Who will win the Pro Tour Grand Finals!?

• Ma Long

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Gao Ning

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Lee Sang Su

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other - Comment below

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
2011 ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals - Olympic Games Test Event, 24 Nov 2011 - 27 Nov 2011, London, ENG

Click here: to watch the matches in the ITTF Live Stream with Integrated Chat!

Well if things couldn't get any better in the table tennis World, it just did! The ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals is to be staged this week at the ExCel Arena in London from Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th November 2011. All the best Chinese stars are competing! In many respects this is the next biggest tournament of the year next to the World Table Tennis Championships!

Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Wang Liqin will all appear in the Men’s Singles event; whilst in the counterpart Women’s Singles competition Guo Yan, Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Li Xiaoxia and Guo Yue will be in action.

ma_long3_02_11_11_Large.jpg

Photo by: Remy Gros

Two players to keep an eye on throughout the competition is Zhang Jike and Ding Ning. Both players having won this year the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam and the World Cup last week in Paris means they are both course to set records! If either of the players win the Pro Tour Grand Final's, the victory will go down in history as only one player has managed to achieve the Grand Slam (the three titles in one year). That player is Zhang Yining. She won the World Championships in 2005 (Shanghai), World Cup 2005 (Guangzhou) and Pro Tour Grand Finals 2005 (Fuzhou).

Can Zhang Jike and Ding Ning do this! They have a lot of competition that will try to stop them in their tracks. The seedings are below:

Mens Seedings:

1) Ma Long
2) Zhang Jike
3) Xu Xin
4) Ma Lin
5) Wang Hao
6) Jun Mizutani
7) Gao Ning
8) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
9) Lee Sang Su
10) Seiya Kishikawa
11) Wang Liqin
12) Oh Sang Eun
13) Ryu Seung Min
14) Joo Se Hyuk
15) Gao Ning
16) Paul Drinkhall

zhang_jike2_14_11_11_Large.jpg

Photo by: Vincent Kovas

Womens Seedings:

1) Guo Yan
2) Ding Ning
3) Feng Tianwei
4) Liu Shiwen
5) Li Xiaoxia
6) Guo Yue
7) Wang Yuegu
8) Kasumi Ishikawa
9) Ai Fukuhara
10) Sayaka Hirano
11) Li Jiawei
12) Sun Beibei
13) Yang Ha Eun
14) Wu Jiaduo
15) Park Mi Young
16) Joanna Parker

ding_ning_02_11_11.jpg

Photo by: Remy Gros

So what are your predictions of this event! Will Ding Ning acheive the second ever Grand Slam in the history of Womens Table Tennis?

Could Zhang Jike be the first man ever to achieve the Grand Slam in the same year? Will Ma Long make this tournament his 7th major win in 4 months? Can experienced players stop him including the likes of Wang Liqin, Xu Xin and Wang Hao.

This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started and start discussing the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event!

Don't forget to join us in our live stream when matches are playing!

The under 21's event begins this Thursday, so stay tuned and don't miss out!

Enjoy

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
It's hard to omit Zjk, especially when his confidence is sky high at the moment. But it could also be his down fall. Ma Long is always a good bet, though he hasn't been as successful as ZJK, I think he has a point to prove. I am sure he is pumped, and he just might clinched it this time around. He also has the extra rest and training for this tourney since he was excluded from the world cup.

Maybe I am a romantic, this guy nearly qualified for the finals, therefore I am gonna root for WLQ for his swan song.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Of course I root for Ma Long
Liu Gouliang said that he wishs a final between Ma Long - Zhang Jike.
So he can use this match as an addional decision for Olympic Games ...
Besides he said that Zhang Jike's performance was not overwhelming ... it was just normal.
He won WTTC and World Cup but lost all the other tournaments to Ma Long.

I hope Ma Long will win. There are still chances for Olympic Games Singles Event!

Mar 2011
Yup, I can't remember if ma Long met ZJK in a major tournament lately, since Ma Long secured the no1 position. If ZJK is seeded 2nd, and they're divided into 2 groups (like the tennis finals currently playing in London O2), they will meet each other in the semis or finals. That would be explosive. Ma Long would probably say, "hey JK, you won the majors, but you won them coz I wasn't in them" hehehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
:( There was no livestream.

The draw is done:
1 MA Long CHN
2 OH Sang Eun KOR

3 CHUANG Chih-Yuan TPE
4 MIZUTANI Jun JPN

5 WANG Hao CHN
6 DRINKHALL Paul ENG

7 JOO Se Hyuk KOR
8 XU Xin CHN

9 MA Lin CHN
10 GAO Ning SIN

11 RYU Seung Min KOR
12 OVTCHAROV Dimitrij GER

13 LEE Sang Su KOR
14 WANG Liqin CHN

15 KISHIKAWA Seiya JPN
16 ZHANG Jike CHN

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Of course I root for Ma Long
Liu Gouliang said that he wishs a final between Ma Long - Zhang Jike.
So he can use this match as an addional decision for Olympic Games ...
Besides he said that Zhang Jike's performance was not overwhelming ... it was just normal.
He won WTTC and World Cup but lost all the other tournaments to Ma Long.

I hope Ma Long will win. There are still chances for Olympic Games Singles Event!

in comparison with the other chinese players (wang liqin, xu xin, ma lin, wang hao) zhang jike had a great performance. even ma long did better. i think zhang jikes places for the olympic games is save. and ma long will have his seed, when he made the grand finale win ;) both are the best of the best at the moment. no more comment ;)

Mar 2011
QFinal :
Ma Long vs Jun Mizutani
PAUL DRINKHALL vs Xu Xin
Ma Lin vs Ovtcharov
Wang Liqin vs ZJK

QF
Wang Liqin has to role back the years to win against ZJK...I hope he does. WLQ wins.
Ovtcharov just might clinch it against Ma Lin. Ovtcharov wins.
Paul played the match of his life and beat Xu Xin. Paul wins.
Ma Long steam-rolled Mizutani. Ma Long wins.

SF
WLQ vs Ovtcharov. WLQ discovered his form and defeated Ovtcharov. WLQ wins.
Paul vs Ma Long. Ma Long ran out of steam and Paul capitalized. Paul wins.

FINAL...WLQ vs Paul Drinkhall. Paul playing with a big grin, still hasn't snapped out from his win against Ma Long, and WLQ easy win. WLQ is the new champion, Paul doesn't care..he got a huge scalp in the semis!!

hahahahah:D