PDA

View Full Version : Friendship Battle 2 Provincial

FelixTT
01-23-2018, 05:29 PM
Rubbers: Friendship 729/Battle Provincial 39 Degrees Black, and Tuned with 2 layers of Seamoon.

First day testing, 2 hours.

Serves:
It really let you impart a huge amount of backspin and sidespin, with minimally effort, to compare i switched to my backhand rubber on forehand( Gewo XT 50) and damn not even close to the spin of Battle 2. Very Satified, the only problem is hitting fast serves needs adjustment coming from Neo 3, but im sure a few days and i will get the hang of it.
Score: 9.5/10

Receving/Touch:
Another area, where this truly shine, not bouncy at all, keep the ball short and low, and let you impart a good amount of backspin to the ball, so is easy for the opponent to misread the amount of spin and throw the ball into the net. It also allows you to redirect the spin of the opponent serve pretty easily
Score: 10/10

Looping and Counter Looping: This is where Chinese Rubber, makes sense, not so fast like MX-P, but the Spin capabilities of this is unmatched, if you brush fast, or brush a little it doesnt matter, the ball will have a lot of SPIN. Counter looping stays the same, so much spin. But to be consistent you need to brush, dont rely on flat hitting with this kind of rubber, even tough flat hits, have a good amount topspin i dont recommened it, just brush and uses the body, you will be happy.

Flat Hitting: The rubber makes a loud sound when hitting flat, is consistent at first when you warm up, but if you put more effort into the hit, enough to make it a winner shot, it can be inconsistent.
Score: 7/10

Blocking: Didnt have time to test it, next session will try it.

I need more time to really engages the properties of this rubber, need more testing, i will keep an update the coming days.

Ilia Minkin
01-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Is it very different from the ordinary version?

FelixTT
01-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Is it very different from the ordinary version?
The normal version is tackier and slower. Apart from that, same properties.

Lightzy
01-23-2018, 06:39 PM
That review is kind of what i think about the regular version.

The really amazing thing about it is how deceptive the spin is in touches and serves.
Except that you need the right brushing technique for driving the ball with speed and accuracy. But yeah itll never be as directly fast and easily spinny as the fast tensors. Rewards technique.

But like you said; if you have the technique down, the spin is very surprising for the opponent.

dominus7
01-23-2018, 08:28 PM
The normal version is tackier and slower. Apart from that, same properties.Differences with the h3 neo?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

shakehand
01-24-2018, 08:51 AM
How about the throw angle and weight compare to H3 ? Tabletennisdb data shows throw is 7.1 for comercial version. That is too high for chinese rubber

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dominus7
01-24-2018, 08:58 AM
How about the throw angle and weight compare to H3 ? Tabletennisdb data shows throw is 7.1 for comercial version. That is too high for chinese rubber

Sent from my SM-N9005 using TapatalkRemember that ttdb is not very trustable, many subjective opinion, and many variables, I mean you don't know if they're advanced, intermediate or beginner, and which rubber was used before, etc. At least is a review.

FelixTT
01-24-2018, 02:51 PM

Is very low, like typical chinese rubber, h3 weight less, h3 throw angle is a litte higher in my opinion.
But right now im not as efective with the battle 2,as the h3 neo, need adjustment but in a couple of days, i will get use to it.

Atas Newton
01-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Thanks for doing the review! Do you think the unboosted rubber would be too slow?

FelixTT
01-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Thanks for doing the review! Do you think the unboosted rubber would be too slow?

To be honest, i dont know how will it play unboosted, but after boosting h3 neo, the rubber was so different in a good way, that i immediately, boost the Battle 2, in hopes it will play better than h3 neo. But reading reviews about normal battle 2, the people says is much more faster and forgiving than h3 neo, even unboosted.

Lightzy
01-24-2018, 08:09 PM
I don't boost mine. I just hammer it for a few hours and it's ready :P

It is a lot springier than the h3neo out of the box. It has a nice kick and speed. For a 'classic' chinese rubber, of course.
It's basically a classic chinese rubber updated for the new balls, I think. Same philosophy but faster, tackier, more reliable.

I found its throw to be medium to medium-high, but it is perhaps also down to technique

FelixTT
01-24-2018, 11:10 PM
I don't boost mine. I just hammer it for a few hours and it's ready :P

It is a lot springier than the h3neo out of the box. It has a nice kick and speed. For a 'classic' chinese rubber, of course.
It's basically a classic chinese rubber updated for the new balls, I think. Same philosophy but faster, tackier, more reliable.

I found its throw to be medium to medium-high, but it is perhaps also down to technique

The throw can be medium if you open the angle of the bat and brush upwards, but if you brush with a 45 degree angle and with forward motion the shot is so low and with a nice kick, that if the opponet legs are not bend, waiting for the shot, is an easy point.

shakehand
01-25-2018, 03:47 AM
Thanks for sharing n interesting rubber. I ordered 1 n will try. Price is reasonable also

Lightzy
01-25-2018, 06:25 AM
The throw can be medium if you open the angle of the bat and brush upwards, but if you brush with a 45 degree angle and with forward motion the shot is so low and with a nice kick, that if the opponet legs are not bend, waiting for the shot, is an easy point.

Yup that's part of what I like about it and this type of rubber in general. The fast and low-over-the-net points :)

dominus7
01-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Rubbers: Friendship 729/Battle Provincial 39 Degrees Black, and Tuned with 2 layers of Seamoon.

First day testing, 2 hours.

Serves:
It really let you impart a huge amount of backspin and sidespin, with minimally effort, to compare i switched to my backhand rubber on forehand( Gewo XT 50) and damn not even close to the spin of Battle 2. Very Satified, the only problem is hitting fast serves needs adjustment coming from Neo 3, but im sure a few days and i will get the hang of it.

Receving/Touch:
Another area, where this truly shine, not bouncy at all, keep the ball short and low, and let you impart a good amount of backspin to the ball, so is easy for the opponent to misread the amount of spin and throw the ball into the net. It also allows you to redirect the spin of the opponent serve pretty easily
Score: 10/10

Looping and Counter Looping: This is where Chinese Rubber, makes sense, not so fast like MX-P, but the Spin capabilities of this is unmatched, if you brush fast, or brush a little it doesnt matter, the ball will have a lot of SPIN. Counter looping stays the same, so much spin. But to be consistent you need to brush, dont rely on flat hitting with this kind of rubber, even tough flat hits, have a good amount topspin i dont recommened it, just brush and uses the body, you will be happy.

Flat Hitting: The rubber makes a loud sound when hitting flat, is consistent at first when you warm up, but if you put more effort into the hit, enough to make it a winner shot, it can be inconsistent.
Score: 7/10

Blocking: Didnt have time to test it, next session will try it.

I need more time to really engages the properties of this rubber, need more testing, i will keep an update the coming days.You forgot to say which blade have used with the b2, I hope to be 5 plywod limba ayous

dominus7
01-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Btw where did you buy that b2 prov?

FelixTT
01-25-2018, 11:21 AM
You forgot to say which blade have used with the b2, I hope to be 5 plywod limba ayous

Haha. Yeah you're right composite blade: Hurricane long V ( the new model)

FelixTT
01-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Btw where did you buy that b2 prov?

Prott.vip but if youre going to buy it choose dhl express as shipping method if not youre going to be waiting a really long time.

FelixTT
01-25-2018, 03:17 PM
Another thing regarding the tackiness, at first i thought it was tacky, but after 2 o 3 days, i dont feel tackiness anymore, maybe the rubber is not tacky like the commercial one or maybe is the booster? dont really knw, but, it is definitely a Chinese Rubbers feeling, that is for sure

FelixTT
01-25-2018, 03:20 PM
Yup that's part of what I like about it and this type of rubber in general. The fast and low-over-the-net points :)

That low throw plus the different gears, its all you need to instill fear. If you have the correct mindset (use the body, relax accelerate, brush), if you can do that, then Chinese Rubbers will always be superior to European, my opinion.

HairF1
01-26-2018, 12:33 AM
I agree with FelixTT about chinese rubbers in general, but Provincial Battle 2 (38º) mas a huge disappointment for me. Dont know if I got a bad batch, but the rubber felt dead even boosted and the throw was too low for my game, much lower than H3, TG3, or TG2 national (the one I am currently using).

FelixTT
01-26-2018, 04:21 PM
I agree with FelixTT about chinese rubbers in general, but Provincial Battle 2 (38º) mas a huge disappointment for me. Dont know if I got a bad batch, but the rubber felt dead even boosted and the throw was too low for my game, much lower than H3, TG3, or TG2 national (the one I am currently using).

Sorry to hear that, What boosters did you use?, i used seamoon 2 layers, i need more testing, im not completely sold yet on this one.
What about TG2 National, its worth it?.

HairF1
01-27-2018, 01:08 AM
I have used two layers of Falco Long.

TG2 national is definitely the best rubber I have tried so far. In love with it, also with 2 layers of falco. It is incredibly spinny and has a low arc and long trajectory, just how I like it. And curiously how battle 2 was supposed to be I believe. I found battle 2 to be closer to Hurricane 3 neo commercial, which I also didnt like. But I'll also give it another try.

Sorry to hear that, What boosters did you use?, i used seamoon 2 layers, i need more testing, im not completely sold yet on this one.
What about TG2 National, its worth it?.

FelixTT
01-27-2018, 01:17 PM
I have used two layers of Falco Long.

TG2 national is definitely the best rubber I have tried so far. In love with it, also with 2 layers of falco. It is incredibly spinny and has a low arc and long trajectory, just how I like it. And curiously how battle 2 was supposed to be I believe. I found battle 2 to be closer to Hurricane 3 neo commercial, which I also didnt like. But I'll also give it another try.

Where did you get it?

HairF1
01-28-2018, 02:17 AM
I got both rubbers at prott

Where did you get it?

vik2000
07-07-2018, 04:11 AM
I know this thread is a bit old but where did you source your Battle II Provincial? I see some for sale on Aliexpress but I'm not sure how legitimate it is.

chintanmashroo
07-08-2018, 03:37 AM
They are legit, go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mart1nandersson
07-08-2018, 03:47 PM
I know this thread is a bit old but where did you source your Battle II Provincial? I see some for sale on Aliexpress but I'm not sure how legitimate it is.

Playa Ping Pong sells legit B2 provincial on Aliexpress:
https://playapingpong.aliexpress.com/

I've probably ordered from them 5-6 times and never had any issues (and the serial/authenticity numbers always check out ok).

vik2000
07-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Thanks!

dominus7
07-08-2018, 09:43 PM
I've read in other post that the rubber is out of production...
Playa Ping Pong sells legit B2 provincial on Aliexpress:
https://playapingpong.aliexpress.com/

I've probably ordered from them 5-6 times and never had any issues (and the serial/authenticity numbers always check out ok).

vik2000
07-08-2018, 11:53 PM
I read that somewhere as well... due to quality control issues, which is a shame because I wanted to try based on Lightzy's review on my Avalox P700 blade. I still bought one in the end since it's cheap enough...

It's definitely odd to see the Provincial version being the same price as the regular one for this rubber though.

raga4ka
11-26-2018, 05:57 PM
I ordered the Battle 2 Provincial. My question is should I Boost it?

Lightzy
11-26-2018, 08:31 PM
I ordered the Battle 2 Provincial. My question is should I Boost it?

Definitely. The provincial is less good than the regular as it is. It has to be boosted.

mart1nandersson
11-26-2018, 09:46 PM
We have a new vietnamese guy in our club which has got about points 1200 in the Swedish ranking system but is really racing through all tournaments. My guess would be that he's around 2000 in reality as he beats the crap out of players who are >1600 during practices. Maybe div 2-3 class in Sweden?

He plays with provincial B2 on both sides on a DHS PG7 without any kind of booster. He brush loops pretty much every shot. Fantastic to watch. Horrible to play against.

raga4ka
12-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Definitely. The provincial is less good than the regular as it is. It has to be boosted.

Well I couldn't wait for an other 3 days to boost it properly and just glued it on my Christmas gift DHS Hurricane Long 5 the new version, with thinner handle and reduced weight, without boosting it.

Forehand: 729/Friendship Battle 2 Provincial Black 40 degree Orange sponge
Backhand: DHS Gold Arc 8 Red 47.5 degree Medium thickness Yellow Sponge

The racket overall isn't overweight (when I get a scale i'll measure it), a little head heavy do to thinner handle. I didn't find the B2 uncontrollable in pushing and looping, but I normally don't put a lot of power to my shots I focus on brushing technique. Speed was more then enough on the HL 5 both close and away from the table, spin was astounding, with the ball accelerating greatly right after the bounce. Need more time to test it on other aspects like serving and service receive, but overall it's a really good setup even without boosting it.

Overall I really like this setup, It's a really big step up from my older DHS H-WL with Neo Hurricane 2 and Stiga Clipper with Neo Hurricane 3. It produces bigger spin and speed with a lot less effort, especially good for the newer 40+ ball.

Battle 2 provincial Black 40 degree with orange sponge is a very good forehand rubber for her price of about 25-30 dollars on AliExpress. I would like to try the Blue and Purple Sponge versions if I could and also compare them to other potential rubbers like: 729-08 Pro, DHS Hurricane 8, Hurricane 2 or 3 and TG 2 and 3 provincial to find the ultimate affordable Chinese forehand rubber. I assume that DHS National versions are better, but they are tenergy level expensive and not for me at this point in time.

729B2
12-06-2018, 10:26 AM
38 degree is too soft boosted or not , 39 or 40 is the way to go , h8 was crap , purple is like a low amount of boost
and blue sponge boosted is da bomb but iv never boosted purple and havn't tryed the red colour yet

dominus7
12-06-2018, 11:11 AM
What's the tackier rubber? The grey one fold or golden/black fold? I've heard the grey is the provincial and the gold/black is commercial

729B2
12-06-2018, 11:47 AM
the vacuum seal is the provincial and none sealed is commercial

729B2
12-06-2018, 12:42 PM
and orange has the least tack

Lightzy
12-06-2018, 12:56 PM
If you ask me the provincial version is shit, the best is the commercial version at 45 hardness (which is really much harder because of the thickness of the topsheet). It's also the tackiest.

I see that lots of others had the same experience as me regarding the provincial version.

Who knows.

v100ev
12-06-2018, 01:25 PM
I am currently playing with the provincial version. Used the normal one before that. The only difference for me is the fact that the provincial version broke after about 2 weeks of playing(3 times a week). And the normal version broke faster. The prov is a little faster and that's all I see for now. But also the price for the prov was better so that's why I bought it. No big difference between the two :)

If you ask me the provincial version is shit, the best is the commercial version at 45 hardness (which is really much harder because of the thickness of the topsheet). It's also the tackiest.

I see that lots of others had the same experience as me regarding the provincial version.

Who knows.

729B2
12-06-2018, 01:50 PM

Who knows.

curious what did you change too now?
and yeah your right too about prov none boosted

vik2000
12-06-2018, 01:56 PM
I recently started trying the provincial one 39 degree with 3 layers of Falco. I do notice that the provincial one is less tackier than the normal version. Have only played a few matches with it so far so it's a little too early to tell but speed and spin appear to be pretty good. I do need to work on my brushing technique.

729B2
12-06-2018, 02:15 PM
I recently started trying the provincial one 39 degree with 3 layers of Falco. I do notice that the provincial one is less tackier than the normal version. Have only played a few matches with it so far so it's a little too early to tell but speed and spin appear to be pretty good. I do need to work on my brushing technique.

get a better oil haifu black or yellow oil or lidu gold oil it works alot better unless you want a long lasting booster

AndySmith
12-06-2018, 02:42 PM
I recently got black sheets of Battle 2 - one Provincial 38 orange sponge and one Provincial 39 blue sponge. The orange sponged one is reasonably tacky (and plays OK), but the blue sponged one is much tackier (and plays awesome). It's always a bit of a mixed bag with 729 I guess.

dominus7
12-06-2018, 02:46 PM
In prott website they specify 39,40 deg, but in AliExpress they specify 45,47,49 deg, el are those as the same deg? I mean Chinese degree? Or AliExpress takes it as European degrees?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181206/7e172dd8d1e32d9b10c3c75c0031b4da.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181206/216e18384849b0be5d29464084ca579d.jpg

Lightzy
12-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Maybe its my fault ghe prov sucked for me, cuz i dont boost.
The regular was better and way more tacky which i like.

Since its more wintery now and the air is dry i glued it back. Fun rubber.

vik2000
12-06-2018, 04:26 PM
get a better oil haifu black or yellow oil or lidu gold oil it works alot better unless you want a long lasting booster

I'm using FTL mainly because I don't want to reboost so often. It took a lot of convincing for me to even bother with boosting and I think FTL is the most I can do. Even boosting every 8-12 weeks is a huge hassle for me. I actually don't have any intention of reboosting. Will just boost it once, and keep using it til the rubber dies.

729B2
12-07-2018, 02:45 AM
ahh ok im so use to it every 2 weeks , yeah lightzy that what i found to be the case but then again everyone different