The Making of Nittaku Premium 40+ Ball

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
First ever footage of the manufacturing process for Nittaku Premium 40+ at Nittaku's new plant in Koga, Ibaraki. There is also some footage of the CNC milling machine used for making their blades. Last but not least, we have Sayaka Hirano pitted against the Nittaku's table tennis robot.

So is that the ultrasonic welding? The plant is run by electricity generated from the solar panels and they use rain water to wash the balls.

https://youtu.be/iK76uKQ50Ig

Jan 2018
I just want to say thanks so much for translating all these videos for the TT community, they're really helpful.
Thanks! As always, like, comment, share and subscribe!

Reactions: Suga D
Jan 2018
They used to be Butterfly-esque in blade-making in the 90s. The Woodhouse-made Nittaku P500 and P700 were highly-prized models. The instrument series as you see in the video, while unique and high-quality, did not really capture the mass market due to the premium price tag. Nonetheless, the series does have a cult following.

In rubbers, the ESN-made G1 and Moristo SP are the bestsellers in domestic market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Really interesting. The ball weld especially.

Also, what drugs do Japanese TV presenters take to be so enthusiastic and where can I get some?