H3neo vs H3 tackiness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
same topsheet so it shouldn't matter right?

Not exactly.

H3neo's topsheet seems a bit more fragile and delicate than the old topsheet of H3 (regular/non-neo) which seems to be close to indestructable.
I have a now nearly 3year old H3. Its topsheet looks almost brandnew compared to my 3months old H3neo which looks as if i've put out a campfire with it.

Reactions: suds79 and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
same topsheet so it shouldn't matter right?

I thought the same- that H3 and H3neo had the same topsheet, just the sponges were different. So the tackiness should be the same too. Some time ago at the club a guy brought H3 and I had a brief chance to look at it. t was so much more tacky then my H3neo. I could easily lift the ball with H3 when I pressed it into the rubber. I couldn't do that with my H3Neo ever.

(I wanted to ask him to give my a try, but by the next time I saw him, he didn't have it because somehow he got a bubble in the middle of it and threw it away).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I thought the same- that H3 and H3neo had the same topsheet, just the sponges were different. So the tackiness should be the same too. Some time ago at the club a guy brought H3 and I had a brief chance to look at it. t was so much more tacky then my H3neo. I could easily lift the ball with H3 when I pressed it into the rubber. I couldn't do that with my H3Neo ever.

(I wanted to ask him to give my a try, but by the next time I saw him, he didn't have it because somehow he got a bubble in the middle of it and threw it away).

This is where my love & hate happens with DHS H3.

I have a buddy who gave me a probably year old plus H3 neo and its tackness was just as strong as anything I had brand new. I love the grip & spin you can get out of it. IMO nothing compares to the grip and tackness of a H3 topsheet. But... Of the 2 or 3 Hurricane rubbers I've purchased in the past, they've both done the same thing. In no time flat I got a bubble and I hated that.

I used to think that it's poor manufacturing or the glue wasn't strong enough between the sponge & topsheet but now I'm starting to wonder if it's just that the topsheet is so darn strong, that when the ball is leaving your racket at high speed, it's actually pulling the topsheet off the sponge as that topsheet wants to stay with the ball. Perhaps there can be a thing as too much tack. IDK.

For that reason, I have a hard time going back to DHS.

Right now I'm playing with Gambler Burst on their thors hammer sponge and it's tack I would say is pretty good. Not quite on the level of H3 (nothing is from what I've seen). But pretty darn good. Overall I'm enjoying the rubber with my brief stint with it. Too early to give a full review yet though.

729 Battle 2 oh by the way is also crazy, crazy tacky from the sheet I saw. But good luck finding that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
This is where my love & hate happens with DHS H3.

I have a buddy who gave me a probably year old plus H3 neo and its tackness was just as strong as anything I had brand new. I love the grip & spin you can get out of it. IMO nothing compares to the grip and tackness of a H3 topsheet. But... Of the 2 or 3 Hurricane rubbers I've purchased in the past, they've both done the same thing. In no time flat I got a bubble and I hated that.

I used to think that it's poor manufacturing or the glue wasn't strong enough between the sponge & topsheet but now I'm starting to wonder if it's just that the topsheet is so darn strong, that when the ball is leaving your racket at high speed, it's actually pulling the topsheet off the sponge as that topsheet wants to stay with the ball. Perhaps there can be a thing as too much tack. IDK.

For that reason, I have a hard time going back to DHS.

Right now I'm playing with Gambler Burst on their thors hammer sponge and it's tack I would say is pretty good. Not quite on the level of H3 (nothing is from what I've seen). But pretty darn good. Overall I'm enjoying the rubber with my brief stint with it. Too early to give a full review yet though.

729 Battle 2 oh by the way is also crazy, crazy tacky from the sheet I saw. But good luck finding that.

Yes, it seems there are some issues with H3. The guy from my club had his H3 for a very short time when it bubbled. Did you hear any such problems with H3Neo? Mine were all fine.

Anyways, did you compare the tackiness of H3 and H3Neo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Yes, it seems there are some issues with H3. The guy from my club had his H3 for a very short time when it bubbled. Did you hear any such problems with H3Neo? Mine were all fine.

Anyways, did you compare the tackiness of H3 and H3Neo?

I've bought H3 regular, H2 Neo once, and maybe one other? I can't remember. Both bubbled within a week.

And a buddy gave me his year old H3 Neo which i was amazed how good it was after that time tackyness wise. That one hasn't bubbled on me.

Tackyness was amazing on all of them. I just seem to have bad luck with them bubbling so i can't do it.

Regarding bubble: The provincial H3 neo Blue sponge is very easily bubbled. Especially when heavily boosted.
The national H3 neo BS is much better.
Also, the Prov or National H3 neo Orange Sponge (black label) is not easily bubbled.

Regarding tackiness, the new H3 neo is less tacky than the old H3...
I think it is an adaption to the new 40+ balls. Less tackiness to increase speed.

Reactions: RidTheKid and Simas