FH rubber needed, advice pls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hi,

I am going to change my FH rubber. I'm playing BTY Tenergy 05 Fx now, but it's not for me; it's too hard and too unforgiving and I cannot play a lot of spins on the table.
Last year I played with desto F3 bigslam, but that was a bit too soft and it didn't last long.
The years before that, I played glued samba and mambo :cool:
My game is contra, block and topspin, very controlled, but I also need to spin easily and hard. I guess I need a medium soft rubber, it also has to have a built in glue effect.

so guys, what is your advice for me?

DFC

This user has no status.
Hi,

Try Giant Dragon Superspin G3. Its a factory tuned rubber with a long life span. There are 2 versions Hard & Soft, the Hard is more of a medium sponge whereas the Soft is soft. The good thing is that both have tacky tops so you get good spin unlike most soft tensor rubbers. Very easy & enjoyable to play with with high levels of control yet very good speed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I hit with a friend's blade recently and he had Xiom Omega 3 Euro. It was really one of the best soft rubbers I have felt. I got a lot of control and a lot of spin on all my shots. I think the suggestions above are really good also though. I recently hit with Calibra LT Sound. It was on a hard blade and it was fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I use Xiom Omega IV Europe which is the best rubber I have ever used for my forehand. Lots of spin, good control and actually good for hard looping too :). If you know someone that uses it, try it! Most people who have tried my blade are surprised of how good Omega IV is, since Xiom isn't a well known rubber here in Sweden yet.

As azlan said, the Calibra rubbers are good too, but I definitely think Xiom Omega IV Europe is on a higher level. But most important is that you like it of course! :)

Hope you find a rubber you like!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Why no Chinese rubbers? Your game seems to have an all around effect to it and if you're not liking T05fx you need to take a step down not laterally. I'm rather confused why you would need a glue effect if you would rather have control and block or drive the ball.

If you really need the glue effect maybe try T05 regular? The sponge is harder allowing for a bit more spin and if you can work on your block it really can do nice things to the ball in your favor.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Why no Chinese rubbers? Your game seems to have an all around effect to it and if you're not liking T05fx you need to take a step down not laterally. I'm rather confused why you would need a glue effect if you would rather have control and block or drive the ball.

If you really need the glue effect maybe try T05 regular? The sponge is harder allowing for a bit more spin and if you can work on your block it really can do nice things to the ball in your favor.

Not everyone likes Chinese rubbers. I like them. But I like hard rubbers. If he is saying Tenergy 05FX is too hard for him, why recommend something that is harder like Chinese rubbers and T05 regular?

Last edited:
says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
Sep 2011
sir
To get more spin we should have proper open angle and the on coming ball should have back spin then you can hit a good topspin on rise of the ball this may help you and then switch over to new rubbers.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Come spend a year in Korea, join a club, play unlimited matches every day and get 3 lessons a week for around $120 USD average rate in a Seoul club. The lessons and a years worth of club matches/tourneys will do MUCH more for your stroke than a rubber change. On the plus side, it is way cheaper here in Korea and food/adventure factor is off the charts. We even have a Foreigners TT association that plays tourneys here with the Koreans.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
@ carl - his problems seem to be the dwell he gets from the softer sponge. A lot of players believe harder sponges equal harder shots, but as Tenergy is a softer topsheet that isn't the case. T05fx is softer and catapults a bit more on flexible blades compared to T05. So if he's missing shots because they're going too long T05 could be better for him or he could try a thinner sponge.

@ Just - you're game doesn't require a speed glue effect. You may have played a lot in the speed glue era, but if you're not attacking the ball a majority of the time as you've said you are you really want to either up speed, spin, or control to fit your game. At the moment you seem to value control and spin so just find some setup that really works towards those. If you want faster rubber then find something like that, but as far as blocking and controlling the game you really should look into something other than the SGE rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Current T05FX is 2.1 sponge.
I play Rakza 7 in the backhand, that is a great rubber.

I boosted my Tenerg 05FX + glued it with Elmers + treated with olive oil and it played great.. I have a lot more speed + grip now. I have a controlled game, but sometimes I need to make hard and fast topspins if your playing somebody who also plays like me.
Thanks for the suggestions here.
Der_erste, see you in Korea! ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Unless you have found one or stay with the same, I recommend you Stiga Calibra (heard of them that they're really good) or Xiom Omega IV Europe.
It's my forehand rubber. Before I played Tenergy 05.
It's soft, fast and controlled! I have no problems with it! Plays really good and I can put a lot of variation into the ball!

Cheers