Kurashima: We Fielded the Wrong Line-Up

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
This one deserves its own thread.

Kurashima: We Fielded the Wrong Line-Up

Alleged-Japan-hater-n-supporter reporting here.

It's reported Mizutani suffered from lower-back pain before the match with England. Sounds real from a Japanese report on the 28th.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-05-01/doc-ifzvpatr7000532.shtml
Harimoto on the loss,
“今天早上的比赛完了以后,一直在准备他。前一次也输过他,今天我的反手打得不好,对方攻我的正手也打得很好,高球也失误了几个。”
(After the morning match, I'd been preparing for him since I lost last time. My BH was poor today, and the opponent played to my FH really well. I also missed a few high lobs.)

When asked if the loss was due to style match-up,
“这位对手的节奏,我有点没找好。他的节奏不是特别快,也不是特别慢。”
(I couldn't handle his pace. It's not particularly fast, yet not particularly slow either.)

“打得太不好了。(心态)没着急,但没有想到会这样,我今天自己的无谓失误太多了。输了两次,第三次再也不能输了。下一次再研究一下他。”
(I played like crap. It wasn't impatience, but I never thought it would turn out like this. I made too many unforced errors today. Having lost 2 times now, I couldn't lose for the 3rd time. I will study him more next time.)

Original Japanese media report: https://www.jiji.com/jc/article?k=2018050100264&g=spo and https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/201805010000073.html
Chinese media report: http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-05-01/doc-ifzvpatr7754910.shtml
Coach Yosuke Kurashima admitted to fielding the wrong line-up,
“为是否把张本放在第三单打,丹羽打第二场,十分犹豫,到最后都很迷茫。把张本安排在第二场打皮切福特,是希望他可以借势赢下比赛的话,对他而言是很大意义的成长,所以还是决定这么布阵。张本在2月的世界杯赛就曾被他击败,如果这次能赢球,可以极大增强张本的信心。但是被对手完美地击败了,我只能说皮切福特太出色了。”
(I was torn until the end over whether to put Harimoto for the 3rd singles and Niwa for the 2nd singles. Fielding Harimoto in the 2nd singles against Pitchford was on the hope that he would take the match by capitalizing on the good pace set by Mizutani's win. It would have meant a lot for his growth, which is why I decided to go with that line-up. Harimoto was beaten by him at the Team World Cup in Feb, if he could win this time, that would have been a big confidence boost. But he was totally beaten, all I can say is Pitchford played too well.)

“要立即向前看,把眼前的每一场比赛打好,我想我们还是有机会走到中国队的面前(挺进决赛),挑战他们的!”
(We have to regroup and do the best for the matches ahead. I think we still have a chance of meeting China(in the final) and giving them a challenge!)

Japanese netizens on the loss,
“日本队,张本等人应该面对现实,现在看来能不能打进决赛都成问题。”
(Team Japan and Harimoto should face it. Whether they can even make it to the final is now a question.)

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-05-01/doc-ifzvpatr8194493.shtml
Mizutani on the controversial point,
“球破了,他认为这一分应该不计分。”
(The ball broke, and he thought that point should not have counted.)

On playing Pitchford in the 4th match,
“今天对手的表现非常好,自己被他完全压制。回头看这场比赛,自己有许多机会但却没有把握住,直到最后都没有打出自己想要的,这一点必须好好反省。”
(He played very well today, I was totally suppressed. Looking back, I had many chances but failed to translate them. I never played to my expectation until the very end. I should reflect on that.)

On the glasses,
“这次是第一次戴,也是出于各种各样的原因,今后戴不戴会再考虑。”
(This was my 1st time wearing, out of many reasons. Will see whether I will keep doing that down the road.)

Last edited:
倉嶋洋介・日本男子監督の話 (張本は)自分のペースをつかめないと、ああいう(完敗の)試合になってしまうところが課題。修正していく能力がまだまだ。目の前の試合を一つずつ勝っていきたい。
Kurashima - Japanese men's supervisor: (talking about Harimoto) If he cant get to his rhythm, he will be rekt hard like that. There are a lot that needs to be fixed (improved). I want him to be able to win his match one by one

張本の話 本当にひどい試合だった。揺さぶりたかったが、逆に自分がやられてしまった。引きずってもどうしようもない。(1日に)勝って決勝トーナメントにつなげたい。

Harimoto: It was a really bad match. I thought im going to smash him, but i got smashed instead. There's no point in thinking about the loss. One day I want to excel in a tournament.

(rip my japanese)

Jan 2018
Another Japanese report with more or less the same info, but the comments are interesting.

No way, not a partner that can be sufficient
The Japanese team is getting stronger, but it is still not a level to definitely win.
TV Tokyo is getting ****ed hard with gold medal gold medals, but it is not strong enough to say that.
Girls too
Do not force yourself to emotion
When I heard that England won Taiwan, I was able to predict this result satisfactorily. I think that England and Brazil will be the dark horse for this competition.
Especially I think that Brazil will become a rather scary opponent when entering the final league. Their skill is not the ratio of England this time.
Anyway, the Japanese national team has to try not to lose Taiwan warfare. I support you.
If I can not pass the first place, I feel uneasy.
Mizutani's physical condition seems not to be good,
You should not expect too much.
A downgrade England is strong normally.
How to lose Zhang Yim is too bad.
Too much pressure
Mizutani will not get medals unless it is inspired here.
It is interesting for boys because the European team is also strong.
To be honest, boys who are inferior to girls in their team ability can fully anticipate this. It has too much burden on Zhang Zhang, the experience value on the world stage is still low. Japanese ace 's ace is still Mizutani, and its poor condition in Mizutani is casting a dark shadow on the team. After this, I want you to successfully switch and win somehow until I can compete with China in the finals tournament ...
Because it will fuel in the premise that the media can win, does it take extra pressure? .
If Zhang is losing straight,
That means that Japan is not an enemy opponent.

There is nothing to spare.
Does the director not communicate with the athlete when hesitates to order?
It is a person who does not have an international track record as a player, although I can feel uncomfortable to say the director badly. Rather than absolute supervision, I thought that I was supposed to support support other than the big brother table tennis ...
Masaharu Yoshimura may be better for organizations other than China, mood maker ...
If you win 2 opponents Ace, do not be afraid
It would be a problem before in China like this ..........
Are you okay with the Olympics .........?
Mizutani
⇒The stance is big in the modern table tennis world, players who play back swing are no longer
can not win. Oshima says not to say.

Only the instantaneous power and the counter can now win the table tennis world.
(Exclusive only to Fangshu East, if you have an extraordinary body balance you can also pass power table tennis)

footwork
⇒ If both hands swing, footwork is not necessary much.
It is almost determined by the strength of the list and reflexes.
I can not win unless I can return Smash at the counter. Motor vision and reflexes are important for modern table tennis so much.

(Example)
Hong Kong girls' chopsticks
⇒ A player who has won the list strength and back counter more than footwork.

Fore
⇒ Motion capable of deciding counters Ideal handwork if there is visual acuity.
Mima punch is that.

Power and footwork are good.
The hand-held counter which made the list of no back-swing more effective than that is more effective for haste table tennis.
I think that Niwa can motivate you more.
United Kingdom is a country originating in table tennis
Recently it is strong normally
It seems that from the game against Taiwan it will be a match where the real value of Japanese men is questioned. As expected, Mr. Suzumoto and Mizutani must win if they do not win.
I want to think that there is no need to worry.
I will ask Taiwan war.
I think Kurashima resigns at the convention.
It seems that you can not make too cool judgment that specializes on Zhang Hong.
If you look closely it's Yoda Yuji finally got it
Even though Zhang Yomoto was a disastrous defeat in Britain the other day, did he lose 3-0 again?
The director should see the condition of the players and show commitment to winning.
Not only in table tennis but also in international matches, it seems that announcers and commentators decide to cast like medals and Nenbutsu.
I can not imagine a game that I could not avoid. It's strange···
Do not highlight the table tennis boys.
If you are strong enough to lose this way, please refrain from asking only for excessive shouts and guts poses when you take points.
It is embarrassing as the same Japanese. Especially Chorei (haha)
じ え え ぉ お ぶ ん な ん ち ゃ ら
Overthrowing China, overthrowing Chinese say hello to England with his mouth Chinese is overwhelmed by ambush, be humble. . Konnichi Takahara, Thursday, February 12th, December.
It's a fight
There should be more to extend!
But losing to England, what will aim for the world! I will not talk.
Take a break for sleeping too!
It is much fun to watch badminton.
Japan is too weak, I apologize to China.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Another Japanese report with more or less the same info, but the comments are interesting.

No way, not a partner that can be sufficient
The Japanese team is getting stronger, but it is still not a level to definitely win.
TV Tokyo is getting ****ed hard with gold medal gold medals, but it is not strong enough to say that.
Girls too
Do not force yourself to emotion
When I heard that England won Taiwan, I was able to predict this result satisfactorily. I think that England and Brazil will be the dark horse for this competition.
Especially I think that Brazil will become a rather scary opponent when entering the final league. Their skill is not the ratio of England this time.
Anyway, the Japanese national team has to try not to lose Taiwan warfare. I support you.
If I can not pass the first place, I feel uneasy.
Mizutani's physical condition seems not to be good,
You should not expect too much.
A downgrade England is strong normally.
How to lose Zhang Yim is too bad.
Too much pressure
Mizutani will not get medals unless it is inspired here.
It is interesting for boys because the European team is also strong.
To be honest, boys who are inferior to girls in their team ability can fully anticipate this. It has too much burden on Zhang Zhang, the experience value on the world stage is still low. Japanese ace 's ace is still Mizutani, and its poor condition in Mizutani is casting a dark shadow on the team. After this, I want you to successfully switch and win somehow until I can compete with China in the finals tournament ...
Because it will fuel in the premise that the media can win, does it take extra pressure? .
If Zhang is losing straight,
That means that Japan is not an enemy opponent.

There is nothing to spare.
Does the director not communicate with the athlete when hesitates to order?
It is a person who does not have an international track record as a player, although I can feel uncomfortable to say the director badly. Rather than absolute supervision, I thought that I was supposed to support support other than the big brother table tennis ...
Masaharu Yoshimura may be better for organizations other than China, mood maker ...
If you win 2 opponents Ace, do not be afraid
It would be a problem before in China like this ..........
Are you okay with the Olympics .........?
Mizutani
⇒The stance is big in the modern table tennis world, players who play back swing are no longer
can not win. Oshima says not to say.

Only the instantaneous power and the counter can now win the table tennis world.
(Exclusive only to Fangshu East, if you have an extraordinary body balance you can also pass power table tennis)

footwork
⇒ If both hands swing, footwork is not necessary much.
It is almost determined by the strength of the list and reflexes.
I can not win unless I can return Smash at the counter. Motor vision and reflexes are important for modern table tennis so much.

(Example)
Hong Kong girls' chopsticks
⇒ A player who has won the list strength and back counter more than footwork.

Fore
⇒ Motion capable of deciding counters Ideal handwork if there is visual acuity.
Mima punch is that.

Power and footwork are good.
The hand-held counter which made the list of no back-swing more effective than that is more effective for haste table tennis.
I think that Niwa can motivate you more.
United Kingdom is a country originating in table tennis
Recently it is strong normally
It seems that from the game against Taiwan it will be a match where the real value of Japanese men is questioned. As expected, Mr. Suzumoto and Mizutani must win if they do not win.
I want to think that there is no need to worry.
I will ask Taiwan war.
I think Kurashima resigns at the convention.
It seems that you can not make too cool judgment that specializes on Zhang Hong.
If you look closely it's Yoda Yuji finally got it
Even though Zhang Yomoto was a disastrous defeat in Britain the other day, did he lose 3-0 again?
The director should see the condition of the players and show commitment to winning.
Not only in table tennis but also in international matches, it seems that announcers and commentators decide to cast like medals and Nenbutsu.
I can not imagine a game that I could not avoid. It's strange···
Do not highlight the table tennis boys.
If you are strong enough to lose this way, please refrain from asking only for excessive shouts and guts poses when you take points.
It is embarrassing as the same Japanese. Especially Chorei (haha)
じ え え ぉ お ぶ ん な ん ち ゃ ら
Overthrowing China, overthrowing Chinese say hello to England with his mouth Chinese is overwhelmed by ambush, be humble. . Konnichi Takahara, Thursday, February 12th, December.
It's a fight
There should be more to extend!
But losing to England, what will aim for the world! I will not talk.
Take a break for sleeping too!
It is much fun to watch badminton.
Japan is too weak, I apologize to China.

Names????

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Wow. Interesting.

At least people care.

One thing I admire about Japan is people admit their mistakes. This is true even when going in the reasons for their decisions were pretty sound.

We could use a lot more of that in the US.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
he fielded Kenta Matsudaira instead of Niwa against Chinese Taipei

In retrospect he should have done that against England. From the Japanese point of view, that both Mizutani and Harimoto lost against Pitchford is regrettable and a bad result, but Niwa losing to Walker is beyond simple words... Pitchford is probably already or soon-to-be top10 player, but Walker is very very far below that

Jan 2018
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-05-02/doc-ifzyqqip6364550.shtml
Cai Zhenhua attended the AGM as the President of the ATTU. Needless to say, he was approached by Chinese media for his opinions.

On Harimoto after Japan losing to England 1:3,
“昨天我也去看了看张本,不是大家想象的这样,这个孩子还早着呢。”
(I checked out his match, but it didn't turn out as people expected. The kid is still a long way off.)

Cai thinks instead European players, particularly those from France and England, will pose a threat on the short-term. After a poor showing by the Japanese team,
“某种意义上,对我来讲,感觉略宽心。”
(In a certain sense, to me, I feel a little at ease.")

On the 5 gold medals up for grab at Tokyo 2020, Cai said the CNT will strive for all a gold medal sweep,
“教练员、运动员和所有国人的期待是一样的。”
(The coaches, players and every citizen have the same expectations)

On the new coaching staff structure,
“如何发扬继承,发展过程中的矛盾问题如何解决,这个阶段对中国乒乓球来说都是挑战。作为我们来说,肯定要去关注和关心,职责所在。”
(How to promote the idea of succession, and how to work out the kinks encountered during the process is going to be a challenge for the China Table Tennis. For us, it's our responsibility to pay attention and care.")