Yinhe Venus 3 and Yinhe Earth 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I can translate Yinhe Earth 2 review from russian for you:

YINHE Earth II Soft - this is the rubber for offensive and allaround play. It’s more similar to European tensor type rubbers, it has soft feeling and light weight.
It is more suited for controlled attack and holding the ball at the table, and powerful no spin attack. It’s good for looping, smashing, block and a short game. Topsping is good but not outstanding.
Tensor effect is different compared to German rubbers, in a short and passive game it’s more linear. Catapulting the ball only when you play active.
It’s good at learning technique for attacking and allaround players. As a Mars II it’s one of the best inexpensive rubbers at the market.
Compared to Medium it has more soft feeling, lighter and better suited for smashing.

YINHE Earth II Medium - this is the rubber for offensive and allaround-offensive play. It’s more similar to European tensor type rubbers, it has medium hardness and medium weight.
In contrast to Soft version it deserves 5+++ grade at topspin (Taking in account it’s price compared to Tenergy 05, keep in mind the price difference). Topsheet is more grippy and spinny compared to soft version. Since it has medium hardness, it’s good at all type of topspins, not only one. Smashing is still good and controllable.
Tensor effect is different compared to German rubbers, in a short and passive game it’s more linear. Catapulting the ball only when you play active.
It’s good at learning technique for attacking and allaround players. As a Mars II it’s one of the best inexpensive rubbers at the market.
Compared to Soft version it has more hard feeling, weighs more, has more grippy and spinny topsheet, and more suited for topspin type of the game. In contrast to Soft version it can satisfy more aggressive, higher level players.

YINHE Earth II HARD - is similar to Medium but is more powerfull, can provide even more powerfull topspin and has a harder feeling. Is is quite similar to medium in feeling and other properties.

I have tryed only medium version it's more grippy than tacky, and i would say, has hardness about 36 degree using DHS scale (44-46 ESN Scale)

P.S. Will give Venus translation later, lack of time now.

Last edited:
Reactions: dreto and JST
Thanks for this Leon, really appreciate you taking the time and effort to translate the Russian version (Google isn't the best, although it is very funny sometimes)... To be honest I forgot totally about this post :rolleyes:

I found a review of Venus 3 on mytabletennis.net and on http://https://www.ttequipment.co.uk/product/yinhe-venus-3-rubber/

I have purchased Earth 2 from the above supplier and I am having to make only minor adjustments from my aurus sound for me to be able to use it. It's good in that I have a similar rubber but for less than half the cost :cool:

So far it's not giving me much extra spin using the same technique (which was expected if I'm completely honest with myself) so I'm getting ready to give the Venus 3 a shot in the next few weeks :)