Review Xiom Omega VII PRO (Michal vs Dan TableTennisDaily)

This user has no status.
Tons of questions mate:

1. What blade did/do you use with the rubbers?
2. Yours came untuned from the factory? Must check mine, I can’t swear the ”tune-smell” was present when I glued them. Nice pre-buy info to consumers Id think.
3. Good spin when engaged you say? Not otherwise? On softer touches? On serves?
4. Can’t see any speedloss in your video - ”unboosted”, I guess thats just a feel thing?
5. What was your previous rubber? (What rubber do you compare it with in your statements?)

Cheers!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Tons of questions mate:

1. What blade did/do you use with the rubbers?
2. Yours came untuned from the factory? Must check mine, I can’t swear the ”tune-smell” was present when I glued them. Nice pre-buy info to consumers Id think.
3. Good spin when engaged you say? Not otherwise? On softer touches? On serves?
4. Can’t see any speedloss in your video - ”unboosted”, I guess thats just a feel thing?
5. What was your previous rubber? (What rubber do you compare it with in your statements?)

Cheers!

Hi. Thanks for your questions
1. Blade i used in the videotest was an old Butterfly Viscaria, wchich I played for 2 months when my Timo boll Spark was under repair. I glued Xiom on XiEnTing X460 (review of this blade will be avalible next week). Now I use back Butterfly Timo Boll Spark. I maitain all I said about this rubber

2. Yes, definitely not tuned, the rubber smelled like new car tyres, btw producer says the "dynamic friction" technology is orginated from the Snow Tyre industry.

3. On softer touches spin is remarkable lower than ex. T05, Rakza, Tibhar evo. It can be advantage because opponents often hit the ball in to the net. It is quite interesting though, top spin from heavy backspin is easy to do, even at weak shots i think because ball stays on the rubber for a long time but to produce high spin player has to be engaged

4. It is hard to see because viscaria is already a fast blade but when I glued Omega VII it made from Viscaria All+, I could hit as strongly as it is possible but opponent had no problem to block it. When I boosted, racquet restored its power as should be in fast OFF

5. My previous rubber was Tibhar Evolution MX-S I played for 3 months, previously T05

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
So I had a friendly game this evening on my glazed terrace. We set up a TTtable as the dinner table, sports about 12-16 people. Love it!

Anyhwo, the game tonight was not dead serious but we gave it our best I think.

Some observations:

1. No. The Xiom Omega Vii are not factory tuned.
2. Surprisingly unsensitive to incoming spin.
3. Spinny only when engaged, but it get pretty good when you put your body into it.
4. Pretty fast out of the box. (On a TBS)
5. Good clicky sound - feels crisp.

I was struggeling hard with the serve return on the longer serves as this rubber didnt feel as grippy as Im used to. I almost felt I had to let it rip to generate good spin.

Needs more testing, thats for sure.

So far, seems your vid is accurate.

This user has no status.
Im sorry..
Can’t just let this pass without adressing it.

Might be the lowest quality sponge ever to be held in my hand.
I glued these just a few days ago. Regular Stiga glue. Done this hundreds of times.
Id might expect these kinds of craters in the sponge from a rubber thats 1-2years old. Not 3-4 days out of the pack. [emoji19]

a9f5bb59a7e0e2475cba51f4e1c641a0.jpg
a6e5d25e231609e10c31b77cc3d9c81d.jpg

Reactions: bobpuls
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have noticed the same issue with other rubbers which have a brittle kind of sponge (e.g. Donic Bluefire). Also with other Xiom rubbers. Also, this might be off topic but I cannot understand the concept of sponge compression while serving. Since during serve, it is more of a quick brushing contact I am not sure if it is possible to make such kind of contact (e.g. to engage the sponge of the rubber sheet).

Last edited:
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Please pardon, but I must say this. Your review as a stand alone review is good. But, please don't try to be unnecessarily competitive by posting misleading headings like (vs. Dan TableTennisdaily). I believe that I watch reviews to observe the skills which are possible using the rubbers and blades. I really would not like to choose a winner here. Both TableTennisdaily and you have put a good amount of effort for which I must say thanks. But this I am not liking the tone where you are asking me to pick and choose explicitly.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
Im sorry..
Can’t just let this pass without adressing it.

Might be the lowest quality sponge ever to be held in my hand.
I glued these just a few days ago. Regular Stiga glue. Done this hundreds of times.
Id might expect these kinds of craters in the sponge from a rubber thats 1-2years old. Not 3-4 days out of the pack. [emoji19]

Didn't notice issues with sponge's quality. I used Haifu water-based glue which is easy peasy to peel off.