Tacky rubber just because :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Not here to find something to improve my game. Conversely, I think this will set me back temporarily, but I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at (~1600 USATT). I play with Vega Pro on both wings on an Offensive S.

That said, I just want to try it out.... the tacky stuff that is. I have a spare offensive S. Looking into some flavor of h3/h8, or maybe battle 2? not sure what else is out there. maybe the 999t from coles? let me know your thoughts! :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Well, I am also in the same situation. Would like to try it out of curiosity :)
I am playing with H3neo, which is considered somewhat tacky but is nowhere near a really tacky rubber like H3. I had a brief encounter with H3 and could lift the ball upwards when I pressed the rubber into it. It was really impressive. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to play with it. Also H3 is very cheap.

Reactions: Suga D
By Offensive S you mean Xiom Offensive S blade?
Generally its designed for an europian style and Vega Pro is a good fit.
If you pair it with chinese tacky rubbers you may feel a sudden lack of speed and you'll have to rearrange your techniques to make it work, despite the need of boosting to compensate speed. Changing to a faster blade may be under consideration too.
But if you really want to step to a chinese style, I would recomend you first to try Vega Asia - with it you can play euro style with success, but utilizing chinese full stroke moves will reveale its full capabilities. And the same with Omega V Asia, but its a lot harder and faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
By Offensive S you mean Xiom Offensive S blade?
Generally its designed for an europian style and Vega Pro is a good fit.
If you pair it with chinese tacky rubbers you may feel a sudden lack of speed and you'll have to rearrange your techniques to make it work, despite the need of boosting to compensate speed. Changing to a faster blade may be under consideration too.
But if you really want to step to a chinese style, I would recomend you first to try Vega Asia - with it you can play euro style with success, but utilizing chinese full stroke moves will reveale its full capabilities. And the same with Omega V Asia, but its a lot harder and faster.

Aw man.
F291ccac95eec1942535475f65909a52_-i-should-laugh-or-facepalm-facepalm-meme_604-453.jpg

Reactions: vvk1
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Get a rubber called "792 Battle II". It's a more modern (And overall better) version of the traditional chinese tacky rubber.

That said, coming off of such an easy rubber as the Vega Pro, you might have some problems to begin with. Especially with consistency of shot, because these chinese rubbers are a LOT more linear than what you might be used to, so one shot might be too weak, another a bit too powerful etc. Possibly lots of net balls and ball out the table

This user has no status.
depends on what you like, my favorite value for money is the blue sponge globe 999, very controlled and amazing spin, one of the better tacky rubbers for extended rallies, H3 topsheet varients i found all were great at producing winners but much more difficult to use in an extended rally, the battle series I never was a fan of but seems to be all the rage so will not comment as it will not be a fair reflection of the rubbers performance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Get a rubber called "792 Battle II".

Good luck finding Battle 2. I contacted Zeropong to find out whey they don't carry it anymore and they told me that they were having some serious quality control issues with Battle 2 so they don't carry it anymore. Megaspin doesn't carry it anymore. It's virtually gone.

To the OP,

I don't know your blade or how it is. Rubber/blade paring is important. For example I have a clipper which is all wood and no flex. It's a great short pip blade but I hate it for inverted. If I do play inverted on it, it has to be butter soft to mimic more flex & spin.

Conversely, I'm not playing with a Gambler Fire Dragon Touch which is a very flexy blade. Hence, I tend to like Chinese rubbers that are more firm on it for power and while I had tested it with softer rubbers also, I prefer a firm as the setup for the necessary speed.

That being said, I've tried 999t from coles. The topsheet that is. It's okay. Relatively tacky but nothing massive.

If you want the king of tack, IMO you stay in the Hurricane family and choose something from there.

H350 is actually that tacky topsheet on a soft euro like sponge. Maybe you'd like that. IDK. Just depends if it's fast enough for you. Otherwise, choose H3 or H3 Neo, Skyline, you figure out which you like best.

Gambler makes a couple of solid options.
Gamber Wrath - Pretty tacky on a soft to medium sponge.
Gambler Burst on their Thor's Hammer sponge - Pretty tacky on a firm sponge.

I've recently tuned my Gambler Burst just for kicks with Falco Tempo Booster and honestly I couldn't tell much of a difference at all... Starting to think boosting is a little overrated so I don't know if you dive into Chinese you'd have to also get into boosting. Just try the rubbers first to see if you like them.

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
You get battle2 from aliexpress with shipping being free and not once did i get a bad sheet across 10 so dont worry :)

How do people still shop at these mega expensive shops I dunno. Aliexpress is where you should be getting chinese stuff :)

Anyway I wrote a review of battle2, its here somewherr

Last edited:
Reactions: James Livesey
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
2 years ago I tried and till now I play with the Palio Hadou 40+ 2.2mm 40-42º, if only it's was 2.1mm so I could boost, It would be the best rubber erver.

The only rubber close to it, was Tibhar Grip-S, but they dont make it anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
hey guys, thanks for the input. a few comments/questions...

1. B2 seems like a popular rubber. Will look into it more. How tacky is it?

2. yogi, i've never boosted rubbers before. is there a tuned version of the t88 i can look into?

3. offensive s is kinda like a middle of the road blade. not hard but not soft either. there's a little bit of flex, but you generally won't get it without some effort. I probably should lean towards medium/hard rubbers, as soft with this blade might just come off really mushy.

so the recommendations seem pretty diverse. for now, i will narrow down the list to 999, b2, t88 and h3 neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
1. B2 seems like a popular rubber. Will look into it more. How tacky is it?

My buddy who had it. I was able to check it out for a few minutes. Crazy tacky. As much a H3. Battle 2 is on a pretty firm sponge.

Litzy,

For sure you can get stuff cheaper if you order from China. I Mainly use ttnpp if I'm willing to wait 3 weeks. Otherwise, I like to support local as zeropong is based in SC here in the states and I need something quicker. And they're pretty good on prices also. So it just depends on which I order from.

To the OP, I'd probably first go H3 Neo. I once got a year old sheet of that from a buddy and it was still more tacky than most new sheets i've come across. I see why it's so popular.. Battle 2 could be a solid option also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Think I won't curse, I'll break down and say... ;)

(sorry, I can't comment on tacky rubbers - remove the post if you have to, this was just tempting)

I find sock puppet like posts quite annoying no matter what brand they advertise and sometimes things just get too obvious.

If someone asks for a recommendation for a tacky rubber one of the last rubbers that would come to my mind would be Vega Asia. Maybe Vega China or Tau from the same brand would fit better instead but H3neo would be my very first choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
for now, i will narrow down the list to 999, b2, t88 and h3 neo.

If you want to try how it feels playing with a tacky rubber, I'd say go with H3, not H3neo. I use H3neo, so as I mentioned it's somewhat tacky, I can lift a sheet of paper with it, but it's nowhere tacky compared to H3 with which I could lift the ball (but never played with it).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Alright, I will pick between 999t or H3 or H3 Neo. The choices are based on your input and my access to these rubbers. I rather not order from overseas either. Plus it's nice to order from Cole, Megaspin or Zeropong... except when I want steep discounts on $100 orders from tt11 :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Alright, I will pick between 999t or H3 or H3 Neo. The choices are based on your input and my access to these rubbers. I rather not order from overseas either. Plus it's nice to order from Cole, Megaspin or Zeropong... except when I want steep discounts on $100 orders from tt11 :D

Anyway, when you'll buy and try the rubber, let us know how did it go. As I mentioned I was thinking doing the same thing. So I am very interested in your impressions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

Cole & Zeropong will ship out the rubbers for a dollar. Last I remembered from Megaspin, it's 5.99 which to me just doesn't make them competitive given the rubbers are the same price. Only reason to order rubbers from them is if you're wanting more expensive euro tuned stuff that Coles or zeropong don't carry.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
well, I do need a sheet for the BH. I was thinking I might as well get another sheet of vega pro for the BH if i go with megaspin. this will put me at the free shipping tier should I choose H3/Neo. but yea... zp/cole's $1 shipping is pretty nice!! if I go with them... maybe I just re-glue my current vega pro to the H3 bat, but that would leave me with only 1 usable bat. maybe i get try a new BH rubber as well if i order from cole/zp :D