Kreanga vs Wang Liqin (Old School)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What a match this is! It's an oldschool match in the European Champions League. I don't want to give away who wins this match, so watch it and be in for a real treat! Im not to sure of the date when the match took place.

Some of the rallies are insane, especially the last rally! The crowd are also amazing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Hahaa, I have this match on a VHS, I will put it into computer as soon as I will get a TV card..
It was an awesome match, first match ever where I saw Kreanga!
Too bad its not whole match, you would hear the commentary, which is in my opinion the BEST commentary ever!
I mean the people not just this match, those commentators are simply best! :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hahaa, I have this match on a VHS, I will put it into computer as soon as I will get a TV card..
It was an awesome match, first match ever where I saw Kreanga!
Too bad its not whole match, you would hear the commentary, which is in my opinion the BEST commentary ever!
I mean the people not just this match, those commentators are simply best! :)

Commentators are amazing, I like the way Matthew Syed sounds shocked by some of Kreanga's backhands! Such an amazing match! So intense!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
And after this match also Ma Wenge defeated Wang Liqin..
And before this match Persson beat Ma Wenge in an epic match!!

I just embedded it now :)

I would love to see Persson beat Ma Wenge. The table tennis back then was so spontanous and amazing! The crowd are amazing to! So much passion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
ugh, i hate watching videos of WLQ losing.... hahaha

its OK in another year, he will start dominating.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
And after this match also Ma Wenge defeated Wang Liqin..
And before this match Persson beat Ma Wenge in an epic match!!

I just embedded it now :)

I would love to see Persson beat Ma Wenge. The table tennis back then was so spontanous and amazing! The crowd are amazing to! So much passion.

I took my phone and recorded a little from TV screen.. not much quality of picture, but .. its a little.. sneak peak view of Ma Wenge vs. Jorgen Persson..

Download it HERE and watch ;)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I took my phone and recorded a little from TV screen.. not much quality of picture, but .. its a little.. sneak peak view of Ma Wenge vs. Jorgen Persson..

Download it HERE and watch ;)

Awesone thanks Michal

Ill watch it later on my phone as that is high in MB :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Match has just downloaded on my phone now!

Wow! One of the best matches I have ever seen! Ma Wenge received all of Perssons backhand swat shots with ease! Also, Persson is so cool under pressure. Him and Waldner are the ice men!

Wish I was around back then to watch TT Live on Eurosport from League matches. Thats amazing! I would love to know the viewing figures back then on Eurosport for TT.

Also, I just noticed Persson had Caen on his back. I new Wang Liqin n Persson had played for Caen but was not to sure when. Caen is the club I played for in France! :).. To think those guys played for them is quite surreal!

Is this the year Caen won the European League?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
No I think Samsonov and his team won there..
Not sure if Samsonov played for Borussia Dusseldorf, or Royal Villette Charleroi ..
Maybe Caen won year before..
This is 1999 or 2000 or 2001 .. I am not sure, but I have it written somewhere..
In this match Damien Eloi was couching Persson btw :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
This was definitely at the beginning of Wang's Career. And it was the 38 mm ball as well. When they moved to the 40 it was really funny because his forehand became immediately that much stronger. With the gain in surface area he could still hit harder than everyone else, but they in return couldn't block his shots anymore. I really like these matches because it really shows Kreanga going for some great shots with that long arm technique which was easier in the 38 mm ball era. It's so much harder in comparison to lift the ball from someone else's speed and spin.