NEW Butterfly Amicus Prime

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Has anybody tried out the next gen Butterfly robot called Amicus Prime? It has an android tablet as the controller. I started seeing the robot for sale on Germany Butterfly and Portugal Butterfly online sites. There is a new commercial video on youtube with Timo Boll waking up from a dream and playing with the new robot.

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Here's the video: Timo's nightmare!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fbutterflyttofficial%2Fvideos%2F1762776233783344%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Do you know about TenniRobo - the working prototype of the really powerful robot, which has ability to rotate any wheel backwards, has smart mobile app, and actually has almost all functions of professional robot - but in compact size? Also it is programmable, can make series of different shots and shots from "out of the table" place

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Do you know about TenniRobo - the working prototype of the really powerful robot, which has ability to rotate any wheel backwards, has smart mobile app, and actually has almost all functions of professional robot - but in compact size? Also it is programmable, can make series of different shots and shots from "out of the table" place

Where do I have more information about tennirobo? How much does it cost?

This user has no status.
I have bought this and after 1 week of it, I can say that this will be one of the best investments for a serious table tennis enthusiast. My game has improved already after I practiced few shorts over and over again for many hours. my reflexes and speed has increased noticeably in a week.
The best part is that it will send the balls back to you all the time and it can be set in any possible combinations of spin and speed and placement that one can expect during a match. The wireless option makes it so smooth to setup. it takes less than 10 minutes to setup the board and the robot and get going. and the same time to wind up everything.
I am very happy to have this and just cannot wait for the next practice session.

Ofcourse it works best if you combine practices with your serious club mates and with the robot at home. I have 3 days at the club and 2 days at home making up about 10 hours every week (Apart from my 40 hour work week). Pretty cool.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I tried out the Amicus Prime yesterday. We had a little training programme mapped out, including a few Falkenberg-type drills, service receives and openups against heavy underspin (and variations).

The consistency of the ball feed is very good. It is amazing how short and spinny it can serve; probably outside human reach there. The same goes for spin levels. I've encountered my share of heavy spinners, but the extreme ends of what the robot delivered were beyond that.

I thought I had gone past inclinations towards technolust, but must admit, this one revived it. Impressive, and probably even useful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I like the Butterfly Amicus Prime robot for its improved precision, and easy to maintain firmware updates through the Amicus app and bluetooth.

The only thing that I do not like is the 7-inch android tablet that came with it due to low screen resolution / fussy display. I replaced the android tablet with a 10.1-inch Lenovo Yoga Book running Android 6.0.1 with much better screen resolution and much easier on the eyes tablet size. I was able to update the Amicus Prime app on the Lenovo Yoga Book and the firmware of the Amicus Prime robot through wireless bluetooth connection.

Left: 10.1-inch Lenovo Yoga Book Right: 7-inch Android tablet that came with Amicus Prime
30786463158_bd249479f0_b.jpg