Fake DHS Hurricane Neo 3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018

I´m having some issues with a pair of Hurricane Neo 3Commercials that i´ve recently bought and attached to my blade.

My previous H3N felt hard and very linear. My newsheets feels soft and not linear at all.

So, I researched some of the info how to spot fake vsgenuine rubbers and found out that real rubbers should have thickness andsponge hardness printed/stamped on the sponge.

My old H3N which I bought from ttnpp or eacheng hadthat on the sponge, the new ones does not.

I thought that perhaps I got the Nittaku version butif i´m not mistaken that version doesn´t come with 8 edges when uncut.

Before I contact the shop where I purchased therubbers I want to be sure that DHS changed the printing on the sponge.

I´ll supply an image of my old and one of the newsheets for comparison.

Do all genuine DHS rubbers have both thickness andhardness printed or stamped on the sponge? Are my rubbers fake?

Attachments

• 20180513_141643.jpg
    20180513_141643.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,118
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Sorry about the weird format of my post, it´s buggy as hell to write a post on this computer it seems :/

This user has no status.
"Commercial" versions intended for export markets do not have the hardness marking, only thickness.

Ilia is correct. Some genuine H3 neo don't have hardness marking. To verify I would go to the official DHS website:

http://www.dhs-sports.com/search.shtml

There is a unique code on every genuine DHS product. The code is under a scratch-off sticker. You can enter this code into the DHS website, and the website will tell you whether the product is genuine and whether it's the first time this code is entered.

For example, my new DHS Hurricane 301 blade has a sticker on the handle (see picture below). The center part of this sticker can be scratched off to reveal the code. I entered the code into the DHS website, and it tells me the product is table tennis blade and it's the first time this code is entered in the website. So my new blade is genuine. You should do this with all the new DHS rubbers you receive to verify if they are genuine DHS products.

IMG_0264.jpg

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Unfortunately i realised that theres a code after i threw all the wrappings away, the code included.
Well, now i know that for my next purchase.
Guess i can put them on a blade for the kids to play with or something. I sure can't play with them, atleast not if i want to keep my sanity.

Thanks for your help guys :)

This user has no status.
Exactly. Always verify the authentication code on the DHS website.

Legit commercial H3 Neo can easily be bought from Japsko (rapid delivery within Sweden), TT11 (a bit slower) or a good AliExpress seller like Playa Ping Pong (who also carry legit blue sponge dirt cheap).

I bought rubbers from Playa Ping Pong before. It's good. I bought my Hurricane 301 blade on AliExpress too. Seller XVT Table Tennis is quite good too.