PDA

View Full Version : Chinese hard rubber as a backhand rubber

MarcNorwinSchmidt
05-05-2018, 05:27 AM
Hello guys,

I play my DHS NEO SkyLine 3 (TG2) since a few months. But my backhand topspin or counter-loop aren't good enough. I don't have power and the spin isn't good. Before I change, I played with Tenergy 05 on both sides, but I changed to DHS rubber and to Stiga Infinity VPS V (Blade).

Can anyone help me on my backhand topspin?

Or can give me someone any tips for my backhand stroke?

Thanks,
MNS

yogi_bear
05-05-2018, 06:06 AM
Learn to brush the ball. It is the stroke n contact that give the spin.

MarcNorwinSchmidt
05-05-2018, 06:11 AM
I know how to brush the ball, but if I loop with heavy spin the ball is to low, that means it's hard to "lift" the ball with heavy spin.

SFF_lib
05-05-2018, 07:16 AM
Hello guys,

I play my DHS NEO SkyLine 3 (TG2) since a few months. But my backhand topspin or counter-loop aren't good enough. I don't have power and the spin isn't good. Before I change, I played with Tenergy 05 on both sides, but I changed to DHS rubber and to Stiga Infinity VPS V (Blade).

Can anyone help me on my backhand topspin?

Or can give me someone any tips for my backhand stroke?

Thanks,
MNSH3-50. Works very well as a BH rubber.

I hv used it for about a year. Way better than T05 or T05 FX that I used before. More linear, more spin, easier against backspin and better control. Close to table punch is just as fast as T05.
The only rhing is that it's heavier. Hey but if i can loop with H3-50 using RPB, you can surely loop with it SH.

Passionate about TT

roger
05-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Hi, for BH I think the DHS NEO SkyLine3 is way too hard.
Have you tried this one?
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-skyline-3-60-soft (sponge hardness comparable to T-05)

Sali
05-05-2018, 12:18 PM
90% of power comes from correct technique, only 10% is from the equipment. Believe me changing rubber will not help much. I used many years ago T05fx on my BH with innerforce off blade and I was also thinking that I need more power. Then I changed to all+ blade with slower and thinner rubber on BH and I found more power... How is it possible, it is because my technique improved. After a while I tried my old equipment and most of the balls were going off the table.

MarcNorwinSchmidt
05-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Ok, I understand.
But I don't want to change my rubbers. But I know, that I have to use my wrist more now. Thanks

G_ZHANG
05-06-2018, 12:29 AM
Technical problem, I think you should ask a local coach, and feed you a lot of multiballs.
Forum can't fix technical problem, nor do the equipment.

Lightzy
05-06-2018, 11:39 AM
Hard backhand rubber might not be suitable for what you're trying to do.
All those advice about brushing with wrist etc is not gonna help much because a hard backhand rubber is best used for punch blocks, not topspin and flick. It's quite unlikely that unless you're a very powerfully built pro, that you can generate enough power to use a hard rubber on backhand, and even many pros use softer rubbers for backhand. Definitely not the kind of hardness of a hard chinese rubber, I'd think.

If you're having serious problems switch rubber to skyline 3-60, H3-50 or what I did, the ultimate, the only, Palio AK47 Blue (or yellow, depending)

MarcNorwinSchmidt
05-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Thanks,
Now, I have change my backhand topspin technique and it's much more better!!
Thanks for all!!