Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys!

In this review we are joined alongside the incredible World Number 15 Hugo Calderano to review his latest personal blades with Cornilleau! The Hugo Calderano Foco blades which come in OFF- and OFF+ variations. They are both fully constructed out of wood. We recorded the video in the Ochsenhausen training facility where Hugo trains and plays for in the Bundesliga with players such as Simon Gauzy, Can Akkuzu, Sam Walker and more!

It was really exciting to take on Hugo with his own blade, the Brazilian star is sending shock waves across world right now, recently reaching the final of the Qatar Open defeating wonderkid Harimoto, China’s Lin Gaoyuan and current world number 1 Timo Boll.

Written in-depth review of the Hugo Calderano Foco blades in the TTD Review Centre here.

Have you, or do you use this blade? Any questions, leave below guys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Super excited , first thing on my watchlist today evening .. however the review center is yet to be updated Dan , does not show the write up yet ...
Hey guys!

In this review we are joined alongside the incredible World Number 15 Hugo Calderano to review his latest personal blades with Cornilleau! The Hugo Calderano Foco blades which come in OFF- and OFF+ variations. They are both fully constructed out of wood. We recorded the video in the Ochsenhausen training facility where Hugo trains and plays for in the Bundesliga with players such as Simon Gauzy, Can Akkuzu, Sam Walker and more!

It was really exciting to take on Hugo with his own blade, the Brazilian star is sending shock waves across world right now, recently reaching the final of the Qatar Open defeating wonderkid Harimoto, China’s Lin Gaoyuan and current world number 1 Timo Boll.

Written in-depth review of the Hugo Calderano Foco blades in the TTD Review Centre here.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Super excited , first thing on my watchlist today evening .. however the review center is yet to be updated Dan , does not show the write up yet ...

Dan delayed the review until Hugo beat Lin, Tomokazu, and Boll... perfect timing....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey guys!

I think the question is: will we see Dan attack at the next England National Championships after practicing with all these world class level top pros and disguising it as "equipment-reviews'.
(Ha! Can't fool us, mate.)
Will the world see a comeback of 'Dan the man'?
[Emoji2]

On a more serious note, good job. This could only be topped if the next review is with Ma Long and his blade and Ian Marshall, Richie Prause and Adam Bobrow commenting altogether.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
is Hugo was using his regular racket or he was using Foco?

Hes using the Foco in the review as I tried his and checked it out. We also rotated a lot using the OFF- to test it out.

Those backhands are no joke...

Haha there ridiculous!

Awesome ttmonster! Hope you enjoyed yourself. I updated the review center just now thanks for the reminder. Got submerged by all the youtube bits and bobs :D

Dan delayed the review until Hugo beat Lin, Tomokazu, and Boll... perfect timing....

Hahaha! Pretty crazy timing, Hugo was aware of the release and new he needed to perform in Qatar ;)

I think the question is: will we see Dan attack at the next England National Championships after practicing with all these world class level top pros and disguising it as "equipment-reviews'.
[Emoji2]

On a more serious note, good job. This could only be topped if the next review is with Ma Long and his blade and Ian Marshall, Richie Prause and Adam Bobrow commenting altogether.

Hey Suga, haha that's it, its a clever tactic so I can get all this world class training :D I would love to make a comeback but my back simply wouldn't hold up. I played a few games here and there recently but that's as far as I can go really. Hopefully in the future :)

Thank you! Now that would be awesome hahaha!

Those backhands are so fast! Does Tenergy hit the ball as hard as that?

Good question. I think the pros using Tenergy in reviews such as the Boll or Freitas review, they are going for more spin and purchase in their shots. Whereas Hugo is unleashing a lot more power and forward momentum through the ball.

Is it already for sale? Can't find it anywhere in The Netherlands...

I believe so yes. You could try a local distributor nearby and see if they will ship to the Netherlands.

He doesn't use the blade in the review. He uses the Absolum OFF+

Hi mlax, Hugo used the OFF+ and OFF- throughout the review.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Or Fzd and his blade :D

[Emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Is he the youngest player to get his own blade ? Also you played against both FZD and Hugo , how would you compare the ball quality ?

Hes using the Foco in the review as I tried his and checked it out. We also rotated a lot using the OFF- to test it out.

Haha there ridiculous!

Awesome ttmonster! Hope you enjoyed yourself. I updated the review center just now thanks for the reminder. Got submerged by all the youtube bits and bobs :D

Hahaha! Pretty crazy timing, Hugo was aware of the release and new he needed to perform in Qatar ;)

Hey Suga, haha that's it, its a clever tactic so I can get all this world class training :D I would love to make a comeback but my back simply wouldn't hold up. I played a few games here and there recently but that's as far as I can go really. Hopefully in the future :)

Thank you! Now that would be awesome hahaha!

Good question. I think the pros using Tenergy in reviews such as the Boll or Freitas review, they are going for more spin and purchase in their shots. Whereas Hugo is unleashing a lot more power and forward momentum through the ball.

I believe so yes. You could try a local distributor nearby and see if they will ship to the Netherlands.

Hi mlax, Hugo used the OFF+ and OFF- throughout the review.

Reactions: matzreenzi