Struggle with choosing the correct material

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I start playing again a couple of years ago. Started with safe rubbers. After 2 years my game was improving a lot and i decided to go for more expensive rubbers and I bought Andro Rasant Grip on both BH and FH.

Now again 1 year further I improved a lot. I'm playing 3 evenings a week, mutiple hours.

My playing style:
Really steady game, good backhand offensive, good serve, can bring a lot of balls back on the table from tight situations. When the game is an open rally, I really manage to play well at high pace. Everybody is coaching me to be more offensive, because i can do this, but I have big time problems with attacking on backspin balls. With BH this is more easy, but still difficult. I like my Andro rasant grip rubbers, but with the new Rasanter I really think it is difficult to choose, because of the many options (R42 V42 R47 V47 ect). I also hear a lot of people really positive about Butterfly tenergy.

I'm hoping to improve my attacking game on backspin.

I checked many reviews, but still am unsure which butterfly rubbers (or maybe other type of rubbers is even better) to pick. I also want to change my alround blade to a more offensive type of blade. I think Butterfly Rozena could be a good choise because i'm reading it is forgiving in attacking on backspin balls. But i'm doubting to maybe go for Tenergy 15 or 80 on FH, to give my game a little bit more power. Are there big differences in the Tenergy FX variants? What is a good blade to pick?

Really hope that people can give me some advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
FX usually means softer sponge.
R42 or other should work well.
When you read some rubber is forgiving it usually means the angle the ball does when leaving the bat is higher, making it easier to attack backspin balls over the net.
If you are having more dificult times lifting backspin with forehand than with backhand it's either the rubber on the forehand that has lost it's spin or your technique is wrong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
FX usually means softer sponge.
In Butterfly terms it always does, the FX version is the soft variant of any given rubber.

R42 ... should work well.
I agree. It is not too far away from your Rasant Grip, which is going out of production anyway. V42 should be even closer to the feeling of Rasant Grip.

When you read some rubber is forgiving it usually means the angle the ball does when leaving the bat is higher, making it easier to attack backspin balls over the net.
Mostly it refers to softer, more easily playable rubbers, because harder rubbers demand better timing and more exact strokes.

My recommendation: Go for R42 on one side and V42 on the other, see what you like better, and if you still want to Change your blade later you can. But I would keep one constant for now.