PDA

View Full Version : Homemade tt robot

dvlferdz
11-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Has anybody attempted to make one of these? I'm a bit of a DIY man and would be interested to know if plans/designs of these could be had. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9X_vvFC03w

YosuaYosan
11-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Tomorrow I am submitting my team's table tennis machine (or robot) for a physics project, so currently I am working on the project :)

yurybarquero
11-09-2011, 08:49 PM
I am working on one as well. I will upload some video as soon as I finish..

dvlferdz
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Hello Pak Yosua/Senor Yury,

Do you have designs for your robots available? Please share! T'kasih! Gracias!

BR,
Ferdii

poltery
11-10-2011, 12:02 PM
hi sir ferdz are u planning to do 1 urself?????

dvlferdz
11-10-2011, 02:50 PM
hi sir ferdz are u planning to do 1 urself?????

Yup, Im a DIY guy and looking at the price of a robot with recyclable balls, remotely operated for sidespin, backspin, topspin, I would say it is worth the effort. I already have an idea based on the youtube videos posted by suzu.

Basically what is needed for a simple ball launcher (non-recyclable ball feeding) will be.

2-inch pvc pipes
Ball repository (plastic bin)
2 small DC motor (similar to RC car motors) - variable speed; for variable spin level and for variable feeding speed
DC motor speed controllers
Power source - thinking of making mine battery and external power operated

-- Now since I am still travelling, these materials are as yet tentative till I know the final items I can work with.

Saan ka nakatira Bro Poltery?

BR
Ferdii

poltery
11-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Yup, Im a DIY guy and looking at the price of a robot with recyclable balls, remotely operated for sidespin, backspin, topspin, I would say it is worth the effort. I already have an idea based on the youtube videos posted by suzu.

Basically what is needed for a simple ball launcher (non-recyclable ball feeding) will be.

2-inch pvc pipes
Ball repository (plastic bin)
2 small DC motor (similar to RC car motors) - variable speed; for variable spin level and for variable feeding speed
DC motor speed controllers
Power source - thinking of making mine battery and external power operated

-- Now since I am still travelling, these materials are as yet tentative till I know the final items I can work with.

Saan ka nakatira Bro Poltery?

BR
Ferdii

Very impressive idea sir Ferdz.
Btw i'm Renz Alcance from Pasay near la salle, playing at HPTTC .

YosuaYosan
11-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Sir dvlferds ! Yer talking in three languages ! Awesomeness !!
So here is some stuff that I use to make the bot :
- 1½' PVC
- L connectors
-12 v dynamo for the ball shooter
- A geared dynamo to push the ball from below
- Power supply / Battery

The total cost for the project is around Rp. 200.000,- for me, around 25$..
But since I can't explain very well now I think I will refer you to the video I am using for my bot's design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZgHcZWsC4k

And don't sir me Sir, I'm just a 17 year old boy ;)

Steven
11-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Sir dvlferds ! Yer talking in three languages ! Awesomeness !!
So here is some stuff that I use to make the bot :
- 1½' PVC
- L connectors
-12 v dynamo for the ball shooter
- A geared dynamo to push the ball from below
- Power supply / Battery

The total cost for the project is around Rp. 200.000,- for me, around 25$..
But since I can't explain very well now I think I will refer you to the video I am using for my bot's design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZgHcZWsC4k

And don't sir me Sir, I'm just a 17 year old boy ;)

I'm jealous. :p I like how you can easily move yours to the corner of the table, so that you can play a real BH-BH or FH-FH rally, unlike those wide robots that always shoot from the mid of the table.

dvlferdz
11-11-2011, 08:29 PM
@yosua: simple courtesy saja Mas, g apa2! :) i think you will finish bot first so till then good luck with your proj dude! And share vidz when your done, ya? Nuhun!

@poltery: my main concern would be procuring the right kind of motors for the use I have in mind for this project... Still around three wks before I can start on mine. I can hardly wait!
Btw, saan yung HPTTC? Any webpage?

YosuaYosan
11-11-2011, 11:14 PM
@yosua: simple courtesy saja Mas, g apa2! :) i think you will finish bot first so till then good luck with your proj dude! And share vidz when your done, ya? Nuhun!

@poltery: my main concern would be procuring the right kind of motors for the use I have in mind for this project... Still around three wks before I can start on mine. I can hardly wait!

LOL now you are talking sundanese XD
It is done sir, I think I just need to video it :)

poltery
11-12-2011, 07:21 AM

Hpttc is near La Salle Taft, behind BSP

YosuaYosan
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Dayum guys, my pusher is out of place, can't video it for a while now >: (

dvlferdz
12-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi here's my initial attempt making the feeder part first, already made launcher part but need some tweaking to install...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRHXDcZWUU&feature=youtube_gdata_player