Zhou Yu: Bluefire on backhand?

This user has no status.
40019635124_fa4a6d2526_o.jpg He has a blue sponge rubber on his backhand, the colour of the sponge seems the bluefire one

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
The colors seem exactly like a bluefire (xame blue sponge, same red topsheeet. The coloring of the picture is quite realistic). I haven't seen a sheet of bluestorm, so I don't know about it, however it might have a thinner topsheet like rasanter (I mean it should look thinner in the picture too)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
The colors seem exactly like a bluefire (xame blue sponge, same red topsheeet. The coloring of the picture is quite realistic). I haven't seen a sheet of bluestorm, so I don't know about it, however it might have a thinner topsheet like rasanter (I mean it should look thinner in the picture too)

I have a bluefire, so yes, the colors seem right, can't judge anything about the thickness of the topsheet from this picture though...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
If H3 on BH does not make any sense, why did he play with black H3 blue sponge on his backhand then. From matches that I have seen, it was visible that he used same rubbers as Ma Long, H3 both sides. Then, his racket was turned around, which make sense that he turned it on training and just said to himself "I like it". Why would he move his hard tacky H3 on BH and replace it with Tenergy on FH, not just take black 05. It makes IMHO less sense, then turning around racket to softer, yer still tacky rubber. From the picture I can see white creamy sponge, anyway, the quality is not good, therefore it is not 100% evidence.
That's interesting. Do you remember in which matches did he use H3 on both sides? Anyway, the reason might be that he used Bluestorm/Bluefire on his BH, but he found black Donic rubbers better, so instead he choose an orange sponge H3 on FH. On the photo you posted, I can see an orange sponge on his FH, the white creamy color is his blade, then we cannot really see the color of his BH rubber's sponge. I though about Tenergy because ZJK also switched Tenergy around this time and Zhou Yu might have given a try to it as well. Many Japanese and European player prefers red Tenergy on the FH side, maybe ZY too. However I have no evidence, one thing is sure: no player used blue sponged H3 on his BH so far. UPDATE: after watching his matches in 1080p (still crappy quality) it's seems he uses blue sponged rubber.

Reactions: BeGo