's classified as OFF but based of reviews on 729 A series it looks like it's going to be all+ blade at most.

Based on wood composistion A-1 blade should behave similar to stiga offensive classic. Are palios ak47 suitable for this type of blade? Which one's ? I would prefer to have the same rubber for FH and BH but I'm not sure if it makes sense here.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Palio AK47 Red in this case.
And yes it makes total sense. It's a really, really good rubber.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
It is a good fit. It is a fast rubber though so beware

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I would go for blue on backhand but you specifically said you prefer the same rubber on both sides.
I find it unlikely that most players would really benefit from a 47 degree rubber on the backhand and the blue has really good dwell for flicks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hmm. So maybe I will think about it a little longer. If I will not be able to make a decision I will go for yellow on backhand :) It's hard to make a decision without having a chance to play with particular equipment (or any custom racket at this point).