2011 Daegu US Forces TT Championships

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My fellow Korea Foreign TT Club member Neil Naputo and I just finished competing at the 2011 US Forces Korea TT Championships. Neil won 3rd in Singles and 1st in Doubles. I won 1st in Military Singles, Open, and Doubles. We comleted teh tourney and promptly went to the Waegwan TTC not so far from the Camp, played another 3-4 hours of matches, then got treated to some nice spicy chicken and drinks. (Yes, Koreans like to drink with the chicken.) (Don't worry, if you visit Korea, there will still be some left for you. Many have tried to drink the entire peninsula out of beer and Soju, but have failed.)

Here are the pics. I am the one with a little hair remaining on my scalp. :) :)

1-USFK1.jpg1-USFK2.jpg1-USFK3.jpg1-USFK4.jpg1-USFK5.jpg

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Now...that's what I call trophies!! It's great to see that the US Forces are doing their bit part in promoting TT to other fellow Americans. I just managed to figure out which one is you..hahaha

BTW, congratulations buddy. Hope to see more tournaments in the future. Just a thought, why don't you put these photos in your album in your profile....

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Azlan, I had to sleep in a field tin roof temp sleep place (no gripes, it beat sleeping in the rain) and carry a lot of gear just to sleep, so I gave up on bringing the tripod. Besides, only the Open final was worth the filming.

Maybe I can get a few clips up my next tourney (the last of our regioanl circuit north of Seoul this year) in Pocheon, Korea. I played vs Jeong Young Sik's father in group stage in the Uijeongbu tourney and might end up on the other side of the table vs him or his club div 1 or div 2 players.

I'll prolly be able to bring a tripod for that tourney.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Azlan, I had to sleep in a field tin roof temp sleep place (no gripes, it beat sleeping in the rain) and carry a lot of gear just to sleep, so I gave up on bringing the tripod. Besides, only the Open final was worth the filming.

Maybe I can get a few clips up my next tourney (the last of our regioanl circuit north of Seoul this year) in Pocheon, Korea. I played vs Jeong Young Sik's father in group stage in the Uijeongbu tourney and might end up on the other side of the table vs him or his club div 1 or div 2 players.

I'll prolly be able to bring a tripod for that tourney.

Haha thats so awesome! Sounds like your having the time of your life! Did you beat Jeong's dad? Bet he has some skills ha!

How easy is it to access tabletennisdaily.co.uk in Korea?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Dan, accessing anything internet from here in Korea is usually very easy. Very high speed connectivity. Yeah, I "won" the match vs Jeong Y S father (with a 2 point handicap for a difference in divisions) yet he was only warming up for the more important Team event. I wasn't at my best either that day. Maybe if i am not in bad condition matchday and he is playing serious, we would have a good match straight up. He really keeps a lot of balls on the table and gives you a lot of chances to attack. He pretty much dares you to attack, yet the chances are not as high percentage as they look.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, accessing anything internet from here in Korea is usually very easy. Very high speed connectivity. Yeah, I "won" the match vs Jeong Y S father (with a 2 point handicap for a difference in divisions) yet he was only warming up for the more important Team event. I wasn't at my best either that day. Maybe if i am not in bad condition matchday and he is playing serious, we would have a good match straight up. He really keeps a lot of balls on the table and gives you a lot of chances to attack. He pretty much dares you to attack, yet the chances are not as high percentage as they look.

Really thats awesome!

If I was the send you 1000 TableTennisDaily leaflets could you distribute them around for me in Korea if possible?

Haha glad you won! Good performance beating a legend of a father! :p

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Good vids Dan. Lots of fun. As for the leaflets, if I give out 1000 of them, they would prolly end up as the cone holding your order of french fries in the market.

Lol okay no worries :).. Would just be nice to get a wider English speaking Asian audience on the site here :).

Yeah fantastic videos, ttcountenence videos are always so rich in quality.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk