PDA

View Full Version : DHS National rubber authenticity?

Fabian7796
03-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Good evening TableTennisDaily community ;) ,

I bought myself a DHS Hurricane 3 National Blue Sponge rubber with 2.2mm and 40° on ebay (yeah, I know, probably my first mistake :D ).

Anyways, I'm kind of suspicious of the authenticity of the rubber. Don't get me wrong, I already know that there are many fake rubbers out there but with the recent increase of sold ''national blue sponge rubbers'' I thought, why not ;)

So I bought the National Version with the White Package and I was wondering if one of you knowledgeable guys could tell me, if the one I have may be ''legit'' of not. What has me thinking are two things:
1. The sponge smells :D And I really mean smell lol. It kind of smells like a fresh tire for a bicycle, if I may say so ;) Jokes aside: If I leave the rubber out for a couple of minutes, the whole room smells :D
2. The printing on the sponge is backwards. The rubber print faces normally and the print on the sponge is upside-down :D

I'm not sure if this means anything or not, but for your help I'd be thankful. :)

Kind regards

Fabian

belugma
03-02-2018, 10:30 PM
As far as I know DHS products have serial numbers which you can check on the dhs website wether they are real or not.

Here: http://www.dhs-sports.com/search.shtml

UpSideDownCarl
03-03-2018, 03:12 AM
If you actually want help, you kind of have to show some photos of it. Hard to tell without seeing it.

NextLevel
03-03-2018, 03:36 AM
Good evening TableTennisDaily community ;) ,

I bought myself a DHS Hurricane 3 National Blue Sponge rubber with 2.2mm and 40° on ebay (yeah, I know, probably my first mistake :D ).

Anyways, I'm kind of suspicious of the authenticity of the rubber. Don't get me wrong, I already know that there are many fake rubbers out there but with the recent increase of sold ''national blue sponge rubbers'' I thought, why not ;)

So I bought the National Version with the White Package and I was wondering if one of you knowledgeable guys could tell me, if the one I have may be ''legit'' of not. What has me thinking are two things:
1. The sponge smells :D And I really mean smell lol. It kind of smells like a fresh tire for a bicycle, if I may say so ;) Jokes aside: If I leave the rubber out for a couple of minutes, the whole room smells :D
2. The printing on the sponge is backwards. The rubber print faces normally and the print on the sponge is upside-down :D

I'm not sure if this means anything or not, but for your help I'd be thankful. :)

Kind regards

Fabian

Hold the rubber upside down.;) If you can still read it, then it can tell you what you need to know.:D Best wishes.:)

Tommy Lee
03-03-2018, 03:57 AM
Send some pictures so we can compare !

Fabian7796
03-03-2018, 11:15 AM

Good afternoon,

here are some photos :) Hope these help you guys :D

Kind regards

Fabian

zeio
03-03-2018, 11:59 AM
My condolences.

bobpuls
03-03-2018, 12:23 PM
If it smels like fresh tire of you bike, then it is fake. It has to smell different chemically-ish.

Fabian7796
03-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Well it definitely smells, I just can't put my finger on it. In a way it smells chemically-ish :D

Suga D
03-03-2018, 10:15 PM
My condolences.

Mine as well.
Just couldn't resist to chime in.

Good afternoon,

Kind regards

Fabian

Sorry to say, but your rubber looks a bit fishy to me. Could you take a close up pic from the sponge?

DHS put a little holographic sticker on the topsheet protection sheet on the right bottom edge containing an authentification code that you can check at DHS website. That sticker seems to be missing.

But it's not only that. Also the stamp on the sponge looks not right to me. I have an old white-package H3 (non-neo) and the stamp looks totally different. I'll try to take a photo in the next days and post it here.

Next time try to avoid eBay and rather buy from TT11 or ProTT

SFF_lib
03-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Sorry I am quite sure this is fake. I have bought provincial and national rubbers. The national H3 with white package is what I am using right now. I know exactly what it should look.

Passionate about TT

729B2zzzz
03-04-2018, 10:16 AM
yeah it looks fake the rubber is 2.2 not 2.1 and is lighter?

G_ZHANG
03-04-2018, 10:25 AM
100% fake......

Fabian7796
03-04-2018, 10:50 AM
:D :D :D

Just my luck I guess :D Well, nothing I can do about it :( I think I'll just stick with european rubbers :D That way I don't have to worry about potential fake rubbers and the hassle of boosting those rubbers :D

Thanks for all your guys help :)

Kind regards

Fabian

Giangt
03-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Yeah og is fake buddy... sorry. If you buying next time then post pics b4 purchasing.

jawien
03-04-2018, 12:46 PM
:D :D :D

Just my luck I guess :D Well, nothing I can do about it :( I think I'll just stick with european rubbers :D That way I don't have to worry about potential fake rubbers and the hassle of boosting those rubbers :D
Fabian

No no, I would say you should still buy this national version, just go to well established distributors like Suga mentioned (TT11 or ProTT).

My friend i.e. bought Tenergy 05 somewhere online and is was fake too.

Astorix
03-04-2018, 12:54 PM
You could still try to forget you wanted that national version H3 and try this whatever rubber it is, maybe boost it, and judge it only by it's performance.
it might not be a 'real' national H3 but it could still be a good rubber.

UpSideDownCarl
03-04-2018, 01:02 PM
You could still try to forget you wanted that national version H3 and try this whatever rubber it is, maybe boost it, and judge it only by it's performance.
it might not be a 'real' national H3 but it could still be a good rubber.

I agree. It might not be real H3 National. But you can't tell if it plays decently without playing. You really have nothing to lose. You already have the rubber and have paid for it. You might as well boost it and at least give it a try.

But, with any TT equipment, if you see a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Especially if it is from an unknown seller.

Fabian7796
03-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Well I guess you guys are right :D But I'm not willing to pay a huge sum for a booster, to use it on a fake rubber :D Does anyone of you guys know a cheap alternative? Might as well experiment with the rubber, giving the fact that I have nothing to lose :D I heard that you can use baby oil e.g.?

UpSideDownCarl
03-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Funny, Haifu and DianChi seem a bit expensive. But Falco seems pretty inexpensive. And my memory is that Kailin seems pretty reasonable too.

Of course it is a choice and you could see what happens if you try to return the rubber and get your money back.
Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Astorix
03-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Im no expert for boosters. I know the brand Falco makes a good booster. Not the best in terms of performance but maybe the best in terms of price to performance ratio. That bottle should last a very long time.

alternatively or in combination latex based glue like nittaku fine zip, revolution no.3, DHS no.15, Stiga attach power glue can increase the elasticity and the rubber performance by using several layers depending on the viscosity

yuri.saldon
03-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Haifu seamoon from prott it's really cheap, I think 14 usd plus shipment

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Giangt
03-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Haifu seamoon is the cheapest among Dianchi and Kalin unless you are buying the seamoon version which is produced in the lab of the Goon Squad.
Other rubber alternatives could be Yinhe Big Dipper, Haifu whale, Dianchi D (should play like a boosted NEO version), Nittaku Hurricane 3...

UpSideDownCarl
03-04-2018, 08:43 PM
I guess my info is dated. At one point SeaMoon Booster was expensive. I guess it is not anymore.

Lightzy
03-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Even if it were authentic it's not worth the money

Suga D
11-18-2018, 09:52 AM
I guess this lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Anyways....

I guess my info is dated. At one point SeaMoon Booster was expensive. I guess it is not anymore.

No worries. I also remember that the price used to be much higher than nowadays. I guess after the haifu black oil was introduced to the markets the interest for the seamoon has decreased big time.

Eric_Wan
01-24-2020, 02:26 AM

Good afternoon,

Kind regards

Fabian
Instant fake, the serial code is in the wrong font. I might be wrong though, prob want more opinions

Eric_Wan
01-24-2020, 02:27 AM
Mine as well.
Just couldn't resist to chime in.

Sorry to say, but your rubber looks a bit fishy to me. Could you take a close up pic from the sponge?

DHS put a little holographic sticker on the topsheet protection sheet on the right bottom edge containing an authentification code that you can check at DHS website. That sticker seems to be missing.

But it's not only that. Also the stamp on the sponge looks not right to me. I have an old white-package H3 (non-neo) and the stamp looks totally different. I'll try to take a photo in the next days and post it here.

Next time try to avoid eBay and rather buy from TT11 or ProTT
Serial code font seems wrong too, right?

Mohamed
01-24-2020, 04:57 AM
Is table tennis 11 guaranteed source for original DHS products?

Der_Echte
01-24-2020, 05:41 AM
Send out the GOON SQUAD on those jokers !!!