Need some new shoes, need advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Hi, i have been looking at buying a new pair of trainers. I need a pair that is comfortable, good grip and quite durable. I have had already gone through 2 pairs in several months as i practice regularly. i have seen 4 pairs: Stiga instinct 2, Butterfly Lezoline Trynex, Stiga Agility and Stiga Liner. i personally prefer butterfly or Stiga, please can i have some advice over which one to buy they are all very similar price so I'm not worried about the cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
they are much more expensive than the ones I listed, out of the ones I have listed which would u recommend?

Shoes are such a personal preference thing, I don't think I could ever buy a pair of shoes just on someone's word. Have to be there in person. Try them on. Test the fit. Test the grip. etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I *think* you should consider shoes other than the ones from famous TT brands. Neither Stiga nor Butterfly are shoe companies, so they are made by someone like Asics or Mizuno anyway, and in my experience are frequently overpriced for what you get.

Have a look at any indoor sport shoe with non-marking sole: volleyball (my 1st choice), squash, badminton, soccer/futsal, handball etc. They tend to be cheaper and better made. TT shoes by Mizuno are an exception, IMHO, since Mizuno IS a shoe company, but they are priced to reflect that too, as you are discovering.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Shoes are such a personal preference thing, I don't think I could ever buy a pair of shoes just on someone's word. Have to be there in person. Try them on. Test the fit. Test the grip. etc.
I want to buy them online as there are no stores near me so I was asking the question coz people may already have the pairs that are listed so they can give a review for them as I cant find any reviews online

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I was just asking if any1 who has those listed in my original post can give a review on them as those are the ones I am interested in

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I want to buy them online as there are no stores near me so I was asking the question coz people may already have the pairs that are listed so they can give a review for them as I cant find any reviews online

SMH. Okay. Hope someone is able to help you out.

+1000 to ronz91 & pgpg's posts.

Don't forget to get your butterfly polo & shorts. Have to look the part right? ;)

This user has no status.
I currently have the Butterfly Lezoline Lazer.
I know it's not the model you are asking for, but at least I can confirm the great quality of the BTY shoes.
Lightweight, grippy, soft and super comfortable.

I also have the Mizuno Wave Twister 4, but I prefer the BTY.
Strongly suggested.
Also the price is good, 65 to 70€. Not that much.

Reactions: samkershner
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I currently have the Butterfly Lezoline Lazer.
I know it's not the model you are asking for, but at least I can confirm the great quality of the BTY shoes.
Lightweight, grippy, soft and super comfortable.

I also have the Mizuno Wave Twister 4, but I prefer the BTY.
Strongly suggested.
Also the price is good, 65 to 70€. Not that much.
they sound really good but there are no stores that have them in size uk 8 so I'm bit stuck

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Hi, i have been looking at buying a new pair of trainers. I need a pair that is comfortable, good grip and quite durable. I have had already gone through 2 pairs in several months as i practice regularly. i have seen 4 pairs: Stiga instinct 2, Butterfly Lezoline Trynex, Stiga Agility and Stiga Liner. i personally prefer butterfly or Stiga, please can i have some advice over which one to buy they are all very similar price so I'm not worried about the cost.

Mizuno Wave Drive are brilliant if you have the money (and if you play on a decent floor. ) If you want cheap and durable, try Hi-Tec squash shoes - comfortable, good grip and built to last, cost around 30GBP and are very popular where I play. They're not light though.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I bought the ASICS Gel Blade 5 from Amazon. They are decent. Actually, I found that the basic ASICS gel model (the barebone one) had better cushioning than the Gel Blade 5. However, I think that after few sessions my feet have adjusted to the shoe. So no complaints. But please bear in mind that these are indoor volleyball shoes. Having said that, I have no complaints wearing them on mat flooring.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
My sincere advice is to have at least 2 pairs of shoes in regular rotation. They last much longer if allowed to recover between uses. I have 3 pairs, Stiga, Asics and Li-Ning, all bought for about £30/pair. All look like new after 18 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
My sincere advice is to have at least 2 pairs of shoes in regular rotation. They last much longer if allowed to recover between uses. I have 3 pairs, Stiga, Asics and Li-Ning, all bought for about £30/pair. All look like new after 18 months.
which stiga pair do u have