This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Hello,
I was looking for a tacky rubber to use and I remembered about 999 series(not globe). I googled and read many reviews and read good things about it but I also found out that 999's 999 series won't be ittf approved anymore
d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2017/10/LARC_2017B.pdf
if you go to the last page, 999's super 999, 999t1 will be withdrawn, it says..

so what's a rubber that's as tacky or tackier than 999?
seems like hurricane 2 is tackier than hurricane 3?

which 729 is tackiest?
seems like battle 2, 729-08, focus-1 seem good. i

f you have any other suggestion, let me know..
budget is less than $25/20euro.

Thank you so much for reading.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
792 Battle 2 is the best tacky rubber currently in my opinion.

Also crazy tacky.

Reactions: suds79
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
The plastic balls don't stick for long to any tacky rubber and like any tacky rubber it deteriorates with humidity, heat and dirt, but it's the tackiest rubber I've seen, pretty consistently (across I guess like 8 sheets I went through already?).

But most of all it's just a really damn good rubber in pretty much every respect, if you like the traditional type hard, tacky rubbers. It's pretty fast for a hard tacky rubber too. It drives really well, which if you've been playing with tacky rubbers for a long time, will be very surprising and fun for you.. And... yeah. Good rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
have you ever used hurricane 2 or 3? if so, how are they compared to battle 2.

and i see that you have ak47 blue also. seems like people don't like to put tacky rubber on BH nowadays and on revspin many people said ak47 blue is good for back.. seems like it can give lots of spin even though it's not so tacky? how much spin can it give? I haven't used tensor rubbers or regular rubbers like markV and things like that so I'm not sure.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I've used H3 and H3neo.

I switched to Battle2 because battle2 is more modern. It is faster, it is great for drives, it is a lot more tacky (good for plastic ball) and is MUCH less prone to losing the tackiness because of humidity or dirt.
EDIT: Also more consistent. I'd often get a sheet of h3neo that lost tack, a sheet that adhered so strongly to the packing plastic covering that the topmost rubber layer came off (with red color) and other bizzarities.

Ak47 Blue that I use on backhand is because it fits my style specifically.. It's an extreme rubber. Ultra soft/light/fast.
You can get ridiculous spin with it, no worries. But it has other disadvantages. Yellow is more balanced but I prefer blue for specific reasons.

Last edited: