Mattenet and the plastic ball

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hi all,

Adrien Mattenet couldn't adapt well to the plastic ball? It's that since the change of the ball he doesn't make part of the French team. I know that he played too far from the table, even if his game was good close to the table, but could had his playstyle impact to the coach don't call him to the French team?

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Yes, thats what I heard, there were disciplinary issues and he did not listen to the Federation or something like that .. . may by @Takkyu has more details ..
AFAIK, he also had some problems with the French TT Federation apart from dip in form. So, his exclusion from team has a political angle as well.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yes, thats what I heard, there were disciplinary issues and he did not listen to the Federation or something like that .. . may by @Takkyu has more details ..

That's what I thought too. I'd like to know what happened if anyone has more information. He's a really nice guy in person and seems to be getting along well with his teammates Ouaiche, Hachard, Ruiz... (all French) at his club PPC Villeneuve. Wonder if it's beef with FFTT or another player on the French national team... He also doesn't play in too many ITTF events anymore either but plays in the French Championships every year.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Before every major competition the French national team does a training camp in France with all the french players. Mattenet refused several times to participate and said ‚I know what I have to do in order to improve‘, meaning that he thinks that the quality of the camp is not high enough and that he prefers to stay in Germany and practise there. At that time he was still playing for Saarbrücken. Apparently the national team gave him another chance but he refused again an was no more part of the team.
In my opinion it is a shame because Mattenet, Gauzy an Lebesson, Ouaiche, Robinot, Flore or Hachard could have been a much stronger team than the actual French team.