STIGA Infinity VPS V, Clipper or Offensive Classic?

This user has no status.
Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well.
I'm a new member here and this is my first ever post, and it's an equipment question.

I recently stopped playing wth my Timo Boll ALC blade because it's too fast and I wanna play with a slower racket with a lot more control, but capable of looping very well and not too dead.

I generally block incoming attacks, and loop every other ball, mostly from mid-distance or on the table. I ply an allround offensive game and rarely ever do flat hits. I play with medium sponge hardness but recently decided to give hard rubbers a try as well.

While searching on the internet, I came upon these 3 blades (Infinity VPS V, Clipper, Offensive Classic) that have affordable prices and that I think might suit my style. However, I don't know which one would best suit the style I just described, while also complying with the less-speed-than-TB-ALC? I would also like to know what advantages any of the above mentioned blades have over each other?

Thank you everyone for replying and I appreciate your help!

Edit: Aside from speed, another big reason I'm downgrading from the TB ALC is the lack of "feel". I did feel a very fast ball coming off of my racket, but I never felt it coming out of my "hand"!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyzhao123
Even with just an all wood blade but with a good rubber, you can still produce the same amount of power but with better control. I would with a clipper because i am a fan of 7 ply all wood blades. Infinity is also good.

This user has no status.
A 7-ply blade provides more stability especially when blocking. 5-ply blades are supposed to enable more spin and control for looping since they are generally not as stiff, but I tend to prefer stiffer blades even though I play more of a spin game. The Clipper is a 7-ply blade, whilst the other two are 5-ply.

Reactions: Payan Shonim
This user has no status.
Depends on what you value most in a blade. Offensive classic is the lightest and most flexible out of the three. You will probably have the best control, feel, and easiest time looping. Even though Infinity VPS is a 5-ply, it's as stiff and fast as a typical 7-ply blade, just a bit lighter. I have trouble keeping shots short with Infinity, but it excels at heavy topspins on FH and BH. I've never owned a Clipper, but I highly recommend Yasaka Extra Special. It's a well balanced 7-ply blade at around $40 USD. Good for pretty much everything and not too heavy, has a lot of gears. If you are willing to pay around $100 USD, I recommend Stiga Intensity. It's a looper's dream blade. It's super light, has great dwell time and feeling, but every shot still manages to be crisp and clean. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Andyzhao123
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
It's funny, but yesterday I spend time playing with TB ALC and my own setup is Stiga Off Classic. (TB ALC had Tenergy 05 FX on both sides). So all wood blade, as you could expect performs really well playing at close -to mid distance, spin looked to be stronger compared to TB, blocking and placement was also more precise and easier to do. (Maybe because I am used to my racket...) The difference in speed is really a big one, I did some heavy loops away from the table, so with Stiga OFF you need to put a lot more effort and use your full body (that's the right way to do it, but in Stiga OFF case you are forced to do it) to get the power. Also the weight difference and how head heavy the blade with Tenergy 05 becomes is very noticeable. That's not a bad thing, it's just the matter of if you like it or not. Stiga OFF does not have the crispy feeling and TB ALC is very crispy. So generally if you are closer to the table player then power looper all would seems a good choice, but imho Stiga OFF may seem too slow after TB ALC, so maybe choose something in the middle between Stiga OFF and TB ALC, like Infinity..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
[
I had a Infinity VPS when it was released but it wasnt that well-made in terms of quality...
Owned a Clipper too (normal one,not CC) and had a blast with that blade.

Lots of feeling and legendary blade overall.

If i recall it correctly, I had a non-WRB Clipper, don't know if they still sell that version of Clipper.

Yes they still produce them, but I feel like Clipper would suit a more hitting-style game than my all spin game with Chinese rubbers!

This user has no status.
It's funny, but yesterday I spend time playing with TB ALC and my own setup is Stiga Off Classic. (TB ALC had Tenergy 05 FX on both sides). So all wood blade, as you could expect performs really well playing at close -to mid distance, spin looked to be stronger compared to TB, blocking and placement was also more precise and easier to do. (Maybe because I am used to my racket...) The difference in speed is really a big one, I did some heavy loops away from the table, so with Stiga OFF you need to put a lot more effort and use your full body (that's the right way to do it, but in Stiga OFF case you are forced to do it) to get the power. Also the weight difference and how head heavy the blade with Tenergy 05 becomes is very noticeable. That's not a bad thing, it's just the matter of if you like it or not. Stiga OFF does not have the crispy feeling and TB ALC is very crispy. So generally if you are closer to the table player then power looper all would seems a good choice, but imho Stiga OFF may seem too slow after TB ALC, so maybe choose something in the middle between Stiga OFF and TB ALC, like Infinity..

I think this is a great comparison. The 'crispness' in the TB ALC is really nice, and since I'm trying to play more close to the table often, I think the all wood blade seems like a good choice.
And as for the speed, I think the Infinity is almost as fast as the TB ALC (as I've heard) and the Stiga OC would be a good step down speedwise for me to have increased control!

This user has no status.
Depends on what you value most in a blade. Offensive classic is the lightest and most flexible out of the three. You will probably have the best control, feel, and easiest time looping. Even though Infinity VPS is a 5-ply, it's as stiff and fast as a typical 7-ply blade, just a bit lighter. I have trouble keeping shots short with Infinity, but it excels at heavy topspins on FH and BH. I've never owned a Clipper, but I highly recommend Yasaka Extra Special. It's a well balanced 7-ply blade at around $40 USD. Good for pretty much everything and not too heavy, has a lot of gears. If you are willing to pay around $100 USD, I recommend Stiga Intensity. It's a looper's dream blade. It's super light, has great dwell time and feeling, but every shot still manages to be crisp and clean. Hope this helps.

I think the OC seems like the better choice here for me.
How does the Intensity compare to the Infinity or the OC?
And thanks!

This user has no status.
I think the OC seems like the better choice here for me.
How does the Intensity compare to the Infinity or the OC?
And thanks!

Intensity is the lighter than Infinity and the OC. It's more flexible than Infinity and slightly more flexible than the OC. For me, Infinity is stiff and I sometimes have trouble play short balls with it. Intensity is slightly slower than Infinity but faster than the OC. In terms of blocking, Infinity is better because of its stiffness, but if you use good tensor rubber for backhand, Intensity can block well too.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Clipper is pretty close to the speed of a TB ALC. Easier to control. More ball feel. But not much difference in speed. A heavier one will be faster than a TB ALC. One that is not so heavy will be slower.

Infinity is a decent blade now that they sorted out the issues that made the first generation delaminate. Still, I don't love the substances that Stiga uses to harden woods and make certain blades like an Infinity play faster.

I definitely like the Offensive Classic as a blade that sounds like what you are looking for.

A Nexy Spear might also be a good choice. Same ply construction as Offensive Classic but a little thicker and slightly faster. But not as fast as an Infinity or a Clipper.

To me, it also sounds like a Butterfly Primorac or a Butterfly Korbel would be good for what you are looking for. Or a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. Those blades have a lot of control and feel and allow you to spin the hell out of the ball.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Offensive Classic, Nexy Peter Pan: Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba
Korbel, Primorac, Power Wood: Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba

The Spruce ply makes the blade feel more alive and bounce, faster. But it sacrifices some dwell time and spin.

The Limba-Limba combination allows the ball to stay on the blade face longer so you get more dwell time and more spin. But it will feel a little less alive and a little less crisp. It will still give you big ball feel. But it will give you soft ball feel rather than crisp, in your face ball feel. :)

Hopefully that information helps.

It is funny, for a long time I liked the way the crisper blades felt. But still liked the way the Limba-Limba blades allow you to get so much more spin.

Now I like the feel and playing characteristics of blades with Limba-Limba.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

Sorry if it's a little bit off-topic, but I wanted to ask are you happy with yours Intensity/H3 combo? I am thinking of trying H3, but I think that my current Stiga OC could be a little bit too slow for that and I would have to do a lot of work every time to produce a fast ball, so why not change both? :D

This user has no status.
Sorry if it's a little bit off-topic, but I wanted to ask are you happy with yours Intensity/H3 combo? I am thinking of trying H3, but I think that my current Stiga OC could be a little bit too slow for that and I would have to do a lot of work every time to produce a fast ball, so why not change both? :D

Yes, I'm very happy with the Intensity/H3 combo. I think Stiga OC should be fast enough for H3, but Intensity is definitely faster because of the harder top ply. Ball bounces off much faster on Intensity vs. Stiga OC. If OC is getting too slow for you, I would recommend Intensity. But H3 is slightly harder than H3 Neo, so you have to use full-body swings to get top speed from this rubber. I hope this helps.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Offensive Classic, Nexy Peter Pan: Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba
Korbel, Primorac, Power Wood: Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba

The Spruce ply makes the blade feel more alive and bounce, faster. But it sacrifices some dwell time and spin.

The Limba-Limba combination allows the ball to stay on the blade face longer so you get more dwell time and more spin. But it will feel a little less alive and a little less crisp. It will still give you big ball feel. But it will give you soft ball feel rather than crisp, in your face ball feel. :)

Hopefully that information helps.

It is funny, for a long time I liked the way the crisper blades felt. But still liked the way the Limba-Limba blades allow you to get so much more spin.

Now I like the feel and playing characteristics of blades with Limba-Limba.

Above I said Nexy Peter Pan = Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba. I don't think Peter Pan is that. I meant to write Nexy Spear. Those are the plies for a Nexy Spear. And the Nexy Spear feels really nice. But so does the Stiga Offensive Classic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Yes, I'm very happy with the Intensity/H3 combo. I think Stiga OC should be fast enough for H3, but Intensity is definitely faster because of the harder top ply. Ball bounces off much faster on Intensity vs. Stiga OC. If OC is getting too slow for you, I would recommend Intensity. But H3 is slightly harder than H3 Neo, so you have to use full-body swings to get top speed from this rubber. I hope this helps.

I play somewhat closer to the table, so Stiga OC/H3Neo feels quite right. Also, I prefer better placement and more subtle touch then more power. But if I move away for some big loops, then some more power would be useful, as I really need to put some extra energy to get a long and powerful ball. So was wondering how Stiga OC would perform with H3. So if you like yours combo and I find my Stiga OC too slow for H3, maybe I'll try Intensity

This user has no status.
I play somewhat closer to the table, so Stiga OC/H3Neo feels quite right. Also, I prefer better placement and more subtle touch then more power. But if I move away for some big loops, then some more power would be useful, as I really need to put some extra energy to get a long and powerful ball. So was wondering how Stiga OC would perform with H3. So if you like yours combo and I find my Stiga OC too slow for H3, maybe I'll try Intensity

I don't think Stiga OC and H3 combo will be too slow for you. IMO, H3 Neo and H3 have very small difference in speed. H3 Neo is only a little bit faster than H3. The bigger difference between the 2 rubbers is control. H3 Neo has noticeably better control than H3.