Humidity in training hall affecting my game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Wow, tonight not much worked for me. I actually am in good form but today I had to play with old CA balls (Andro), which are terrible plus the humidity was incredibly high. I had the feeling my H3 Neo was an Anti. Anyone experienced this before? Balls slipped of my rubber like I’ve never experienced before.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I live in Houston, a very very very humid place. It can take all the fun out of playing. Karis M is the best rubber I have ever used in those conditions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Wow, tonight not much worked for me. I actually am in good form but today I had to play with old CA balls (Andro), which are terrible plus the humidity was incredibly high. I had the feeling my H3 Neo was an Anti. Anyone experienced this before? Balls slipped of my rubber like I’ve never experienced before.
Omg tell me about it.

I am a looper with H3 or TG2 on FH. In my club most people are hitters close to table.

When it's humid in summer, I lost so many points while looping. What's interesting is that hitters are less affected.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Omg tell me about it.

I am a looper with H3 or TG2 on FH. In my club most people are hitters close to table.

When it's humid in summer, I lost so many points while looping. What's interesting is that hitters are less affected.

Passionate about TT

I guess humidity takes the grip off the rubbers which makes them less sensitive to spin and easier to hit through the ball.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
DHS rubbers SUCK ASS when even a little humidity is present. Their tackiness is shitty. They can't even handle the polyball really. I had exactly, exactly the same experiences you're describing. The rubber becoming a brick antispin etc.

Instead get a 792 Battle II. It is much tackier and its tackiness is different, it is much more humidity and dirt resistant, and after you clean it with a drop of water and dry it again the tackiness is back to full in a few seconds so that crap never happens to me anymore.

Also it's not a money roulette like with H3s where you can (and often do) get a crappy sheet. The Battle II's are always of consistent quality.

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hence why I chose Short Pimples. I live in the tropics, it's humid all year round. DHS or any tacky rubbers sweats just as much as me during training (our club doesn't have air-conditioning system).

Surely you could get a new air conditioner for the price of a tenergy and have money left for an ionizer and coffee machine?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Shhh don't give the secret away the ittf will make tournaments humid for the cnt :)

I read a story that once when Ma Lin played Timo in China, he asked the organizers to turn off air conditioning because it was known that Timo hates playing in hot conditions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 2 reviews
Surely you could get a new air conditioner for the price of a tenergy and have money left for an ionizer and coffee machine?

Not in my country, no. Air conditioning units are very expensive due to high demands. Also, our club is located inside public building (because it's free, cause we can't afford to pay rent for a private space) so no fabrication of the structure is allowed.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Not in my country, no. Air conditioning units are very expensive due to high demands. Also, our club is located inside public building (because it's free, cause we can't afford to pay rent for a private space) so no fabrication of the structure is allowed.

I remember visiting a club like that in a public building with no airconditioning (it was a basement actually) and they'd bring fans from home and plug them in, aimed at the player area (not at the actual table) from a certain distance and it really wasn't that bad playing there.

Though I guess it doesn't help with humidity so much as it lowers the risk of hospitalization

Reactions: genrel001