What glue do you use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hey,

I will glue on new rubbers soon, earlier I used Butterfly Free Chack and Donic Vario Clean.
But now I haven't got any glue. Thanks for answers :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I have been mostly been using Butterfly Free Chack, and today I just tried Free Chack Pro. I am satisfied with both of them, they are easy to apply. Free Chack is easy to remove too. I have not tried removal of the Pro variant yet. Not much difference between them as far as I can see. Free Chack Pro is maybe slightly thicker.

I have used Nittaku Fine Zip before, but found it a bit difficult to apply without getting lumps when spreading out the glue. I guess all glues will give you lumps if you use too much time during application, but Finezip was imho difficult to deal with.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I have been mostly been using Butterfly Free Chack, and today I just tried Free Chack Pro. I am satisfied with both of them, they are easy to apply. Free Chack is easy to remove too. I have not tried removal of the Pro variant yet. Not much difference between them as far as I can see. Free Chack Pro is maybe slightly thicker.

I have used Nittaku Fine Zip before, but found it a bit difficult to apply without getting lumps when spreading out the glue. I guess all glues will give you lumps if you use too much time during application, but Finezip was imho difficult to deal with.

I use BTY Free Chack II (2 layers on the rubber, 1 layer on the blade) and like it. The first type of Free Chack wasn't very good, didn't stick well.

I've experienced the same difficulties with Nittaku Fine Zip, mostly because I'm not used to it, it's thicker and dries quicker. I think Free Chack II is just a little bit easier to use as it's thinner but it does take longer to dry. My friend waters down his Fine Zip with a few drops of water... that seems to do the trick.

Last edited:
Interesting question, I use Tibhar VS top glue. I only know it was better than a Falco I bought, but I think is interesting because do you think this affects the performance of the equipment? In new rubbers I apply 2 layers on the sponge and 1 layer on the Blade, however is not easy to remove, I have to be very careful to removed from the sponge using and old top sheet to peel it off. I think I will try revolution no. 3 medium viscosity, looks easier to remove but I never thought if it would affect performance or no.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Interesting question, I use Tibhar VS top glue. I only know it was better than a Falco I bought, but I think is interesting because do you think this affects the performance of the equipment? In new rubbers I apply 2 layers on the sponge and 1 layer on the Blade, however is not easy to remove, I have to be very careful to removed from the sponge using and old top sheet to peel it off. I think I will try revolution no. 3 medium viscosity, looks easier to remove but I never thought if it would affect performance or no.

It does, just like the glues used by the blade manufacturers between plies. How many layers of glue matters too, pros are known to use 15-20 layers of glue on rubbers...

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Used Andro Turbo Fix, now using Donic Vario Clean... not much of a difference between them IMO, Donic is a bit thicker and easier to apply, overall both are fine for me... Have some experience with some Butterfly glues before and it was negative, it was very hard to remove this glue from the rubber without damage to the sponge, with andro turbo fix and donic vario clean this process much easier and cleaner... only IMHO...

This user has no status.
Used Andro Turbo Fix, now using Donic Vario Clean... not much of a difference between them IMO, Donic is a bit thicker and easier to apply, overall both are fine for me... Have some experience with some Butterfly glues before and it was negative, it was very hard to remove this glue from the rubber without damage to the sponge, with andro turbo fix and donic vario clean this process much easier and cleaner... only IMHO...

Same here.
I didn't like the butterfly.
Donic Vario Clean so far works well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
20180216_120444.jpg

I use Donic Formula First. Good glue, but the applicator didn't last...