optimal weight for penhold?

hey all! My current setup is about 185 grams and do you think that is heavy/light for a penholder? and what should be the average weight of the racket be for a penholder? Also I personally think(and have heard somewhere) that a penholder's racket should be a little lighter because of the way penholders hold their bat. what about ya'll?

This user has no status.
My past and current penhold paddles were (184~186) grams. My past was DHS Hurricane Hao 656 blade with DHS H3 Commercial and Tenergy 05, and my current is DHS H301 blade with DHS H3 Neo Provincial BS and Gold Arc 8 (47.5deg). I don't feel my paddle that heavy. Since we are penholders, we don't have to carry the weight of the paddle on our wrists like the shakehanders. We simply point the paddle down and let our arm sustain the weight of the paddle.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
hey all! My current setup is about 185 grams and do you think that is heavy/light for a penholder? and what should be the average weight of the racket be for a penholder? Also I personally think(and have heard somewhere) that a penholder's racket should be a little lighter because of the way penholders hold their bat. what about ya'll?
I have played H3 on both sides for a while. Weight ~183g.

When using RPB i make sure I minimize the wrist use (apart from banana flick ofc). In fact the weight will be adding momentum to your stroke once you get used to it.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
My current penhold paddle is 98 grams ( one side only "traditionnal penhold" ). My blade is a T11+ with balsa and carbon, very light. With "Calibra LT Sound" ( 35 deg ).

I gave up with "RPB", its so complicated during matches to choose between RPB and RT

And a light paddle is very pleasant to play, that also matters !