Vega Pro vs Rozena vs EL-P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I am currently using Vega Pro on FH and FX-P on the BH. I am close to changing my rubbers as they're close to being "dead". I really like Vega Pro but I am just wondering how it compares to Rozena since here VP is about $46 while Rozena and EL-P cost $50 so there's not much difference. (kind of every tt player's dream to play with a butterfly, right?)

I'm choosing between these rubbers because I've researched that they are all "tenergy-lite". I've heard that EL-P is close to T05 in feel but not in spin/speed, and that Rozena plays very similar to EL-P. How would you compare these rubbers in terms of speed and spin? Do you agree that they feel similar to T05? Did I already answer my own questions? Is this thread pointless? You tell me! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I have been using the Rozena 2.1 on my back hand and I just love the way it plays, I call it a Tenergy 05 junior. the blade I have it mounted on is a Carbonado 145, don't know how it would perform on a all wooden blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Quite different. Rozena has quite a bit more catapult than VP. Both are excellent for serving.

Rozena keeps its playing characteristics for a longer time. However, the topspin curve is quite a bit flatter and the rubber is better if your ball contact is less tangential. The Vega pro is better if you brush the ball more.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Vega Pro is a class above rozena and el-p. el-p especially has severe durability issues and is bizarrely heavy for what it is, so I don't recommend it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: langel
Rozena has more catapult and due to this it feels faster over the table and at close distance. But at mid and longer distance Vega Pro is faster especially with well spinned balls and it is more spinny.
About durability - I don't know, but Vega Pro is more durable than T05. Is Rozena more durable than T05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I'd get EL-S or MX-P if you are looking for something that can be compared to Tenergy 05. I'm happy with my EL-S so far. It's a tad slower than T05 but almost just as spinny. The only difference is that you won't be getting that super easy brush loop that you get from a T05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I'd get EL-S or MX-P if you are looking for something that can be compared to Tenergy 05. I'm happy with my EL-S so far. It's a tad slower than T05 but almost just as spinny. The only difference is that you won't be getting that super easy brush loop that you get from a T05

What im actually looking for is a level lower than T05 as I dont think I'm good enough to handle something that pros use haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I am currently using Vega Pro on FH and FX-P on the BH. I am close to changing my rubbers as they're close to being "dead". I really like Vega Pro but I am just wondering how it compares to Rozena since here VP is about $46 while Rozena and EL-P cost $50 so there's not much difference. (kind of every tt player's dream to play with a butterfly, right?)

I'm choosing between these rubbers because I've researched that they are all "tenergy-lite". I've heard that EL-P is close to T05 in feel but not in spin/speed, and that Rozena plays very similar to EL-P. How would you compare these rubbers in terms of speed and spin? Do you agree that they feel similar to T05? Did I already answer my own questions? Is this thread pointless? You tell me! :D
I think sticking with VP is smart choice. Both ELP and Rozena have lower throw than VP and Ten05 of course. If you like Ten05 and VP most likely you love high throw rubber (like me)

Another option if you want something new: Fast arc g1. Tad spinnier and faster. Same throw. Different feeling. Same weight. Same durability.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kaiwen
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Kruno, I also think that sticking with VP is the smartest choice here. It's kinda sad that though I am able to use an affordable Butterfly rubber, it's performance is not as good as older generation ESN tensors.

Also I really am quite surprised that EL-P is not as good as I thought (at least compared to Vega Pro). And big props to Xiom for creating such a gem!

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Kruno, I also think that sticking with VP is the smartest choice here. It's kinda sad that though I am able to use an affordable Butterfly rubber, it's performance is not as good as older generation ESN tensors.

Also I really am quite surprised that EL-P is not as good as I thought (at least compared to Vega Pro). And big props to Xiom for creating such a gem!
No matter how hard Xiom tried, they seemingly fails to overcome the success of vega pro in price/performance ratio.

Very few rubber can beat Vega pro.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk