Stance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys.
I know a guy who is playing with a Deep Bend and he can attack every Ball.
I Think its because u can have more (hip) Rotation with it and ur angle will be automatically more forward which is also important for hard topspin Shots.
Now im a tall guy and i dislike be Bend that hard. But if i do the Quality of my Shots improve significant.
Now my question: do u Share my Points? How much importance do does the mebtioned Points have?

Reactions: Andy44
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
stance is really important, that's just the way it is. there are some tall players like samsonov or m. karlsson but in general yes, it's good to stay low and it's easier if you're not that tall.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It helps if you can do it without sustaining injury. Also if you try to bend so much that it feels totally unnatural, it will backfire. So there is an optimum. Won't be the same for different people even of the same height.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanavasaraja
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
You can't see me...

n3KNjych.png

This user has no status.
Getting low also gets your eyes down near the table and thus down near the flight of the ball (at least to start) and so easier to follow the ball to the bat. I find my issue is more my neck (which I have to tilt back to keep the head up). This has been more a problem as I got older. When I was younger and played 4 hours a day I used to get what we called rhythm cramps in the thighs from the repeated squats and lifting up and down. I don't play enough to get them anymore. :)

Develop your muscles to support a low stance like quads, glutes, etc. so that you can bend properly. This is where physical conditioning and fitness come in as important aspects of sports. It does not matter if you are a pro or an amateur, fitness is a good part of it.