Best Blade for each type of Playing?

Palio TNT - best blocker and a smashing monster, but can't do anything else, great sweet spot, but difficult to control
Palio V1 - best looper at mid distance and highest speed at long distance, easy to control, but with small sweet spot
Butterfly Timo boll Off- -best control, mediocre in anything else
Xiom Vega Tour - can do everything at any distance, best feeling, near to best, but, not excellent, in everything

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What is the best stiga blade and which rubber would you par it with?

21kangc1, I am moving this question of yours to this thread. People can answer the question I posted here. The question from your other thread is very similar to the question in this thread. So, in this thread, people can answer both questions.

The other thread will no longer be active.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
All these information are from reading threads online. I have not tried enough blades and I don't feel like it matters that much but basically this is what has been suggested again and again

Looping: Any thin 5 ply with Limba outer.

Blocking: Stiff, stable, 7 ply with harder outer
Pair this with soft rubber for control.

Offensive: Relatively fast blades with acrylate carbon has been popular
Examples are Viscaria, Hurricane Long 5, Timbo Boll ALC, Fang Bo Carbon

Best Control: Mostly all-round blade like Stiga Allround classic, Yasaka Sweden Extra, Donic Appelgren allplay

Best Carbon: Acrylate Carbon has been popular. See best offensive.

Best Speed: 1 ply hinoki, 3ply with two carbon(Gergely etc.), Nexy Akrasia

All wood: Korbel, PG7, Violin, Stratus Power wood, Clipper, Primorac, Malin Extra Offensive, Acoustic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Xiom Vega Tour - can do everything at any distance, best feeling, near to best, but, not excellent, in everything

Quite accurate description !
Sorry for the OFF-TOPIC,
I'm very curious for your thoughts about the FEEL ZX3 if you ever give it a chance.
Although not for the majority of players ... (BTW do you know any professional who uses hinoki?)

ZX3 gives a viciously nonlinear hinoki lovely feeling with max spin, more than enough speed & surprisingly very good control.
Probably is the first carbon blade with real hinoki feeling. For me, is a work of art. A big smile in my face from the first minute, even when tested with dead 2 year used rubbers.
Amazingly unique.
But again ... Not for everyone.

Xiom Vega Tour - can do everything at any distance, best feeling, near to best, but, not excellent, in everything/QUOTE]
Quite accurate description !
Sorry for the OFF-TOPIC,
I'm very curious for your thoughts about the FEEL ZX3 if you ever give it a chance.
Although not for the majority of players ... (BTW do you know any professional who uses hinoki?)

ZX3 gives a viciously nonlinear hinoki lovely feeling with max spin, more than enough speed & surprisingly very good control.
Probably is the first carbon blade with real hinoki feeling. For me, is a work of art. A big smile in my face from the first minute, even when tested with dead 2 year used rubbers.
Amazingly unique.
But again ... Not for everyone.

No, I still have not got the chance to try ZXIII.
But looking at the structure it is absolutely the same as Vega Tour.
Generally it should play the same way, and any differences may be due to different material quality and different factory producer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
from my experience for the johnny huang, teng yi , mattias karlsson style is the cliper cr and yasaka extra special or malin extra special are very good. im curious in trying some innerforce blade with short pips. i know that mattias play with malin soft carbon but i tried and is to flexible for my taste, maybe is using some modifications on the blade like putting some Polyurethane layers or someting else... i realy dont know[h=1][/h]

This user has no status.
Play StyleBladeRubberPips
AllrounderAndro Temper Tech OFF-Donic Bluefire JP 03
Non BlockerButterfly Zhang JikeDHS Tin Arc 3 TSP Spectol
Non ChopperXiom Vega EuroXiom Omega V Europe Giant Dragon Meteorite
Non DriverJOOLA LegendKTL (LKT) Red Diamond (Golden Cake Sponge)
Non LooperAndro Treiber KPalio CJ8000 Biotech 36-38° TSP Curl P-4 Chop
Blocker ChopperDonic Defplay SensoGambler Reflectoid Galaxy Neptune
Blocker DriverYasaka Dynamix 17Yasaka Pryde 30 CTT National Pogo
Blocker LooperDonic Waldner Dotec CarbonGiant Dragon Superveloce V12 FX Donic Akkadi L2
Chopper DriverAndro Temper Tech ALL+Nittaku Fastarc P-1
Chopper LooperPalio CATDHS Skyline TG3 Dr. Neubauer Leopard
Driver LooperAndro Treiber ZGewo Flexxon Friendship/729 LEGEND 105
BlockerHallmark AuroraJOOLA Timeless (Anti-spin) SpinLord Zeitgeist
ChopperButterfly Defence AlphaDawei Sprungfeder G3 A2 Friendship/729 Dr. Evil
DriverStiga CC7Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta Dr. Neubauer SUPER BLOCK
LooperNittaku MiyabiPalio Wildish Dragon JOOLA Express Ultra

I create this cheat sheet a year ago, based on stroke majority. ;)

It is better to focus on just one blade first. Having too many choices will make you confused. Stick to one set up first and practice. When you develop your skills and feel of the ball that is the time you choose better equipment.

This user has no status.
What is the best blade in each category? like For Looping, Blockers, Offensive Player, Best Control, Best Speed, Carbon, All Wood? I am an offensive type of player would be awesome to find the best blade for me!!

The Stiga Clipper Wood is good for speed
The Butterfly Petr Korbel and Boll Allround are good for looping
The Donic Waldner Offensive is great for control