Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The November World rankings have been released by the ITTF and here are the listings below! There have been some awesome transformations in the rankings this period so check it out! The rankings were published by the International Table Tennis Federation on Tuesday 1'st November 2011.

In form Ma Long who has recently won 6 major tournaments and the current Swedish Open Mens Singles winner retains his number 1 ranking of the World! The next four spots have not changed with Wang Hao coming in at 2, followed by Zhang Jike, Timo Boll and Ma Lin.

Vladimir Samsonov and Joo Se Hyuk from Korea keep their Ninth and Tenth positions.

One player in particular saw an incredible transformation in the World Rankings. This was Slovenia's Bojan Tokic!

tokic5_01_11_11_Large.jpg

In the Top 10 sees Wang Liqin move from 8 to no.6 as a result from his hard work at the Swedish Open where he beat this years World Champion Zhang Jike. Jun Mizutani drops a place to no.7 with Xu Xin dropping to 9.

Mens Seedings

1) Ma Long
2) Wang Hao
3) Zhang Jike
4) Timo Boll
5) Ma Lin
6) Wang Liqin
7) Jun Mizutani
8) Xu Xin
9) Vladimir Samsonov
10) Joo Se Hyuk​

Back to the main jump in the World Rankings. Bojan Tokic made a remarkable leap. The Slovenian jumped 20 places from no.45 to no.25. This is due to his outstanding efforts in the recent European Championships where he reached the semi finals of the Men's singles losing out the the eventual winner Timo Boll. This is the first time for Bojan to reach the top 30 mark!

Germany's Patrick Baum achieves a career high as he moves from no.23 to no.19. Aleksander Karakasevic the man of the show beaten by Patrick Baum in the semi-finals of the European Championships climbed from 100 to no.75. Marcos Freitas climbs from 38 to no.32.

Japan's Koki Niwa climbs to number 2 in the world (Under 21's) as he took over Korea's Kim Min Seok. Koki Niwa is still number 1 of the under 18's World Ranking ahead of China's Yan An and Liu Gaoyuan.

Remember England's Liam Pitchford who beat Vladimir Samsonov at the recent European Championships? He climbed to no.200

Womens World Ranking

New World Number 1 Ding Ning!!

ding_ning2_01_11_11_Large.jpg

1) Ding Ning
2) Li Xiaoxia
3) Guo Yan
4) Feng Tianwei
5) Liu Shiwen
6) Guo Yue
7) Kasumi Ishikawa
8) Ai Fukuhara
9) Wang Yuegu
10) Yana Tie

The winner of the recent Libherr Women's World Cup in Singapore Ding Ning is the the World Number 1 female Table Tennis player! The World Ranking issued by the International Table Tennis Federation on Tuesday 1st November 2011 saw the 21 year old Ding Ning climb 1 place to a career high!

Ding Ning will lead China in the World Team Cup for CHina on the 3rd November.

Li Xiaoxia drops one place to no.2. Both Guo Yan and Fend Tianwei retain there positions from last months rankings.

What a year its been for Ding Ning having one the Womens Singles title at the World Championships in Rotterdam 2011!

What do you all think of the new world rankings? Any surprises? What do you think of the rankings this period around.

All photos used are by Remy Gros

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great jump from Tokic :D He deserves it. It is kinda suprising that Ma Lin is still in the top-5 while he went out early on two pro tours this year.

Yeah I thought that to WiWa. And Vladimir Samsonov as he lost to Liam Pitchford...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
How the rankings and rating system works is how well the players do overall in a tournament. If high seeded players are upset by someone who is rather low on the ranking systems they take into account whether those players that upset the higher seeds continues on to the semis or finals. If they do not then they gain only the set points they won from beating the higher rated player. Typically per tournament you need 2-3 upsets to really jump up, but if you are the one being upset and it's early you simply lose the 20 points or so but do not really climb down.

For a player with say 2500 points and above to really go down they would have to lose just about every tournament per year. Ma Lin has won a few majors this year and beaten higher rated players so that keeps in the top 5. Vladimir you can see has dropped and will continue to drop as he loses more tournaments. If he is continually upset he will go down if he gets to the semis or maybe even quarters he will stay where he's at.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Rank Ranking
Points Name Activity
1 2873 MA Long (CHN)
2 2807 WANG Hao (CHN)
3 2767 ZHANG Jike (CHN)
4 2725 BOLL Timo (GER)
5 2702 MA Lin (CHN)
6 2636 WANG Liqin (CHN)
7 2627 MIZUTANI Jun (JPN)
8 2616 XU Xin (CHN)
9 2513 SAMSONOV Vladimir (BLR)
10 2489 JOO Se Hyuk (KOR)
11 2476 CHEN Qi (CHN)
12 2468 OVTCHAROV Dimitrij (GER)
13 2459 OH Sang Eun (KOR)
14 2440 CHUANG Chih-Yuan (TPE)
15 2420 RYU Seung Min (KOR)
16 2345 HAO Shuai (CHN)
17 2318 KISHIKAWA Seiya (JPN)
18 2289 GAO Ning (SIN)
19 2279 BAUM Patrick (GER)
20 2265 STEGER Bastian (GER)

As you can see, the points are very close. There are no run aways. This will make it even more interesting, es[pecially for those who wants to qualify for the pro finals this year. Especially those near the drop zone.

Mar 2011
If Chen Qi would play more, i'm shure he would be in top 8 or something...

I agree with you Scorpnox, but he needs to do well in those tournaments too ;)
But mind you, probably other chinese players will playing in those tournaments too. It those player higher than him plays too, and do well, I'm afraid Chen Qi will face a tough time to break into the top 10. But, we can wish, can't we? :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ricardo Walther (ger) 295 >>> 181, awesome!
Simon Gauzy (fra) 216 >>> 140, also awesome!

and of course Liam Pitchford 269 >>> 200, keep going! :D

Hehe I know this Ricardo boy he is very good. Amazing hands and can do a lot with the ball. Hes had some impreesive results lately. Im looking forward to his progress

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
O really? Only singles counts on ranking? Im not to sure on that one WiWa

I'm not sure either but it seems fair. If you could earn ranking points there it would be easier for relatively weak players from a strong team (like Lundqvist) to gain points than good players with weaker teammates (like Samsonov).

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'm not sure either but it seems fair. If you could earn ranking points there it would be easier for relatively weak players from a strong team (like Lundqvist) to gain points than good players with weaker teammates (like Samsonov).

Yeah that makes sence. I doubt Liam got points for that win.. Bin gutting for the lad

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
He did I already looked at the point breakdown, it was 40 points for beating Samsonov of course you get points for teams :p

Thanks Matt

Where are the point breakdowns? I am surprised Liam do a bigger leap. He had beat 4 players in the top 100. Interesting...

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
The point breakdowns are in ranking details which is actually beneath the mens and womens rankings on the dropdown tab, its the blue screen with yellow text and you can search any ranked player and look up to 4 years back into their results and see their rating trend etc. VERY HANDY for those of you who haven't used it before