Tenergy05 issues

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Hi guys i use recently sticked a tenergy 05 to my blade for fh (3 weeks) but the problem is that when i first played with it, it felt really bouncy and i could like feel that sort of click sound from tenergy and also when i press the sponge it feels quite soft. But now when it feels quite hard and also now it feels like a brick and when i topspin the ball i hear the sound from my blade but not the nice clicky sound tenergy makes. Any reasons for this?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Time to get a new T05. 3 weeks? You got your money's worth. The pros go through a sheet in 1 week.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Where did you get the rubber? Is there any question of whether it is real or not? Tenergy does not usually become hardened like that, and definitely not in 3 weeks.

Any chance the rubber was exposed to heat or cold? Severe temperature changes could do that to a rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Every rubber that has mild tuning, even if original, plays slightly worse over time, with 1 week to 2 months of being taken out of the package and used, depending on how you take care of it and your frequency of play.

Different players are sensitive to it to different degrees. Since my game isn't good enough to be that sensitive to equipment, I usually just keep playing with what I use for about 6 months regardless of quality.

This user has no status.
Hi guys i use recently sticked a tenergy 05 to my blade for fh (3 weeks) but the problem is that when i first played with it, it felt really bouncy and i could like feel that sort of click sound from tenergy and also when i press the sponge it feels quite soft. But now when it feels quite hard and also now it feels like a brick and when i topspin the ball i hear the sound from my blade but not the nice clicky sound tenergy makes. Any reasons for this?

My experience with t05(and t64) is that it does not have a "click" sound. The "click" sound is more common for soft sponge tensor rubbers.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Tenergy shouldn't start to lose it's grip until 6 weeks to 2 months, unless you play with it everyday with a crap ton of spin.

Tenergy does give you a better feeling out of the blade, compared to other rubbers and you get that 'click' feeling when you get a good loop out of it

Reactions: Suga D
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Did it shrink on the blade?

Was it for sure not a fake?

How long was it on the shelf of whoever sold it to you? Can you return it for a new one if you complain enough? (Old rubbers get shitty, even still unopened and unused)

Did you keep it in your car, that was parked under the sun?

Did you always clean and cover it to prevent oxygenation after use?

Did you clean it with all kinds of soaps and detergents that can damage the rubber and sponge?

Did you let your dog chew it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Baal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Where did you get the rubber? Is there any question of whether it is real or not? Tenergy does not usually become hardened like that, and definitely not in 3 weeks.

Any chance the rubber was exposed to heat or cold? Severe temperature changes could do that to a rubber.

I got it from a local tt shop. And yes i think the coldest my bat got was at most 24 degrees celsius where i left it in my room and i turned on the air con the whole night.

And i also clean it by using my breath and wiping it off. And occasionally i use my sweaty palms to clean it

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Odd as i had a tenergy that last a whole season once

Using mine for 4 months now, playing abt 10 hrs/wk.

Still playing fine. I don’t use protective sheets, but do religiously clean rubbers after play.

High moisture playing conditions do come with the odd ball slip every now and then. The Nanoflex suffers less than the Tenergies under those conditions.

I expect to be notiting performance degradation in a few weeks or so. It’s been like that for all my Tenergies (and Nanoflex). Vega Pro also held out well, as did Rakza 7. Rasant Grip much less so, and limited experience makes me expect similar degradation to the Rasant family.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I never had the same experience as OP. I used the stuff for about 10 years before switching a little more than a year go. I could always get about three months or more from a sheet. As T05 ages and the sponge eventually breaks down it plays softer, not harder.

I am wondering what glue was used?

Reactions: Suga D