Tips to improve footwork?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Two weeks? More than enough time. Get plenty of sleep, do some jump rope, and attach properly boosted Hurricane 3 National to the soles of your sneakers. You'll move like Xu Xin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
You're not going to sigificantly improve footwork in two weeks. There are plenty of threads on here about footwork that may help with longer term goals. I suggest the best thing preparation for your match is to think about your game plan. How can you make sure that you play to your strengths and expose your opponents weaknesses. Think about why you've won or lost in the past and use that to help your game. Good luck

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Stand at the left hand side of the table.
Shuffle with one quick step (pushing off your left leg) to the right side of the table, touch the right edge of the table with your left hand.
Now shuffle with one quick step back to the left side of the table and touch the left edge of the table with your right hand.

Now keep doing that and do it faster :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is pretty funny. I am wondering whether to give some actual information or just laugh at Alpay's knack for trolling people in.

Shadow footwork drills.
Ladder footwork drills.
6 hours of multiball per day.
2 hours per day of this drill as part of the multiball requirement:

All the foot speed work from this video:

Years of training starting from 6-8 years old. Or....maybe, lots of cocaine.

Reactions: Andy44
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I kinda like how you can practice for 5 hours a day but don't have a coach to help you with all these issues that you bring up the forum... So how or what exactly are you practicing again???

He is a pro player. Of course he doesn’t have a coach or training partners. He watches YouTube videos of Ma Long for all his technical and tactical development. Didn’t you know that is how the pros do things.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
He is a pro player. Of course he doesn’t have a coach or training partners. He watches YouTube videos of Ma Long for all his technical and tactical development. Didn’t you know that is how the pros do things.

I have 2 coaches and 20-30 training partners in our sports club. And we are playing on Federation leagues.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have 2 coaches and 20-30 training partners in our sports club. And we are playing on Federation leagues.

Hopefully your coaches know how to improve your footwork better than most people here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
But being serious, even if you don't have an official coach, there must be more senior players at the club who could help you out. I know there is a high chance that you might just be trolling everybody and definitely not be a pro player and not be practicing everyday, but even as a high school student with no time (or money) for coaching, there are already tons of really good players (school coaches, regular national tournament/league players, district players) at my local community club and many of them have been extremely helpful for me in my TT development. So if you even play at a club (let alone practice 5 hours a day) I'm pretty sure there could be senior players who could help you out.

This user has no status.
But being serious, even if you don't have an official coach, there must be more senior players at the club who could help you out. I know there is a high chance that you might just be trolling everybody and definitely not be a pro player and not be practicing everyday, but even as a high school student with no time (or money) for coaching, there are already tons of really good players (school coaches, regular national tournament/league players, district players) at my local community club and many of them have been extremely helpful for me in my TT development. So if you even play at a club (let alone practice 5 hours a day) I'm pretty sure there could be senior players who could help you out.
Our coaches are both ex-national coaches. And there are senior players who played on Turkish Super League. I am getting help from them but I want to hear your advices too. I think it is not a bad thing. I'm not trolling by the way. I will upload my match video today. You can see my play and you can tell me my errors.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl