Donic Baracuda 1.8 vs Tenergy 05 FX 1.7

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
If you were most interested in spin, I'd think you'd go 2.1

Personally with the plastic ball, and a couple of more recent rubbers opting for a thinner topsheet so they can really go thicker on the sponge, I don't believe in playing with anything but max thickness one can get in today's game. Just my two cents.

That being said, while I never have played with it, there are so many posts out there where people have called Baracuda a just as spiny tenergy. Just much, much slower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
If you are not good enough to control max thickness, why not get a rubber that is easier to control than Tenergy or Baracuda?

So true. Why spend $79 for Tenergy if you're not going to fully unleash it? That'd be looking to buy a Ferrari and asking if they'll drop a v-6 in there for you because you're not ready to drive with that much power.

If you're looking for, and I quote "I'm the most interested in spin and speed." the answer is a max thickness sponged rubber. Every time.

My answer would be T05 1.9
You put the question about spin, and looking your nick, I think that spin is the more you care about.
Thinking of control, regarding spin, a harder rubber may proove better for what you are looking for.
T05fx is softer, with less spin, and relatively higher landing speed /though not absolute one/ in comparison to T05.
T05 may give you more active control with better spin. Don't fix yourself too much on speed. Speed is rather a result, depending on many other factors more than rubber characteristics.
So my recomendation is to try harder rubbers, at least harder than T05fx, no matter Tenergy or ESN tensors.
My personal choise would be Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I'm recovering from a tennis elbow. It took 6 months and started to play recently:) . I like med/med- hard rubber but a light setup feels better atm. Currently I use Joola eagle medium (73 gr.) with Maxxx- p 1.8 fh and Ventus spin 1.8 bh. It's ok but I miss spin,speed and the hardness.

I'm recovering from a tennis elbow. It took 6 months and started to play recently:) . I like med/med- hard rubber but a light setup feels better atm. Currently I use Joola eagle medium (73 gr.) with Maxxx- p 1.8 fh and Ventus spin 1.8 bh. It's ok but I miss spin,speed and the hardness.

Then I would recomend the rubbers from the new Xiom Omega VII family. They are very lightweight and have a lot of spin and speed. With 2.00 mm your bat should be around 163 gr.

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
The difference in playing properties depend on what type of balsa blade. The difference can range from almost nothing to completely different to what you are used to. I don't know the TSP blade, so can't really say.

Normally the blade should feel less head heavy because the weight of the top part becomes lighter, but this depends on the weight of the handles aswel.

I would go for max thickness or middle thickness, but everything works. I use middle thick rubbers (vega pro) on various balsa blades.