Been Playing for a Year or Two and Looking to Upgrade My Bat But Need Advice

This user has no status.
I have been using DHS Skyline 3 TG Neo rubbers and the Donic Walder exclusive ar+ blade for just over a year. I am finding that this set-up has good control and spin but lacks speed especially when stepping back from the table.
Looking into a new set-up I am interested in DHS hurricane 3 neo rubber which is tacky and has good spin and pairing this with the Butterfly maze magic blade which is faster than the one I am currently using.
Any opinions, help and alternatives would be appreciated.
Just for context i am a Uni student who has been playing for around 2.5 years. I wouldnt consider myself a beginner but I'm not that advanced. I like to play aggressively (mainly forehand player, slightly more controlled play on the back hand). My budget is approx £100

This user has no status.
I have been using DHS Skyline 3 TG Neo rubbers and the Donic Walder exclusive ar+ blade for just over a year. I am finding that this set-up has good control and spin but lacks speed especially when stepping back from the table.
Looking into a new set-up I am interested in DHS hurricane 3 neo rubber which is tacky and has good spin and pairing this with the Butterfly maze magic blade which is faster than the one I am currently using.
Any opinions, help and alternatives would be appreciated.
Just for context i am a Uni student who has been playing for around 2.5 years. I wouldnt consider myself a beginner but I'm not that advanced. I like to play aggressively (mainly forehand player, slightly more controlled play on the back hand). My budget is approx £100
I can recommend DHS power G13 off with joola rythm P on forehand and donic bluefire JP 02 on backhand. Another good looking blade is yasaka gioboa ? Spelling but is meant to be similar to stigma rosewood.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I would personally stick to same rubber (FH at least), I have tried all the NEO's except TG2 and the TG3 NEO is the most forgiving in the top spin game while everything else is so slight at a lower lvl like ours its hardly noticed.

For blade I would say to go faster and try the Stiga Clipper as the price is far less than the others I will suggest and pairs very well with Chinese rubbers.
Check out the blades the CNT men use as they usually pair well with Chinese rubbers. They are a little more costly except maybe a DHS blade or 2.
A popular one is the butterfly Viscaria, but alone the blade is more than your budget lol.

This user has no status.
DHS PG7 or clipper would be amazing for blade, keep china rubber or FH maybe somthing softer on BH to compensate for the shorter stroke. But all up to you i mean I cant talk i go through blades and sell them faster than the eye can see and am now reciving a custom RPB Jpen.. so really do what you find fun!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I would not go for a Clipper when coming from a Waldner AR+ which is a flexy 5ply.
If you want a faster blade pick one which is not that much stiffer, maybe a Korbel or if it has to be a lot faster then a Viscaria. The Clipper is super stiff compared to the other 2 and makes it a lot harder to loop. If you just want more tempo then it's not the correct choice imho.

Reactions: thomas.pong