Xiom Stradivarius rubber recomendatins

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Xiom Stradivarius rubber recommendations

So, subj. :)
Two words about me: I've been playing def game for couple of years and one day I've decided to change my game to offensive one. I've tried several all-wood blades (w-6, fuga, korbel) and finally got my clipper cr. So I've played last 7 month w/ clipper cr with Vega Europe on bh and Vega pro on fh, the I've changed to Vega japan on bh and 05 on fh, the was vega pro on fh. I really liked my 92g clipper, but I decided to try alc blade. So Xiom Stradivarius appeared. Now i use it w/ Vega pro and Vega japan, but I really do not understand do I love this setup or not. I enjoy ALC feel and lack of vibration so I need your advice about rubbers on xiom Stradivarius. Or something like "shut up and go back to clipper". :)
As for my playing style: two winged looper (bh is stronger then fh), feel myself good in 1m+ far from table. Not so good in short game.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Play more with the setup that u like.
I think sometimes we want create something special but table tennis is simply game which respect talent and hard work and quality training
I know a lot of pros that changes are important for more focus on game. I changed 20 blades last year and I sold 2 blades and I miss them. I Lost 6 months to find my OK equipment
If you need advise
2 rasanters R37 max
2 impuls powersponge max
Xiom omega iv pro and Asia
Max
Xiom vega pro on fh and bh.

Reactions: 5hark
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
For me; Stradivarius is very good and you should not think about “Shutup and go back to clipper”

Now, when it comes to selecting your special blade; it took me 14 different setups including wooden and composite ones where I finally kept Freitas ALC with MXP rubbers; because that suits my game.

For Stradivarius; you can go with
- Rasanter 37
- Aurus (old one)
- Vega Pro
- Rasant Grip
- Rakza 7

Depending on your level of play you should select the rubber thickness
As you’ve mentioned you were a defensive player, you should go with 2.0mm thickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5hark
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Thx guys. But I really do not understand how very soft rubbers like rasanter r37/rasant grip could be in the same advice post with vega pro. :)
I like vega pro on both fh and bh, but I'm not sure that it is a best setup for me.
As for omega 7, I've read your review yogi, impressive. But it's cost is almost equal to vega pro*2.
As for sponge thickness — I've always been using max sponge (except my one of the first def setup w/ marder 2 in 1.8mm thickness).

Thx guys. But I really do not understand how very soft rubbers like rasanter r37/rasant grip could be in the same advice post with vega pro. :)

Hi, 5hark.
This above is the most appropriate thought in the discussion, maybe.

About the blade - Stradivarius is a very good offensive one, but it is stiff and hard, so maybe some of your hasitation is not due to rubbers. Vega Pro and Omega Pro and Asia could be the best rubbers for this wood, provided it fits you.
But if you feel hasitation after some months, maybe Stradivarius is not exactly your fit.

Reactions: Khimmi and 5hark
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I've been playing stradivarius for just a week.
Tonight I've tried to swap sides (vega pro on bh and vega japan on fh). Now I think to order one more sheet of vega pro to try it on both fh and bh.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
After few month of playing with Tibhar Lebesson+2Vega Pros, I've decided to give one more chance to stradivarius. I had vega japan and akuda p2 on it last night...and the feeling was weird. No issue with vega japan on fh — nice loops, nice blocks. But my bh, my main weapon, was awful! So i decided to twiddle a blade, so vega japan was on my bh. Almost no changes for bh: blocking was more comfortable, flicks were fast and controllable, but almost flat hits instead of loops far from table.
At that moment I don't understand, is it rubber (which does not suite the blade), blade (which does not suit my playing style) or just my "overwhelming" technique? :)

PS: the root cause of trying again stradivarius was lack of power far from table and too high ark of my bh loop far from table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
How did you find the Lebesson? Only used mine for a few weeks. Was a good blade but funny head shape meant I couldn't swap rubbers with other blades so sold it on.
Lebesson is a great blade. Sure, head size is an issue when you need to put rubber from it to any other blade, especially clipper or other 159h blades. But as for me, lebesson lacks some power when you can't use your opponent's speed/spin. Also I use vega pros, so previously described issue may be solved by softer rubbers like vega europe or fx-p/s. But I did not tried softer rubbers...