PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tour Grand Finals 2011

Dan
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
2011 ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals - Olympic Games Test Event, 24 Nov 2011 - 27 Nov 2011, London, ENG

Click here: to watch the matches in the ITTF Live Stream with Integrated Chat! (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php)

Well if things couldn't get any better in the table tennis World, it just did! The ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals is to be staged this week at the ExCel Arena in London from Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th November 2011. All the best Chinese stars are competing! In many respects this is the next biggest tournament of the year next to the World Table Tennis Championships!

Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Wang Liqin will all appear in the Men’s Singles event; whilst in the counterpart Women’s Singles competition Guo Yan, Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Li Xiaoxia and Guo Yue will be in action.

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/ma_long3_02_11_11_Large.jpg
Photo by: Remy Gros

Two players to keep an eye on throughout the competition is Zhang Jike and Ding Ning. Both players having won this year the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam and the World Cup last week in Paris means they are both course to set records! If either of the players win the Pro Tour Grand Final's, the victory will go down in history as only one player has managed to achieve the Grand Slam (the three titles in one year). That player is Zhang Yining. She won the World Championships in 2005 (Shanghai), World Cup 2005 (Guangzhou) and Pro Tour Grand Finals 2005 (Fuzhou).

Can Zhang Jike and Ding Ning do this! They have a lot of competition that will try to stop them in their tracks. The seedings are below:

Mens Seedings:

1) Ma Long (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?174-Ma-Long)
2) Zhang Jike
3) Xu Xin
4) Ma Lin (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?173-Ma-Lin)
5) Wang Hao (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?172-Wang-Hao)
6) Jun Mizutani
7) Gao Ning
(http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?201-Wang-Liqin-World-Rank-9)8) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
9) Lee Sang Su
10) Seiya Kishikawa
11) Wang Liqin (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?201-Wang-Liqin-World-Rank-7)
12) Oh Sang Eun
13) Ryu Seung Min
14) Joo Se Hyuk
15) Gao Ning
16) Paul Drinkhall

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/zhang_jike2_14_11_11_Large.jpg
Photo by: Vincent Kovas

Womens Seedings:

1) Guo Yan
2) Ding Ning
3) Feng Tianwei
4) Liu Shiwen
5) Li Xiaoxia
6) Guo Yue
7) Wang Yuegu
8) Kasumi Ishikawa
9) Ai Fukuhara
10) Sayaka Hirano
11) Li Jiawei
12) Sun Beibei
13) Yang Ha Eun
14) Wu Jiaduo
15) Park Mi Young
16) Joanna Parker

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/ding_ning_02_11_11.jpg
Photo by: Remy Gros

So what are your predictions of this event! Will Ding Ning acheive the second ever Grand Slam in the history of Womens Table Tennis?

Could Zhang Jike be the first man ever to achieve the Grand Slam in the same year? Will Ma Long make this tournament his 7th major win in 4 months? Can experienced players stop him including the likes of Wang Liqin, Xu Xin and Wang Hao.

This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started and start discussing the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event!

Don't forget to join us in our live stream when matches are playing!

The under 21's event begins this Thursday, so stay tuned and don't miss out!

Enjoy

azlan
11-22-2011, 06:02 PM
It's hard to omit Zjk, especially when his confidence is sky high at the moment. But it could also be his down fall. Ma Long is always a good bet, though he hasn't been as successful as ZJK, I think he has a point to prove. I am sure he is pumped, and he just might clinched it this time around. He also has the extra rest and training for this tourney since he was excluded from the world cup.

Maybe I am a romantic, this guy nearly qualified for the finals, therefore I am gonna root for WLQ for his swan song.

Bollforte94
11-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Of course I root for Ma Long
Liu Gouliang said that he wishs a final between Ma Long - Zhang Jike.
So he can use this match as an addional decision for Olympic Games ...
Besides he said that Zhang Jike's performance was not overwhelming ... it was just normal.
He won WTTC and World Cup but lost all the other tournaments to Ma Long.

I hope Ma Long will win. There are still chances for Olympic Games Singles Event!

Scorpnox
11-22-2011, 06:56 PM
I think Xu Xin will do well...

azlan
11-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Yup, I can't remember if ma Long met ZJK in a major tournament lately, since Ma Long secured the no1 position. If ZJK is seeded 2nd, and they're divided into 2 groups (like the tennis finals currently playing in London O2), they will meet each other in the semis or finals. That would be explosive. Ma Long would probably say, "hey JK, you won the majors, but you won them coz I wasn't in them" hehehe

Bryce
11-23-2011, 04:56 AM
All the best to Ma Long! I hope he can make it to the Olympics!:D

WiWa
11-23-2011, 08:31 AM
The live draw will be in 90 minutes from now!

azlan
11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
The live draw will be in 90 minutes from now!

Do you know if it's going to broadcast live on ITTF?

WiWa
11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Do you know if it's going to broadcast live on ITTF?

I'm not sure but I'd assume they will broadcast it if they say live draw on the event page. We will find out soon :)

azlan
11-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanx bro, I would've tried to go to ITTF to check, but I'm in the office at the moment. Too lazy, and going into a meeting at the moment. Thanx again buddy!! :D

WiWa
11-23-2011, 10:19 AM
:( There was no livestream.

The draw is done:
1 MA Long CHN
2 OH Sang Eun KOR

3 CHUANG Chih-Yuan TPE
4 MIZUTANI Jun JPN

5 WANG Hao CHN
6 DRINKHALL Paul ENG

7 JOO Se Hyuk KOR
8 XU Xin CHN

9 MA Lin CHN
10 GAO Ning SIN

11 RYU Seung Min KOR
12 OVTCHAROV Dimitrij GER

13 LEE Sang Su KOR
14 WANG Liqin CHN

15 KISHIKAWA Seiya JPN
16 ZHANG Jike CHN

PlasmaLight
11-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Of course I root for Ma Long
Liu Gouliang said that he wishs a final between Ma Long - Zhang Jike.
So he can use this match as an addional decision for Olympic Games ...
Besides he said that Zhang Jike's performance was not overwhelming ... it was just normal.
He won WTTC and World Cup but lost all the other tournaments to Ma Long.

I hope Ma Long will win. There are still chances for Olympic Games Singles Event!

in comparison with the other chinese players (wang liqin, xu xin, ma lin, wang hao) zhang jike had a great performance. even ma long did better. i think zhang jikes places for the olympic games is save. and ma long will have his seed, when he made the grand finale win ;) both are the best of the best at the moment. no more comment ;)

azlan
11-23-2011, 11:03 AM
QFinal :
Ma Long vs Jun Mizutani
PAUL DRINKHALL vs Xu Xin
Ma Lin vs Ovtcharov
Wang Liqin vs ZJK

QF
Wang Liqin has to role back the years to win against ZJK...I hope he does. WLQ wins.
Ovtcharov just might clinch it against Ma Lin. Ovtcharov wins.
Paul played the match of his life and beat Xu Xin. Paul wins.
Ma Long steam-rolled Mizutani. Ma Long wins.

SF
WLQ vs Ovtcharov. WLQ discovered his form and defeated Ovtcharov. WLQ wins.
Paul vs Ma Long. Ma Long ran out of steam and Paul capitalized. Paul wins.

FINAL...WLQ vs Paul Drinkhall. Paul playing with a big grin, still hasn't snapped out from his win against Ma Long, and WLQ easy win. WLQ is the new champion, Paul doesn't care..he got a huge scalp in the semis!!

hahahahah:D

WiWa
11-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Haha Azlan. We like upsets huh xD. If Drinkhall plays the match of his life against Xu Xin he may win a game :P

PlasmaLight
11-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Haha Azlan. We like upsets huh xD. If Drinkhall plays the match of his life against Xu Xin he may win a game :P

agree. but xu xin hasnt impressed that much as well. he is like mizutani. long time in the top10 but never under the top5 .......

azlan
11-23-2011, 11:46 AM
That is true Wiwa, it's definitely possible! Paul can cause an upset there. It would be good for the British TT fraternity.

beishuangcc
11-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Malong will win it.

WiWa
11-23-2011, 12:11 PM
agree. but xu xin hasnt impressed that much as well. he is like mizutani. long time in the top10 but never under the top5 .......

That is true but he wouldn't really lose to players outside the top-20 I think.

PlasmaLight
11-23-2011, 01:08 PM
That is true but he wouldn't really lose to players outside the top-20 I think.

yep you could see against steger at the team world cup. total domination. but he has to overcome wang hao and ma lin soon.

Steven
11-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Haha Chuang vs Mizutani, again. I wonder what Chuang's thinking now. xD

PlasmaLight
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
:( There was no livestream.

The draw is done:
1 MA Long CHN
2 OH Sang Eun KOR

7 JOO Se Hyuk KOR
8 XU Xin CHN

11 RYU Seung Min KOR
12 OVTCHAROV Dimitrij GER

thats are the hardest drwas i think.

YosuaYosan
11-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Ma Long could win this :)

However I'm still rooting for Joo to pull some great match :)

YosuaYosan
11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Ma Long could win this :)

However I'm still rooting for Joo to pull some great match :)

Michal_Z
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Paul Drinkhall,.. well I dont really think he can manage to beat Wang Hao..
So thats for him :)

So.. Ma Long will beat Oh Sang Eun, because he has too much power for him..
Mizutani will probably beat Chuang, but that is not sure, Chuang can beat Jun,.. it will be close I think..
Wang Hao beats Paul Drinkhall..
Joo Se Hyuk vs. Xu Xin that will be a mach of night I hope!
Too bad its on table 4, probably not be streamed :(
Ma Lin vs. Ning Gao.. I would say Ning Gao can beat Ma Lin.. He has poor form, but Ning is not a great player either..
Another not sure is Ryu vs. Dima.. there noone can say who will win..
Wang Liqin will probably beat Lee Sang Su.
Zhang will warm up against Kishikawa.. lol..

Women:
Guo Yan will beat Park Mi Young
Li Jiawei vs. Wang Yuegu both from Singapore, will be close..
Guo Yue vs. Fukuhara, well I hope Fukuhara can do first upset here :)
Hirano Sayaka vs. Liu Shiwen, that will be a match :) But Liu Shiwen will win..
Feng Tianwei will beat Yang Ha Eun..
Li Xiaoxia will beat Sun Beibei
Kasumi Ishikawa will beat Jiaduo Wu
Ding Ning will crush Joanna Parker.. :)

Michal_Z
11-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Btw.. stakes from bwin:
Wang Hao (CHN)...........1.01 Paul Drinkhall (ENG)...12.50
Joo Se Hyuk (KOR).........5.40 Xin Xu (CHN)..............1.13
Ma Long (CHN)...............1.08 Sang Eun Oh (KOR)....6.90
Chih-Yuan Chuang (TPE).2.56 Jun Mizutani (JPN).......1.47
Sang Su Lee (KOR).........6.90 Wang Liqin (CHN)........1.08
Seiya Kishikawa (JPN)......8.50 Jike Zhang (CHN)........1.05
Ma Lin (CHN)...................1.18 Ning Gao (SIN)...........4.50
Seung Min Ryu (KOR).......2.48 Dimitrij Ovčarov (GER).1.50

azlan
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Wanna be rich, go with Paul...
I'm surprise the odds are going with WLQ, actually it's the same with Ma Long.

Wilco
11-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Ma Long :).

Dan
11-23-2011, 05:19 PM
That is true Wiwa, it's definitely possible! Paul can cause an upset there. It would be good for the British TT fraternity.

I think he can cause an upset to! Hes been training hard according to his twitter account :)

Here he is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2NEPMD1qCQ&feature=feedu

Dan
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
The Men's Singles Matches begin at 7pm GMT tomorrow evening. Be sure to join us in the ITTF Stream + Chat (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php) for the round 1 matches! :)

Michal_Z
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Btw Ryu will play?
He just played somewhere else at that peace tournament.. And tomorrow he is supposed to be in London?
Will he make it?

Dan
11-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Btw Ryu will play?
He just played somewhere else at that peace tournament.. And tomorrow he is supposed to be in London?
Will he make it?

Yeah he probably got a flight last night after the match. Nice little bit of match practice for Ryu i'd say :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

azlan
11-24-2011, 04:50 AM
The Men's Singles Matches begin at 7pm GMT tomorrow evening. Be sure to join us in the ITTF Stream + Chat (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php) for the round 1 matches! :)

That's 2am here. I will definitely try to make it this time. Thanx for the info Dan..

PlasmaLight
11-24-2011, 05:56 AM
nahh ... at this time my training also starts :/

Team Tackyfire
11-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Ma Long and Zhang Jike in the final, think Paul Drinkhall can cause an upset cant wait got my tickets ill be on my way on friday

Ian
11-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Well I bought tickets for Saturday a while back and yesterday I was given free tickets for tonight as well! I'm at work today though so probably won't be able to get to the venue until 7pm. Doesn't bother me though, that's when the good matches start anyway :D

Michal_Z
11-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Well I bought tickets for Saturday a while back and yesterday I was given free tickets for tonight as well! I'm at work today though so probably won't be able to get to the venue until 7pm. Doesn't bother me though, that's when the good matches start anyway :D

Man, Xu Xin vs. Joo Se Hyuk probably will not be on TV, .. if there is a chance, make a video footage of it ;-)

WiWa
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Man, Xu Xin vs. Joo Se Hyuk probably will not be on TV, .. if there is a chance, make a video footage of it ;-)

Ur right, they play 4 matches simultaneously :( We won't get to see Wang-Drinkhall, Xu-Joo, Wang-Lee and Ma-Gao. Would have been better if they just played 2 at a time :S

sarahherlee
11-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Can't wait to watch the matches!!! hope Zhang and Ding can add this one to their titles!! =)

poltery
11-24-2011, 10:55 AM
where can i watch TT on tv guys???? ESPN,Star sports or CCTV???

Team Tackyfire
11-24-2011, 11:45 AM
darius knight has just lost 3-1

Team Tackyfire
11-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Darius Knight has just lost 4-1

azlan
11-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Hi lil buddy, go to ITTV, 7pm GMT...but I think its going to be way too early in the morning for you..

trg
11-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Got tickets - going to ExCel to watch the legends live this weekend - yessss!!!
Sorry, I just had to say it out loud!

Dan
11-24-2011, 12:50 PM

Renz,, be sure to join us in here at 7pm GMT :)

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php

Dan
11-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Got tickets - going to ExCel to watch the legends live this weekend - yessss!!!
Sorry, I just had to say it out loud!

Hehe Im there for the weekend to! I can't wait, its going to be so good! The arena looks awesome!

Dan
11-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Can't wait to watch the matches!!! hope Zhang and Ding can add this one to their titles!! =)

Hehe no Sarah, Ma Long will stop him in the final by 4 games to 3 :P

Michal_Z
11-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Wov Drinkhall won the first game 11:7 against Wang Hao!! :)

Dan
11-24-2011, 08:54 PM
What incredible matches today in the Men's Singles!

The quarter finals are as follows. Thanks to the ITTF.com for the draw

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/qprotour.jpg

PlasmaLight
11-24-2011, 09:03 PM
poor performance by ovtcharow. but ryu plays good at the moment. respect for him, because he played peace cup and now the grand finals

WiWa
11-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Gao Ning beats Ma Lin!!

PlasmaLight
11-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Gao Ning beats Ma Lin!!

so no more magic there. sad ... but i think his career came to an end. the dragon has no more fire

dici
11-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Oh no old fat slow Ma Lin lost.

Matt Hetherington
11-24-2011, 10:34 PM
lol another loss for Ma Lin, surely this is the end! Shame about Mizutani, I like watching that kid play

PlasmaLight
11-24-2011, 10:47 PM
ma lin should start a career as trainer like liu guoliang.

Ian
11-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Went this evening. Excellent venue. I managed to get there for 7pm so I saw the first round of men's matches. With 4 tables all consisting of top quality players all going at once, it's hardto focus on just one match. The best match of what I saw was Chuan v Mizutani. Close game with some great rallies. The Chinese players I saw (Wang Hao, Xu Xin and Ma Long) pretty much destroyed their opponents. They had an area with tables set up so people can play. Definitely bringing my bat with me when I go again on Saturday.

The seating is great. You can sit where you want and there's a good view from any seat. I also happened to notice I was sitting only a few chairs away from some of England's top players, such as Liam Pitchford, Andrew Baggaley, Paul Drinkhall and Gavin Rumgay.

Steven
11-24-2011, 11:31 PM
The blue floor is weird. ;o But I do like how Chuang managed to beat Mizutani in 7 games, after what happened at the World Cup. And I like that Ma Lin got beaten again. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

janus
11-25-2011, 06:42 AM
(ms-R16) MA Long - OH Sang Eun [Full Match|Short Form]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFRg_MK4tc

(ms-R16) KISHIKAWA Seiya - ZHANG Jike [Full Match|ShortForm]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V0TS9gm4Dw

--enjoy!!!

Matt Hetherington
11-25-2011, 08:09 AM
god that floor is an eyesore lol thanks Janus! :)

Dan
11-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Went this evening. Excellent venue. I managed to get there for 7pm so I saw the first round of men's matches. With 4 tables all consisting of top quality players all going at once, it's hardto focus on just one match. The best match of what I saw was Chuan v Mizutani. Close game with some great rallies. The Chinese players I saw (Wang Hao, Xu Xin and Ma Long) pretty much destroyed their opponents. They had an area with tables set up so people can play. Definitely bringing my bat with me when I go again on Saturday.

The seating is great. You can sit where you want and there's a good view from any seat. I also happened to notice I was sitting only a few chairs away from some of England's top players, such as Liam Pitchford, Andrew Baggaley, Paul Drinkhall and Gavin Rumgay.

Thanks for this update Ian. Glad you had a fantastic time! In this case i better take my bat with me this weekend :p

Cant wait to watch the matches unfold

azlan
11-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Quite a scrappy game between Ma Long and Oh. Loads of unforced errors on both sides. Hope Ma Long can pick it up in his next game.

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Quite a scrappy game between Ma Long and Oh. Loads of unforced errors on both sides. Hope Ma Long can pick it up in his next game.

yes but the goal is to show strength. and ma long won 4-0 while the other players had some problems ;) (wang hao, zhang jike)

harrybelafonte
11-25-2011, 09:56 AM
yeah maybe he can win 5-0.... dont think he s dropped a game in last tournament and this one...maybe needs to practice a bit harder...lol..

Michal_Z
11-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Well Ma Lin out as I thought.. :)
I was thinking he will go out in the next round, but Gao Ning made the job earlier, nice..
Ian - question for you: How played Joo against Xu Xin?? Was it Joo playing bad or was it Xu playing supreme??

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Well Ma Lin out as I thought.. :)
I was thinking he will go out in the next round, but Gao Ning made the job earlier, nice..
Ian - question for you: How played Joo against Xu Xin?? Was it Joo playing bad or was it Xu playing supreme??

i think it was both. chinese player can play against chopper. xu xin let him no chance and joo didnt came into his game :P

YosuaYosan
11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
All Asian player got jetlag? lol :D

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Kasumi Ishikawa won :) yeah <3

Dan
11-25-2011, 10:46 AM
All Asian player got jetlag? lol :D

Hehe they get there 5 days advance :).. Ryu had no days rest hehe

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 11:27 AM
kim min seok also won against chen chien-an :)

i read that chen chien-an started playing at the age of 10 -.-" ... damn i started, when i was 9. and look what a nice player he is now ...argh

UpSideDownCarl
11-25-2011, 01:44 PM
lol another loss for Ma Lin, surely this is the end! Shame about Mizutani, I like watching that kid play

It does look like it. I will not fully count him out, but it is hard to argue with the facts. That is 4 times that he has lost to a much lower ranked player in a fairly short period of time.

UpSideDownCarl
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
yes but the goal is to show strength. and ma long won 4-0 while the other players had some problems ;) (wang hao, zhang jike)

Yeah, I noticed this too. Ma Long did not look very good even though he won 4-0. In a way it is funny. As if 4-0 is not enough. :) But he was not really playing up to his usual standard.

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I noticed this too. Ma Long did not look very good even though he won 4-0. In a way it is funny. As if 4-0 is not enough. :) But he was not really playing up to his usual standard.

yeah thats true, but i think it looked that way, because oh sang eun is not a real topspin player from behind the table. he often plays in front with hard counters and blocks. and ma long had to handle this ;)

Ian
11-25-2011, 02:45 PM
This match was on the table furthest away from me, so I didn't see much. Whenever I did have a look though, it seemed Xu Xin's forehand was too strong for Joo.

Here's a panoramic photo from where I was sitting.

I've also scanned the Floor Plan from the programme to give those of you going a heads up.

Dan
11-25-2011, 02:49 PM
This match was on the table furthest away from me, so I didn't see much. Whenever I did have a look though, it seemed Xu Xin's forehand was too strong for Joo.

I've also scanned the Floor Plan from the programme to give those of you going a heads up.

Amazing panornamic photo! Looks so nice in there. I can't wait now!

UpSideDownCarl
11-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Nice. I am jealous of you guys who can get to go watch in person. But I am happy for you that this tournament is in London. It must be a treat.

dici
11-25-2011, 03:51 PM
hm.. liu guo liang was answering some fans' question on his webblog. Looks like he still not satisfy with wang hao performance, and pointing out that there is some serious issue on Ma Lin in term of skill and mentality.

UpSideDownCarl
11-25-2011, 03:52 PM
hm.. liu guo liang was answering some fans' question on his webblog. Looks like he still not satisfy with wang hao performance, and pointing out that there is some serious issue on Ma Lin in term of skill and mentality.

Well there is definitely something going on for Ma Lin. And I would be willing to bet that a lot of it is mental.

dici
11-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Yea, I think one of the reason is that Ma lin just focus on his webblog (the china's twitter/facebook) too much instead of training lately lol

I remember that when I check it during WTTC, he seldom update it. But these days he just post the update like once or twice everyday.

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 04:29 PM
maybe the "one round ma lin" joke liu guoliang made, was not good for him :D now it´s in his head ^^

kiwiNCFC
11-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Question to anyone who has been to the PTF....

Are there any places to eat there and any stalls selling stuff?

Thanks!

Michal_Z
11-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Guo Yan surprisingly got beaten by Wang Yuegu 4:3, 13:11 in the deciding game!
Guo Yan, the women player that got over 92000 points on pro tours this year, what a surprise to go out so early!
So the semis for women: Wang Yuegu vs. Liu Shiwen and Li Xiaoxia vs. Ding Ning :)

Michal_Z
11-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Guo Yan surprisingly got beaten by Wang Yuegu 4:3, 13:11 in the deciding game!
Guo Yan, the women player that got over 92000 points on pro tours this year, what a surprise to go out so early!
So the semis for women: Wang Yuegu vs. Liu Shiwen and Li Xiaoxia vs. Ding Ning :)

UpSideDownCarl
11-25-2011, 05:08 PM
yeah thats true, but i think it looked that way, because oh sang eun is not a real topspin player from behind the table. he often plays in front with hard counters and blocks. and ma long had to handle this ;)

However, in the World Championships didn't Ma Long absolutely dismantle Oh. He was not pushing at all and he ripped every shot. I think one game he won 11-3 and in every game he was up by a ton before he let up. None of the games were even close. When I saw that I thought Ma Long was going to win, and then he walked into Wang Hao who outsmarted him and, after being down 2-1 in games, slowed down Ma Long's attack and frustrated him.

Ian
11-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Question to anyone who has been to the PTF....

Are there any places to eat there and any stalls selling stuff?

Thanks!
Yes, the ExCel Arena has plenty of places to eat.
There also stalls selling equipment. From what I remember, Bribar, Tees Sports, Donic and Double Fish all had stalls there.

azlan
11-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Ian, since you're gonna be there, during the intervals, do you mind so much if you can run across table 1 and 2 carrying a huge banner saying, "HELLO EVERYONE AT TABLETENNISDAILY, THE NO1 TT FORUM!!"...:)

Dan
11-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Ian, since you're gonna be there, during the intervals, do you mind so much if you can run across table 1 and 2 carrying a huge banner saying, "HELLO EVERYONE AT TABLETENNISDAILY, THE NO1 TT FORUM!!"...:)

Haha that is such an awesome idea! If someone did that, would be epic!

Next matches guys on the ITTF Streaming is between the GB Team and World All Stars!

Watch it live here at 7pm GMT: Live Streaming with Chat (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php)

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 07:05 PM
liu shiwen :) c'mon girl!!

Dan
11-25-2011, 07:08 PM
liu shiwen :) c'mon girl!!

I would like to see Ding Ning pull off the Triple! :)

Dan
11-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Awesome the match is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cczzGJxtiKw&amp;feature=feedlik

Matt Hetherington
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
I agree with Dan, seeing Ding Ning win this would be spectacular and she's such an awesome kid and a great player! Surprised that Guo Yan departed so early, I guess great for Singapore to drive in one more knife after the last World Team Champs ;)

Matt Hetherington
11-25-2011, 08:06 PM
aw jees Baggaley and Pitchford choked...

PlasmaLight
11-25-2011, 08:16 PM
I would like to see Ding Ning pull off the Triple! :)

yes thats true. ding ning is very sympatic girl. but my heart beats for liu shiwen :) she is the female ma long

Dan
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I agree with Dan, seeing Ding Ning win this would be spectacular and she's such an awesome kid and a great player! Surprised that Guo Yan departed so early, I guess great for Singapore to drive in one more knife after the last World Team Champs ;)

Haha yes very true. Some players also need to press Zhang Yining's records :P

Anyways, what a match this was in the opening rounds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoZM-3zzOoY&amp;feature=feedu

Matt Hetherington
11-25-2011, 08:50 PM
neh Ring a Ding Ning! lol my friend Simon said this haha

YosuaYosan
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
neh ring a ding ning! Lol my friend simon said this haha

BAHAHAAAa :D

Dan
11-25-2011, 11:54 PM
neh Ring a Ding Ning! lol my friend Simon said this haha

That is quality!! I love Ding Ning she is so cool!

Mr. RicharD
11-26-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm watching Doubles of Ma ZJK vs Liam Baggaley and I have to say there's probably nothing more annoying than Baggalay with his three rubs on the table and the fact that Ma and ZJK are playing at like 50 % power. I get they were trying to give the English team some competition, but it's pretty obvious they're holding back and I'd learn more if they played harder. So I don't know how they'd feel.

4th game at 8-4 Liam is all like so that's what how a World Champ wins a point.

azlan
11-26-2011, 04:59 AM
Awesome the match is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cczzGJxtiKw&feature=feedlik

I love the interview Dan, thanx very much. Also I'm wondering, is there any way for us to purchase the England jersey by Joola? It looked really nice...the 3 lions in the middle of the chest is a nice touch.

poltery
11-26-2011, 07:13 AM
damn i didn't make it in time ...
btw thx sir Dan and Azlan :))

Wilco
11-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Lol, I saw this at 9.12 when I was zapping the award ceremony of the England team.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4371/73366031.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/73366031.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Dan
11-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I love the interview Dan, thanx very much. Also I'm wondering, is there any way for us to purchase the England jersey by Joola? It looked really nice...the 3 lions in the middle of the chest is a nice touch.

Ill ask my English friends in the team like Darius Knight if its possible :)

Dan
11-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Wow im live at the Pro Tour Grand Finals and ive got access to wifi hehe..

The venue is awesome!! Looks so good and will be even better for London 2012. Ill post pictures when I get in tonight! :) Enjoy the live straming here everyone

Michal_Z
11-26-2011, 06:46 PM
yes thats true. ding ning is very sympatic girl. but my heart beats for liu shiwen :) she is the female ma long

Agreed and she just won over Ding Ning amazingly 4:0!!!

Dan
11-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Ma Long is on a crazy level right now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHaZdC1WyM&amp;feature=feedu

This quality is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIe_sfZ734&amp;feature=feedu

Mezmer
11-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Wicked Dan!

There looks like a ton of empty seats behind in the Xu Xin - Wang Hao match. Wish I would of gone now. Great stuff on the recording of that match.

Dan
11-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Wicked Dan!

There looks like a ton of empty seats behind in the Xu Xin - Wang Hao match. Wish I would of gone now. Great stuff on the recording of that match.

Hey Shaun! Long time no speak bro! Hows you?

That was not my recording unfortunately :( My camera broke a few months back and I cannot afford a new one.

Yeah the tournament is awesome! Its a shame you couldn't come down to watch it mate.

Hope all is well

GECA
11-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Ma Long is on a crazy level right now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHaZdC1WyM&feature=feedu

This quality is amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIe_sfZ734&feature=feedu

Thanks a lot for posting it on your site bro!:-)

jedimasterplk
11-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Met MaLin and his Mrs in the Excel centre, quite by chance after the mens QF's - they seemed to be in a bit of a 'deep' convo, I asked for an autograph and got one....his mrs was nice, cos malin sort of gestured initially that he was talking, and his mrs sort of gestured that he should sign it quickly - and he listened very quickly and did! LOL

Dan
11-26-2011, 11:26 PM
I used my phone to take some footage... not the best footage but gives you a little idea what its like at the Pro Tour Grand Finals, and also the Olympic Table Tennis Arena for London 2012!

I must say, I love it! Its quite small will only hold 4000 spectators, but I think it will be compact creating an amazing atmosphere. Looking forward to it :)

Video view of the Arena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU11tFkq-_Y

Photo 1

Womens Doubles Match! Awesome tables, lighting and floor! Lots of debates on the colour of the floor, will be interesting if they keep the blue flooring for the games in London

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/grandfinal1.jpg

Photo 2

Other angle

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/grandfinal2.jpg

Photo 3

Backstage tables for the spectators to have a hit around.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/grandfinal3.jpg

Ill try get some more footage tomorrow, just my phone does not last long in battery.

dici
11-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Met MaLin and his Mrs in the Excel centre, quite by chance after the mens QF's - they seemed to be in a bit of a 'deep' convo, I asked for an autograph and got one....his mrs was nice, cos malin sort of gestured initially that he was talking, and his mrs sort of gestured that he should sign it quickly - and he listened very quickly and did! LOL

u make me so jelous!

azlan
11-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Nice photos Dan. do you get the superstars walking around the arena and buying stuff from the stalls? At wimbledon it's normal to see the players walking around the outside courts and it was so easy to get their photos and autographs.

Oh by the way, did you manage to get into their warm up area? In the English Open you did, and you get to hit with Ma Lin...you should walk up to Ma Lin and say "hey ol buddy, remember me? Fancy a few strokes?" hahaha

PlasmaLight
11-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Agreed and she just won over Ding Ning amazingly 4:0!!!

yes :) maybe she is back on her way to world number 1 now :)

Michal_Z
11-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Wtf guys.. chinese speaking guys..
I just saw interview with Wang Hao and.. I dont understand!
Its like Wang says 2-3 words and the translator is talking 2 minutes, lol..
What he really said???

PlasmaLight
11-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Wtf guys.. chinese speaking guys..
I just saw interview with Wang Hao and.. I dont understand!
Its like Wang says 2-3 words and the translator is talking 2 minutes, lol..
What he really said???

yeah i just saw it on the ittf page. looked very disrespectful. he really said two word and the translator talked that much. cant understand. hope that someone could translate it. i could imagine that is just was like "say this ...". and the reporter is a very sympathic guy. love him :) :) but maybe wang hao had no time, because of doubles finale or something.

Dan
11-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Nice photos Dan. do you get the superstars walking around the arena and buying stuff from the stalls? At wimbledon it's normal to see the players walking around the outside courts and it was so easy to get their photos and autographs.

Oh by the way, did you manage to get into their warm up area? In the English Open you did, and you get to hit with Ma Lin...you should walk up to Ma Lin and say "hey ol buddy, remember me? Fancy a few strokes?" hahaha

Thanks Azlan. Hmmm not so much in this tournament. Its very well maintained. Loads of security. Need pass if you want to go backstage. Its like a complete separate section from the spectators. I was sitting next to Guo Yue yesterday, people came up to her and asked for autographs and she refused so I didn't want to ask for anything, like picture.

That is the only Chinese Star I saw in the crowd yesterday. Maybe it will be different today as the finals are on. We will see.

Haha I would love to repeat that knock again, but this time with my own bat and table tennis shoes lol :)

I will try get some more photos and vids today.

Matt Hetherington
11-27-2011, 10:43 AM
lol I'm sure Ma Lin would love to, he needs all the positive publicity in the world he can get right now haha

Wilco
11-27-2011, 02:15 PM
MAster Long :).

PlasmaLight
11-27-2011, 02:52 PM
clear dominance by ma long. :)

Michal_Z
11-27-2011, 02:55 PM
We are heading to what it inevitable..
Ma Long vs. Zhang Jike final!

After that we will see..
It will be huge discussion I am sure!
No matter who will win (Ma Long :D ), it will be surely a fantastic finale!
A final that a tournament like this undoubtely deserves!!!

xG.ViZoRr
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Ma Long Ftw !!!!!! im So w8less to watch the final! hehehe i think Ma long is gonna win, no doubt but i think Zhang's flips are gonna cuz troubles to Ma Long :P

Michal_Z
11-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Bwin:
Ma Long 1.40 ... Zhang Jike 2.75

azlan
11-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Ma Long had a game plan, and boy did he stick to it. He was standing toe to toe with ZJK on the BH the entire match! He has improved his BH so much, Jike didn't even get a look to use his FH. The variety on Ma Long's BH that wins the game. Side spinny ones, top spinny ones, no spin ones...Jike was out of his depth tonight. Well done Ma Long!! Dan, you should've gotten a back stage pass for TTDaily..after all, he is on TTD website.

Oh before I forget, I am so green of envy that you guys were there!!

PlasmaLight
11-27-2011, 07:14 PM
it was simply a clever and amazing game by ma long. :) good guy. now he joined the list for the olympic games for sure!

azlan
11-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Yup plasma, clever is the word for it. He was focused on the plan, and very disciplined. He took his time in between points, reminded of himself of the game plan, and got on with it. I think the other pros learn a lot after watching this demolition job.

azlan
11-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Ma Long equipment :

DHS Power.G7 (PG7). $22.79 from http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3159.

Matt Hetherington
11-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Intense :) Ma Long really deserves it, perhaps Michael Maze should be a bit more inspired by how Ma Long came back from injury to swipe a handful of pro tour titles and the grand finals and assert himself as by far the most dominant player currently.

Dan
11-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Wow what an incredible final!! Ma Longs forehand is just soo good. His footwork and backhand control is also exceptional!

Me and RIPPER (TTD member) managed to go backstage at the end of the final! Me and him got a photo with Ma Long on my phone. Ill upload later :)

We also spoke with Ai Fukuhara! She is awesome and so approachable! My battery went dead so couldnt use my camera. But we tried with my friends and his was so poor so we took like 5 photos trying to get a good one. Even Ai wanted it to be good lol. She was telling us how she was going to charge us 10 cent per photo lol! Ai also said how she played well and enjoyed her time in London

Anyways ill upload the photos later and hope you enjoyed the matches and live stream here at TableTennisDaily! :)

Dan
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh and Ma Longs signature :)

Dan
11-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Ma Long had a game plan, and boy did he stick to it. He was standing toe to toe with ZJK on the BH the entire match! He has improved his BH so much, Jike didn't even get a look to use his FH. The variety on Ma Long's BH that wins the game. Side spinny ones, top spinny ones, no spin ones...Jike was out of his depth tonight. Well done Ma Long!! Dan, you should've gotten a back stage pass for TTDaily..after all, he is on TTD website.

Oh before I forget, I am so green of envy that you guys were there!!

That is very true! Ma Long was tactically great and believed in what he did! Haha i wish i had one of those passes :p.

Was a pleasure to be there tho! Such an amazing experience!

TableOhTennis
11-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Ma Long is amazing. No doubt.. But I'm still waiting for that day when ZJK can overpower him.. Theyre still young, anyway. hahaha

janus
11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
(ms-f) MA Long - ZHANG Jike [Full Match|Short Form]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_eCBn_EoWM
--enjoy!!!

UpSideDownCarl
11-28-2011, 06:10 AM
And Ma Long had to go through Wang Hao and Zhang Jike. Pretty impressive how well he is playing.

UpSideDownCarl
11-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Ma Long equipment :

DHS Power.G7 (PG7). $22.79 from http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3159.

There is a spot in the video of the finals where you can see the handle of his blade and it does not really look like the handle on this blade.

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 09:12 AM
it´s really fun to see, how the chinese player like xu xin, zhang jike and wang hao can destroy other players on so many ways. but then a ma long is standing on the other side of the table and destroys them. wang hao and zhang jike seemed for me, that they wont to play against him, cause they allready know, that they will lose. :D

WiWa
11-28-2011, 09:16 AM
it´s really fun to see, how the chinese player like xu xin, zhang jike and wang hao can destroy other players on so many ways. but then a ma long is standing on the other side of the table and destroys them. wang hao and zhang jike seemed for me, that they wont to play against him, cause they allready know, that they will lose. :D

Yeah it is very weird, Zhang didn't seem to believe in victory at all. During the match there were two real cho's both from Ma Long, at 10-10 in the 5th and after the winning point. For the rest it was like it was all done before it started xD.

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 09:21 AM
yes but all in all liu shiwen and ma long won :) my favorite players, who are really the same i think :) and i hope that liu is back on her way to world number 1 now :)

WiWa
11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
yes but all in all liu shiwen and ma long won :) my favorite players, who are really the same i think :) and i hope that liu is back on her way to world number 1 now :)
Indeed, both totally deserved. I was hoping for Jike to take it though ;)

Lan
11-28-2011, 10:17 AM
I think Zhang should learn from Wang Hao. Hee is the only player who is actually able to put pressure on Ma Long:D

UpSideDownCarl
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
I think Zhang should learn from Wang Hao. Hee is the only player who is actually able to put pressure on Ma Long:D

Well, truthfully, if you look at it, in this run Ma Long is having, Zhang Jike has faced him several times and he is the only player in the finals or semifinals to take Ma Long to 7 games. And Ma long did beat Wang Hao 4-0 in one match in a previous tournament. He has not done that to Zhang Jike. In fact, this is the easiest time he has had against Zhang Jike. And in this tournament, didn't he take one game 11-2 from Wang Hao? That is pretty dominant. And lately when Wang Hao and Zhang Jike have gone up against each other, Zhang Jike seems to have the upper hand.

WiWa
11-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Zhang should figure out a way to beat Ma Long, if he doesn't he will be nr. 2 for the coming 5 years. Like Ma Lin always was nr.2 behind Wang Liqin.

YosuaYosan
11-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Zhang should figure out a way to beat Ma Long, if he doesn't he will be nr. 2 for the coming 5 years. Like Ma Lin always was nr.2 behind Wang Liqin.

The same thought is going thru my mind bro :)

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 12:56 PM

i think the key is, to beat ma long in the first game. like european player should do it against chinese to get them under pressure. but ma long is a wall and has to much power in the first game. against everyone he is winning the first game very high. i see him often going to a 6-0 lead or something. and then the first game is done. the only one who got it, was ryu seung min at the team world cup, and maybe he could beat ma long, if he is able to play a penhold backhand. but just playing forhand all over the table against ma long is like playing football against a wall :D

WiWa
11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
i think the key is, to beat ma long in the first game. like european player should do it against chinese to get them under pressure. but ma long is a wall and has to much power in the first game. against everyone he is winning the first game very high. i see him often going to a 6-0 lead or something. and then the first game is done. the only one who got it, was ryu seung min at the team world cup, and maybe he could beat ma long, if he is able to play a penhold backhand. but just playing forhand all over the table against ma long is like playing football against a wall :D

I think u are right. The games he wins, he gives the opponent less than 5 points. If he has a 3 points gap, he is gone. If you can manage to stay close to him during the game by scoring smart points, you can take the game and harm his confidence. But it is insanely hard to do indeed.

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I think u are right. The games he wins, he gives the opponent less than 5 points. If he has a 3 points gap, he is gone. If you can manage to stay close to him during the game by scoring smart points, you can take the game and harm his confidence. But it is insanely hard to do indeed.

yes. but its clear now, that he really worked on his mental power. some years ago he was the best player, too, i think, but he had psychological problems while leading. so if it comes to 7-1 lead the game was just close at the end and sometimes it happend, that he even loss the game. but now he lets his opponent no chances. 6-0 lead -> finish it 11-3 :D the games he won against wang hao in the semifinale and zhang jike in the finale was just lower than 5. thats his power now

WiWa
11-28-2011, 01:44 PM
yes. but its clear now, that he really worked on his mental power. some years ago he was the best player, too, i think, but he had psychological problems while leading. so if it comes to 7-1 lead the game was just close at the end and sometimes it happend, that he even loss the game. but now he lets his opponent no chances. 6-0 lead -> finish it 11-3 :D the games he won against wang hao in the semifinale and zhang jike in the finale was just lower than 5. thats his power now

Yep, that's the most important change for him. His mental strength also became clear in the 5th set against Jike at the end. I'm really curious if Ma Long can keep this up for many years. If he does, he can be a legend. But still I'd prefer Zhang Jike to rise up, compete with Ma Long better and become a legend :)

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
i think both together would be a perfect player, ma long has the best forehand, flick and backhand away from table. he just needs zhang jikes backhand flick over the table -> perfect player

Michal_Z
11-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Ma Long deserved his first big title!
And finally he got one! :)

Too bad the season of big tournaments is over for awhile, so lets hope his form will sustain ;)

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Ma Long deserved his first big title!
And finally he got one! :)

Too bad the season of big tournaments is over for awhile, so lets hope his form will sustain ;)

for this year yes, he won the grandfinals two times before, i think ;)

Dan
11-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks to all the amazing youtubers who uploaded the matches from the Pro Tour Grand Finals!

Heres the final!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3USIZQq8M&amp;feature=feedu

Semi Finals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNCA9ckv5c&amp;feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9ngr9Jr1Y&amp;feature=feedu

waldner4ever
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Zhang Jk just got owned by Ma Long!!!
so impressive tactical battle!!!

azlan
11-28-2011, 05:16 PM
There is a spot in the video of the finals where you can see the handle of his blade and it does not really look like the handle on this blade.

That is true Carl. In this tournament, Ma Long was using a different blade, but I'm not sure which one, but I am pretty sure it's DHS though.

Bollforte94
11-28-2011, 07:23 PM
China dominates the world of tabletennis. Ma Long dominates China.

Dan
11-28-2011, 07:37 PM
China dominates the world of tabletennis. Ma Long dominates China.

Haha you make this quote up Tim?

janus
11-28-2011, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=Dan;21560]Thanks to all the amazing youtubers who uploaded the matches from the Pro Tour Grand Finals!

Heres the final!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3USIZQq8M
Semi Finals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNCA9ckv5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9ngr9Jr1Y

===================================================================

Strange!! you didn't see my post with the Final, about sixteen hours before your post ??

If "Heres the Final" what was the embedded video in my post (#130 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1774-Pro-Tour-Grand-Finals-2011&p=21451&viewfull=1#post21451)) ??

# Visit my PLAYLIST with Grand Finals matches (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F76B5660C37F2C) (most in short forms) ::

(http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F76B5660C37F2C)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F76B5660C37F2C

Dan
11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Dan;21560]Thanks to all the amazing youtubers who uploaded the matches from the Pro Tour Grand Finals!

Heres the final!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3USIZQq8M
Semi Finals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNCA9ckv5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9ngr9Jr1Y

===================================================================

Strange!! you didn't see my post with the Final, about sixteen hours before your post ??

If "Heres the Final" what was the embedded video in my post (#130 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1774-Pro-Tour-Grand-Finals-2011&p=21451&viewfull=1#post21451)) ??

# Visit my PLAYLIST with Grand Finals matches (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F76B5660C37F2C) (most in short forms) ::

(http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F76B5660C37F2C)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F76B5660C37F2C

Hey sorry Janus.. Its hard for me to go through every thread and check all the matches. I will post your recording to our facebook page

Tinykin
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
A couple of points. I thought ZJK looked as if he did not want to be there. He appeared to be having problems with his left knee, he was dragging the leg at times.

In the second point of the 2nd game, the umpire faulted ZJK's serve. Does anyone know why?

janus
11-28-2011, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=janus;21598]

Hey sorry Janus.. Its hard for me to go through every thread and check all the matches. I will post your recording to our facebook page

OK Dan, no problem

Steven
11-28-2011, 08:37 PM
A couple of points. I thought ZJK looked as if he did not want to be there. He appeared to be having problems with his left knee, he was dragging the leg at times.

In the second point of the 2nd game, the umpire faulted ZJK's serve. Does anyone know why?

I remember the commentator saying that Zhang hit the ball above the table, instead of behind the table.

Al de Man
11-28-2011, 09:49 PM
What a weekend!

I got photo accreditation from the ETTA, so took my camera equipment along with me and I was working in London during the week through which I managed to organise free accommodation by offering to continue working over the weekend.

I took just short of two thousand pictures each day and I've put a selection of Saturday's on my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/2amphotography).

It was the first time I'd seen most of these players in the flesh and all of a sudden, I was sat no more than six feet away from the best players in the world, adding them to my portfolio. The only problem is it's impossible to follow a match watching it through a viewfinder unless you have a wide angled lens attached so I often found myself looking at the replay of the best points on the big screen.

PlasmaLight
11-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Ma Long shoeas = Mizuno - Wave Drive?

Bollforte94
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Haha you make this quote up Tim?

Yeah and you posted it on FB .... :D

Dan
11-30-2011, 02:28 AM
Yeah and you posted it on FB .... :D

Haha yes, and it received 38 'likes' so it must be Liked :)

Al de Man
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I've just added a load more photos from Sunday's play.

http://www.facebook.com/2amphotography

YosuaYosan
12-01-2011, 08:26 AM
I've just added a load more photos from Sunday's play.

http://www.facebook.com/2amphotography

That is just awesome Sir Al de Man.
Do you (or your team) specialize in table tennis photography?

Al de Man
12-01-2011, 08:24 PM
That is just awesome Sir Al de Man.
Do you (or your team) specialize in table tennis photography?

Thank you. I've been playing table tennis since the mid 80's at a low league standard and in to photography for about five years or so. I started off shooting live music, but covering table tennis was always in the back of my mind when making my photography purchases.

Then, eight months ago, I contacted my local league about covering our city's closed tournament. I've gradually moved up through larger and more prestigious competitions improving my technique as I went on until I'm where I am today. Samples from some of my tournaments are on my Flickr photo stream linked in my signature.

janus
12-04-2011, 09:00 AM
(ms-f) MA Long - ZHANG Jike (private recording) FullMatch|ShortForm/Awards/SlowMotions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZB2kASdih8

--enjoy!!!

judah000
12-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Always knew MA LONG will win ;D

TripleC
01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
2011 ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals - Olympic Games Test Event, 24 Nov 2011 - 27 Nov 2011, London, ENGClick here: to watch the matches in the ITTF Live Stream with Integrated Chat! (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php)Well if things couldn't get any better in the table tennis World, it just did! The ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals is to be staged this week at the ExCel Arena in London from Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th November 2011. All the best Chinese stars are competing! In many respects this is the next biggest tournament of the year next to the World Table Tennis Championships! Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Wang Liqin will all appear in the Men’s Singles event; whilst in the counterpart Women’s Singles competition Guo Yan, Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Li Xiaoxia and Guo Yue will be in action.http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/ma_long3_02_11_11_Large.jpgPhoto by: Remy GrosTwo players to keep an eye on throughout the competition is Zhang Jike and Ding Ning. Both players having won this year the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam and the World Cup last week in Paris means they are both course to set records! If either of the players win the Pro Tour Grand Final's, the victory will go down in history as only one player has managed to achieve the Grand Slam (the three titles in one year). That player is Zhang Yining. She won the World Championships in 2005 (Shanghai), World Cup 2005 (Guangzhou) and Pro Tour Grand Finals 2005 (Fuzhou). Can Zhang Jike and Ding Ning do this! They have a lot of competition that will try to stop them in their tracks. The seedings are below:Mens Seedings:1) Ma Long (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?174-Ma-Long)2) Zhang Jike3) Xu Xin4) Ma Lin (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?173-Ma-Lin)5) Wang Hao (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?172-Wang-Hao)6) Jun Mizutani7) Gao Ning[/URL]8) Dimitrij Ovtcharov 9) Lee Sang Su10) Seiya Kishikawa11) [URL="http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?201-Wang-Liqin-World-Rank-7"]Wang Liqin (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?201-Wang-Liqin-World-Rank-9)12) Oh Sang Eun13) Ryu Seung Min14) Joo Se Hyuk15) Gao Ning16) Paul Drinkhallhttp://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/zhang_jike2_14_11_11_Large.jpgPhoto by: Vincent KovasWomens Seedings:1) Guo Yan2) Ding Ning3) Feng Tianwei4) Liu Shiwen5) Li Xiaoxia6) Guo Yue7) Wang Yuegu8) Kasumi Ishikawa9) Ai Fukuhara10) Sayaka Hirano11) Li Jiawei12) Sun Beibei13) Yang Ha Eun14) Wu Jiaduo15) Park Mi Young16) Joanna Parkerhttp://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/ding_ning_02_11_11.jpgPhoto by: Remy GrosSo what are your predictions of this event! Will Ding Ning acheive the second ever Grand Slam in the history of Womens Table Tennis?Could Zhang Jike be the first man ever to achieve the Grand Slam in the same year? Will Ma Long make this tournament his 7th major win in 4 months? Can experienced players stop him including the likes of Wang Liqin, Xu Xin and Wang Hao.This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started and start discussing the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! Don't forget to join us in our live stream when matches are playing! The under 21's event begins this Thursday, so stay tuned and don't miss out!EnjoyOh really Dan? Are you quite so sure that the Grand Slam is composed of Championships, Cup, and Grand Finals? The real Grand Slam titles are World Cup, World Championships, and Olympics. Pro Tour Grand Finals is still acceptable, but that falls on the Super Grand Slam titles. Super Grand SLam titles, if I am not mistaken, are composed of: Olympics, World Cup, World Championships, World Team Cup, World Team Championships, Pro Tour Grand Finals, Asian/European Cup, and Asian?European Championships, and Asian Games. Get facts straight, Dan. https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/wink.png