PDA

View Full Version : ITTF - TTD Stream + Chat

Dan
11-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Okay!

The biggest request TTD has received is finally here!

The TableTennisDaily experience has increased dramatically today! Users are now able to watch the ITTF Live Streaming from Pro Tours and other global table tennis events right here. Click HERE (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php) to check out the live streaming and chat!

Be sure to log in when events are on as only logged in members can use the chat feature! The chat feature is an amazing piece which allows users to get involved and discuss the match as its being played

Hope you all like it

Please leave your comments below if your Live Streaming is viewed like this, with Ma Long and Xu Xin on either side of the stream :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/streamttd.jpg

We have even included the awesome pictures of Ma Long and Xu Xin holding the TTD leaflet!

Youtuber GecaPhoenix (http://www.youtube.com/user/GecaPhoenix) has made an awesome video promoting this awesome live stream and chat on TableTennisDaily. Be sure to subscribe to Geca on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1pMzP-YdU&feature=feedf

Steven
11-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Awesome, watching matches together with others is way more fun. :p

Dan
11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Its going to be fun Steven :)

Guys when you open the stream does the two images of Ma Long n Xu Xin sit either side of the stream like seen in the image above?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

dici
11-15-2011, 03:24 AM
This is nice! But can we have the one that Xu Xin is tearing the TTD ads? lol

Axamax
11-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Its going to be fun Steven :)

Guys when you open the stream does the two images of Ma Long n Xu Xin sit either side of the stream like seen in the image above?

yes Xu Xin and Ma Long are on both sides

ttmonster
11-15-2011, 06:19 AM
its wonderful dan ... but how can you use to see junior events .. for example ?

YosuaYosan
11-15-2011, 08:42 AM
YES! YES! YYYYYEEEEESSSSSS !!
ITS HERE :D

Woohoo !
Awesome job bro, as always :)

Dan
11-15-2011, 09:03 AM
its wonderful dan ... but how can you use to see junior events .. for example ?

Hey. Im sorry but we can only access the major events such as Pro Tours that feature on ITTF's main channel.

It will be exciting :)

Does Ma Long n Xu Xin sit evenly side of your stream ttmonster?

Dan
11-15-2011, 09:04 AM
YES! YES! YYYYYEEEEESSSSSS !!
ITS HERE :D

Woohoo !
Awesome job bro, as always :)

Haha new you would like this Yosua :)... Does Xu n Ma sit at an even side of your streaming?

YosuaYosan
11-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Haha new you would like this Yosua :)... Does Xu n Ma sit at an even side of your streaming?

Yes they are :D

Dan
11-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes they are :D

Awesome! Good to know! :)

WiWa
11-15-2011, 02:20 PM
For me they're on the side as well :)

dici
11-15-2011, 04:17 PM
For my laptop, Ma Long is at the bottom of the stream tv. Is it because of the screen resolution?

Dan
11-15-2011, 04:20 PM
For my laptop, Ma Long is at the bottom of the stream tv. Is it because of the screen resolution?

Yeah I think so. This is the problem we had. Can you print screen for me and send details of your laptop n reso please :)

dici
11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Like this. This is on the 1280x800 screen.

Dan
11-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Like this. This is on the 1280x800 screen.

Thanks Dici, ill try sort it out as soon as :)

yurybarquero
11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
It is working just fine here.. Ma Long and Xu Xin... It is a shame that here in Nicaragua not many people have access to watch the games in ITTV. That is why I always download the games from ITTV and sometimes make some DVDs to give away.... Soon we will be able not just to chat while watching the games but also talk just like in xboxlive with the headsets or maybe a huge skype conference call...:p:cool:

Dan
11-15-2011, 10:47 PM
It is working just fine here.. Ma Long and Xu Xin... It is a shame that here in Nicaragua not many people have access to watch the games in ITTV. That is why I always download the games from ITTV and sometimes make some DVDs to give away.... Soon we will be able not just to chat while watching the games but also talk just like in xboxlive with the headsets or maybe a huge skype conference call...:p:cool:

That is awesome that you download and give people some matches.. Really nice of you :)

That is a great idea! I will see what i can do with embeding some sort of audio chat room. There are ways of doing it now im sure! :)

Will see you in the streaming when the next pro tour takes place.

ttmonster
11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks Dan ... I thought so because the top bar to navigate to the Junior Events are are not there ... but Major Event works just fine ... kudos on a great job .. can't wait to see the next main event on the stream ...
They do sit side by side when I properly maximize the screen ( I am using a Mac and Firefox though ) .... and definitely it will be different for differnent screen resolution ... just the way the screen interpretes the HTML code ...

Hey. Im sorry but we can only access the major events such as Pro Tours that feature on ITTF's main channel.

It will be exciting :)

Does Ma Long n Xu Xin sit evenly side of your stream ttmonster?

UpSideDownCarl
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Great job dan. :)

dici
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
I just realize one thing. The location of the chat is centered instead of left justify. I'm not sure what other think about it. I feel weird when reading in that way.

Dan
11-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I just realize one thing. The location of the chat is centered instead of left justify. I'm not sure what other think about it. I feel weird when reading in that way.

Yeah the chat still needs to be amended... will have it sorted tonight :)

Thanks for the feedback dici

Dan
11-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks Dan ... I thought so because the top bar to navigate to the Junior Events are are not there ... but Major Event works just fine ... kudos on a great job .. can't wait to see the next main event on the stream ...
They do sit side by side when I properly maximize the screen ( I am using a Mac and Firefox though ) .... and definitely it will be different for differnent screen resolution ... just the way the screen interpretes the HTML code ...

Thanks ttmonster :)

The coder only embedded the major events on the ITTV streaming channel as I didnt realise TTD members published much about junior events except the major one. Coincidently which is on now hehe :). If the demand is there for junior events I will get him to re code it.

Well spotted, when the screen is made small it does indeed put the images out of proportion. Ill see what can be done, perhaps the screen can minimise itself depending on screen reso. Ill get back to you on this one ttmonster, thanks for the feedback

ttmonster
11-16-2011, 05:24 PM
You are always welcome dan !
So what I noticed is , the images try to re-size themselves based on the size of the window of the browser.
The rogue in this case is the embedded window from the iITTF which pretty much remains the same size irrespective of the size of a the browser window. I am sure there will be ways of getting around this. Not a web developer my self so can't help you with exactly what is the fix or this but up for testing anytime :) .. because I am sure people would have faced the same issue in other websites which stream

Dan
11-16-2011, 10:53 PM
You are always welcome dan !
So what I noticed is , the images try to re-size themselves based on the size of the window of the browser.
The rogue in this case is the embedded window from the iITTF which pretty much remains the same size irrespective of the size of a the browser window. I am sure there will be ways of getting around this. Not a web developer my self so can't help you with exactly what is the fix or this but up for testing anytime :) .. because I am sure people would have faced the same issue in other websites which stream

Thanks, yeah your right there, the images re-size but the player remains the same. Ill talk to the coder tomorrow about this. I am pretty sure tho that most people have a standard size browser these days, Would have to be rather small wouldn't it?

ttmonster
11-17-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks, yeah your right there, the images re-size but the player remains the same. Ill talk to the coder tomorrow about this. I am pretty sure tho that most people have a standard size browser these days, Would have to be rather small wouldn't it?
Yes dan you are right .. its a minor issue and most people won't be seeing it in the small size. Only thing I can think of is access from smartphone or tablet .. I have neither so can't help to test you on that one ..

Dan
11-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Yes dan you are right .. its a minor issue and most people won't be seeing it in the small size. Only thing I can think of is access from smartphone or tablet .. I have neither so can't help to test you on that one ..

Hehe yeah phones it does the same problem.. Im not to sure about tablets such as the ipad.

We could experiment on the first pro tour and can ask people in the chat whether they have the prob..

Might be a case of removing the images but we will see. I do think tho the images give off a very nice effect.

ttmonster
11-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Hehe yeah phones it does the same problem.. Im not to sure about tablets such as the ipad.

We could experiment on the first pro tour and can ask people in the chat whether they have the prob..

Might be a case of removing the images but we will see. I do think tho the images give off a very nice effect.

Don't remove the images , they are nice and it will not serve your purpose most probably .... the ittf window itself is the problem and i have checked in the ittf website .... it does not resize if you change the size of the browser window .... so my advice ...... don't worry about this too much

Dan
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Don't remove the images , they are nice and it will not serve your purpose most probably .... the ittf window itself is the problem and i have checked in the ittf website .... it does not resize if you change the size of the browser window .... so my advice ...... don't worry about this too much

Yeah your totally right ttmonster :) Thanks for the help, and let your tt buddies know about our site and get them to join the live shows when they are aired please :) Awesome !

ttmonster
11-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Yeah your totally right ttmonster :) Thanks for the help, and let your tt buddies know about our site and get them to join the live shows when they are aired please :) Awesome !
No problem at all Dan !! Anytime !

Dan
11-19-2011, 05:31 PM
No problem at all Dan !! Anytime !

Thanks!

Well the chat has been updated.. so much better, I cannot wait for the Pro Tour Grand Finals now :)

The issue we had before of the pictures and stream not being about to fit in the same frame is now fixed to ttmonster :)

yurybarquero
11-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I was able to see that it changes depending on the resolution of the screen:
Here is the way it looks on my computer regular size...
and this is the way it looks when I zoom in just to watch the games with a close to full screen and be able to have the chatbox.... because you know that if yout put it full screen you dont have the chat anymore...
and this is also the way it looks in another computer..

WiWa
11-24-2011, 05:46 PM
and this is the way it looks when I zoom in just to watch the games with a close to full screen and be able to have the chatbox.... because you know that if yout put it full screen you dont have the chat anymore...

How do u zoom in?

Dan
11-24-2011, 06:05 PM

Ahhh I see, what resolution do you have for the second image? I havent come across that issue as of yet. I will talk to the coder to see what he can do :)

Yeah when the live stream is put full screen it will lose the chat as the chat is separate coding to ITTF stream :(

Dan
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
How do u zoom in?

Hold CTRL on your keyboard then move should do it

WiWa
11-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Hold CTRL on your keyboard then move should do it

Lol I never knew that, thanks haha.

Dan
11-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow 20 registered users in the stream today!https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/streamttd.jpg

Dan
11-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Hows everyone finding the live streaming? any issues or all good?

Matt Hetherington
11-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Revolutionary... lol ;) I love it it's been great so far I've popped in a couple of times and there's a lot more people in there than with the old chat haha trouble is i get carried away talking and end up not watching XD

Dan
11-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Revolutionary... lol ;) I love it it's been great so far I've popped in a couple of times and there's a lot more people in there than with the old chat haha trouble is i get carried away talking and end up not watching XD

Thanks for the feedback! Haha I know what you mean. I was watching the Table Tennis live at the arena today and I still found myself on my phone in the chat missing massive forehands by Ma Long lol!