TB ALC and long pimples

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Can anybody advise me the best long-pimple rubber for TB ALC on BH? Style of game: Chop Chop Chop, close to table but if I need I go far from the table, no attacking from BH --- and from FH only fast topspins with Teny 64. I thing about Tibhar Grass D.Tecs, or TSP Curl P1..... Any ideas? Thx.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
YOOSUUUAAAAA!!! This is up your alley!!

Hi Crutcher, welcome to the forum. I don't play with pimples (just like playing against them ehhehe), but Yosua does, and also countless others on this forum.. He's quite knowledgeable about the stuff. Don't worry, he'll have some advice for you...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to admit, something sounds wrong to me about putting Long Pips onto a Timo Boll ALC. That blade is an offensive blade made for looping with control and SPEED. I think it would probably not be very good for that kind of play. I don't really know about what makes for a good defensive blade, but what about the Matsu****a blade. That is supposed to be a great defensive blade for modern defenders.

For some reason the forum is not letting his name be printed fully. The letters that were turned into astrix marks spelled something that is thought of as a bad 4 letter word which starts with S and ends in T. The player's first name is Koji. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Hrrrrnngghh !! X)
Thanks so much sir Azlan for the kind words, that was refreshin ! ;)

I open this thread right away when I read the title have the phrase 'long pimples' :p

Anyway welcome sir Crutcher to this magnificent forum :)
Do you have any experience playing with long pimples? If yes, what did you use before?
Haha Its not crazy to put a long pimple rubber on a Timo Boll ALC since Sir Reb of OOAKForum is using Gergely and pips on his backhand and yes also in OX.
The allround feel of the blade is not so stiff yet not that flexy either thus both spin reversal and manipulation could be done well.

My best guess for now is Giant Dragon Talon OX, specifically in red.
Tibhar SD 40 even in the thinnest sponge avalaible could be hard to play near to the table due to the blade's pace.
Tibhar Grass D.TecS is great for playing close to the table but I don't know about your experience in long pips. The same goes to the P1r since both are advanced pips and they are not easy to use.

Will be waiting for your answer sir so I could give more info.
For now I hope this helps.

Good luck and God bless your search,
Yosua

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha Its not crazy to put a long pimple rubber on a Timo Boll ALC since Sir Reb of OOAKForum is using Gergely and pips on his backhand and yes also in OX. The allround feel of the blade is not so stiff yet not that flexy either thus both spin reversal and manipulation could be done well.

:) Shows how much I know, or rather, don't know, about playing with pips and setups for pips. :) I am glad you finally found this Yosua. I do think that Butterfly Masush_ta blade is a really good blade for modern defenders though. I know someone who used it. I think it had Arylate and Carbon in it too.

And I agree with Azlan, you are the man to give the info on this. I was actually wondering what took you so long to find it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Firstly, I played with Stiga tube carbo and Double fish 1615 Ox on BH side for 1,5 year and stiga neos sound on FH. Then I tried a lot of blades - Matsus...ta Pro, Avalox BT777... and friends persuaded me not to play with long pimples because it is not useful to play with it in lower competition where players don´t play topspins so much only chop and "pink"... So, after years I found my "darling" TB ALC and I am thinking about long pimples..... this blade is the best for fast attacking for FH and is sure in all situation but I only need to solve my BH, I found out that my BH is broken to play with normal rubber (especially BH topspin) due to that I played with long pimples from beginning and so on .... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Regarding your previous equipment, sir :
1. You will like and can quickly adapt to the pips I reccomend because..
- Stiga Tube Carbo is faster and stiffer, TBS has a softer feel overall and is tad slower too. This improves your control on the play esp. close to the table.
- Both DF 1615 and GD Talon has ribbed pips and similar speed with some superiority to Talon's new develop techs.
- Both has horizontal aligned pips.
- Both are in OX and you have played pips for quite some time. Your experience should be more than enough now.
- Is told by many to be ' D.TecS replacement with awesome control '
or
2. You could sacrifice some control for max disturbance and effect by using Grass D.TecS or TSP Curl P1R. However, the price are quite steep imo.

What do you think Sir?
You could ask me more if you want and I will surely help if it is not beyond my current capability.

Cheers and GB,
Yosua

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
:) Shows how much I know, or rather, don't know, about playing with pips and setups for pips. :) I am glad you finally found this Yosua. I do think that Butterfly Masush_ta blade is a really good blade for modern defenders though. I know someone who used it. I think it had Arylate and Carbon in it too.

And I agree with Azlan, you are the man to give the info on this. I was actually wondering what took you so long to find it.

Thank you so much sir Carl for the compliments :D

Can't take the credit all by myself tho, Sir Carl.
Many other forum member both here and @ OOAK have educated me about the current topic. They are the real gurus ;)
I'm just glad that I could be a help here.

Oh and regarding your knowledge Sir, I am sure that you know that almost all long pips got an OX version, but due to your superiority in inverted knowledge, the first impression when you heard the TBS and pips, it must be too fast because today all inverted got sponge and maybe your mind told you about TBS + sponged pips = too fast for close-to-the-table play.
Correct me if I'm wrong here.
But it is totally true that any kind of pips for close to the table play on the TBS won't be very suitable with sponge on it. Some exception applies tho.

And oh you are totally right about the Matsusheeta blades ;) The alpha and pro version is made more for classical defender. Great stopping power, very soft feeling made spin variation its power. If you watched Koji play, he used more spin variation, not only heavy backspin from the blade's spin reversal. He is like the backspin version of Ma Lin. Soooo variative :)
The Pro Special version is intended for modern defenders because it is medium hard and stiff. Quality blades!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Thank you very much for your advices, I would like to play like Joo se Hyuk (I´m young, fast, legs are good..I hope...) far from the table, but as I said oponents don´t play fast topspins... and it is no use to buy long-pimples with sponge on my BH. :((