DHS National rubber

This user has no status.
Good evening TTD community :) ,

this is my first post so excuse me, if either i posted this in the wrong thread or my questions have already been answered elsewhere :D

Anyways, I've heard that normally you're not able to get an actual DHS Hurricane 3 National Rubber with the Blue Sponge, but while browsing through tabletennis11, from whom I've already bought a couple of things, I saw that they now started to sell the rubber. Now I have two questions:

1. Did something change, meaning that now real National Rubbers are sold and not fake ones?
2. What is the actual difference between Provincial, Commerical and National? well apart from the price :D

Kind regards

Fabian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017

this is my first post so excuse me, if either i posted this in the wrong thread or my questions have already been answered elsewhere :D

Anyways, I've heard that normally you're not able to get an actual DHS Hurricane 3 National Rubber with the Blue Sponge, but while browsing through tabletennis11, from whom I've already bought a couple of things, I saw that they now started to sell the rubber. Now I have two questions:

1. Did something change, meaning that now real National Rubbers are sold and not fake ones?
2. What is the actual difference between Provincial, Commerical and National? well apart from the price :D

Kind regards

Fabian

The H3 Neo National and Provincial on TT11 are "only" orange sponge; the H3 National with the white package they sell is the old non-neo version which was used back in the speed glue days. Some people however (try to) boost these non-neo versions. Your best chance to get genuine blue sponge H3 Neos is prott.vip and/or ttnpp. Another option might be to send Chen Chen a pm...
Anyway, here you will find pretty much everything you need to know about that stuff: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?16290-Chinese-Pro-Equipment-Rubbers-and-Blades

Reactions: Suga D

Kind regards

Fabian

Yes, the national H3 is sold on market now. You can easily buy the non-neo White paper package version. National Neo Orange sponge is most of the time easy to buy.

The supply for National Neo blue sponge is limited. But limited quantity doesn't mean hard to buy them, just the price is coming up and down quite quickly. (something between 400RMB ~ 500 RMB, that's 45-56 GBP)

So your first question, yes you can buy real national rubber quite easily now in China. But there is still fake ones in the market as well.

Regarding the differences, there are several aspect:

Sponges are manufactured in large sheets. Those cut from the centre has the most uniformity, thus it achieves the best consistency --> national.
Those cut a bit away from the centre -- > Provincial. a balance between quality and price.
Those cut on the edges -- > Commercial. It's a bit hard and sponge is not perfect uniform.

While some people say nationals are more powerful or have better control. I think it is more of consistency.

From longevity point of view, national is better. The neo H3 BS Prov is very easily bubble if you are high level Amature or pro players. Neo H3 BS National can withstand much longer.

This user has no status.

Kind regards

Fabian

For your reference, Im currently using H3 national blue sponge boosted. I also used H3neo provincial orange sponge non boosted, H3 50 and commercial H3 neo so i have some experience in DHS rubbers.

In regards to your question:
1. The ones sold by TT11 is the normal orange sponge version not the blue sponge used by CNT
2. The difference between commercial, provincial, national. Its all about quality and consistency. National is the best and provincial is better than commercial. Although National is the best, the difference between that and the provincial version is in my opinion rather small and not worth the significant increase in price. Provincial compared to comemrcial on the other hand is so much different in the way it plays that I've decided to always at least get the provincial version whenever i need a new sheet. The price to play ratio of the provincial is worth it. Do note that provincial and national version is tacky initially but it loses tackiness rather quickly. However, it remains very grippy. This means its is not as slow as the commercial version as the tack does not slow it down but is still as easy to lift back spin and generate spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Give this thread a thorough read. With many pictures!

I read the thread, very interesting (LXX's blades pictures are very cool, they've seen things...) I understood that the real rubbers are customized for particular players, and it is just impractical to make them in large quantities. But I still couldn't get what are those "national" or "provincial" rubbers sold by reputable vendors like Megaspin or TT11. Leftovers that were supposed to be national/provincial, but were ditched for whatever reason?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
A wild guess. Those, though said to be made at the Institute, are likely using a slightly different formula.

This user has no status.
Good evening :) ,

thank you all for the kind and fast replies, gentlemen (or ladies, we don't want to assume anything, do we? :D ). Anyways, I decided I wanted to give the old H3 National Blue Sponge a try :) Is it really necessary to boost the rubber? I would use it on my forehand and well iÍ mainly use my forehand for spin and not speed.

Kind regards

Fabian

This user has no status.
It is a really really hard rubber without boosting, so if you are used to hard rubbers on FH, you could first just glue it on and give it the chance to 'break in'. depends on your training routine how long this takes. if you like it without boosting that's good for you but keep in mind that it is made to be boosted.
The non neo nationals are for speedglue afaik, the ones coming with the white package. and neo versions are for boosters like Haifu, Dianchi etc...

Reactions: Ilia Minkin