Reliable Sources to Get Real Chinese Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Not very difficult to understand, China is pretty famous for fake products. I wanna know how do we find good and reliable sources of the real rubbers?

Some friends of mine told me there are fake stuff everywhere in Hong Kong, but I don't know about it as I live in the US. What are your reliable online stores to get great quality DHS rubbers? To be more specific, I am interested in some DHS neo provincials. Post your links!

This user has no status.
I am just back from 2 months in china. I can tell you as an "eyewitness" :p that china has a lot of fake stuff. They also have fake shoppingmalls (with security, so that you don't steal the fake articles). So i went to look here and there to buy real tabletennis stuff. That's harder then it sounds.

I played in a club in Xi'an but at first nobody wanted to play me (a chinees can't win with tabletennis only lose even if they win the didn't win because it was expected). After a while a proffesional (the club's best player) showed up with his trainer. I had no chance (didn't bring my own paddle played with strange chinees penholder paddle) and only won 1 set (we played maybe 7). I could beat his trainer though. And the guy (proffessional) was weiring table tennis cloths and had chinees rubbers.
So i search for shops where to buy real stuff. In the shops they have almost nothing, a few butterfly rubbers and some rubbers that the best chinees players use. Why??? Because in China table tennis is not so populair anymore. Basketball is the most famous thing there right now. I asked people in the shop and there are some specialized shops in china that still have everything, but i cann't tell you where they are.

Back to the Chinees pro from Xi'an he used the internet to get his stuff and he trainer knew the specialized shops. It was not so easy to talk to him because i don't speak chinees and his english was not that good. After being beat up in the club, i went to the park and won from everyone in the park. I cannot give you links, but i told you about a fantastic experience in china :p (I even have a video of me playing in the park with a random paddle vs long pimple old guy but this is not the place to post it, and i don't show my real skills :p).

For Hongkong i only stayed 3 days in Hong Kong and mostly i was in my swimmingpool at the 28th story, because it was 36 degrees :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
If you want to buy rubbers in China or HK, the only way is to find a reputable seller. If it is in China, what you can do is go to DHS's tabao website, if you want to buy the DHS rubber. Other rubber, like haifu may required to look from other sources. I'm not sure about in HK, but there should be quite number of reputatble seller.

However, if you want to buy in US, many of the online store does sell the real rubber. The other problem for the chinese rubber would be the quality control. Sometime you can get bad quality even if you buy from the same seller.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
That's some really interesting experience!

Indeed, I am not surprised about the fake stuff and fake malls. But what's more interesting is that Ping Pong is no longer the most popular sport anymore, especially to the newer generations.
Thanks for sharing!

This user has no status.
That's some really interesting experience!

Indeed, I am not surprised about the fake stuff and fake malls. But what's more interesting is that Ping Pong is no longer the most popular sport anymore, especially to the newer generations.
Thanks for sharing!
Well the only thing you can watch in china on the television is CCTV. And CCTV 5 is sports. Only a few chinees table tennis games (national competition) are shown on the channel. Most of the time there is basketball from the Chinees national team or other sports. But the most noticable thing was that the shops use the room in the shops to sell basketball shoes and stuff. Everybody on the streets is weiring something sport brand (adididas, nike, peak etc.) but most have something to do with basketball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I'm an American with connections in China (I can speak the language a bit and my wife is chinese) and was thinking to set up a simple site to sell some of the chinese products. Make a site people can trust. Think there would be any interest in such a thing?

There would definitely be interest! However, having a Chinese wife and speaking the language doesn't really give you any connections when it comes to getting the legitimate rubbers