New Setup .. Advice requiered

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hi,

I'm playing with Sriver FX 1.9 on the FH and and Butterfly Super Anti on the BH .. I'm used to play defensive, trying to block with my BH. Occasionally I try to block with my FH and try to attack with it .. Always forward smash, never trying to topspin. I try to serve with power with my FH .. So now I'm looking for a better alternative for my FH where I can improve my play ..

Lately I get in difficulty with my BH. Opposite players get free balls after I try to block their service .. Ball is getting bit too high due to faster tables I guess .. Does anybody has an alternative for my BH ?

I'm playing in Belgium and in France competition .. In France I have rank 10-11 ..

Thanks for your advice in advance :)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi,

I'm playing with Sriver FX 1.9 on the FH and and Butterfly Super Anti on the BH .. I'm used to play defensive, trying to block with my BH. Occasionally I try to block with my FH and try to attack with it .. Always forward smash, never trying to topspin. I try to serve with power with my FH .. So now I'm looking for a better alternative for my FH where I can improve my play ..

Lately I get in difficulty with my BH. Opposite players get free balls after I try to block their service .. Ball is getting bit too high due to faster tables I guess .. Does anybody has an alternative for my BH ?

I'm playing in Belgium and in France competition .. In France I have rank 10-11 ..

Thanks for your advice in advance :)

Have you ever tried playing with Sriver FX 1.9 on your BH? Maybe you you could try playing with it on both sides? Or switch to some pips on the BH? What blade are you using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I play with an allround Tibhar IV-L blade ... I was considering pips but which is compatible with my Super Anti ...

You are using rubbers from last era...

Probably try the new era rubber would be better.

FH: Try Tenergy 64 or Evolution EL-P

BH: If you don't want to change your style a lot, try switch to some latest sleek antis (as far as I remember, butterfly super anti is a sleek anti) You can try those from der materialspezialist ( Transformer, Mega-block) or those from Dr.Neubauer (Buffalo, Bison). These are good sleek anti with a latest dampen sponge. Very good defense, slow the ball a LOT!

Check the video, if your style is like this, give it a try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTQiipUMCY

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
You are using rubbers from last era...

Probably try the new era rubber would be better.

FH: Try Tenergy 64 or Evolution EL-P

BH: If you don't want to change your style a lot, try switch to some latest sleek antis (as far as I remember, butterfly super anti is a sleek anti) You can try those from der materialspezialist ( Transformer, Mega-block) or those from Dr.Neubauer (Buffalo, Bison). These are good sleek anti with a latest dampen sponge. Very good defense, slow the ball a LOT!

Check the video, if your style is like this, give it a try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZTQiipUMCY

If he has a good FH, which he should have at French level 10-11, it might no be a bad idea. Starting with the softer Tibhar EL-P on FH (T64 might be too hard and fast).

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I dont know that anti rubber and dunno how u play, but I suggest you should first try a more speed dampening rubber that sucks all the speed out and rely on better placement.

The easy 3rd ball attacks against anti are usually the result of bad placement. Practice someone serving you a fast very spinny pendulum and you have to land the ball on their forehand side edge of the table for example. Practice placing the ball where they dont want it

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
anti spin rubber should somewhat address the problems you are facing with your BH, but specialty rubbers shouldn't be a solution to problems (cause they will impede your overall progress), they should be used for tricking the opponent. If you can't control the spin with antispin rubber, as someone mentioned, put slower rubber and start training. Maybe practice returning more powerfull topspin balls with a robot.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Everybody thanks for the advice ...

My playing style is similar as the one on the youtube-video but I try more to push the ball towards the backhand of the other player ... I'm playing already 10 years with the same BH-rubber so maybe a change is good ..

Also thanks for the advice on the 3rd ball ...

Reactions: thomas.pong