Setup T05 and T05-FX on Zhang Jike ALC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Hi everyone!

I have a question about a table tennis blade and the rubbers I want to buy.

I was thinking about buying the Zhang Jike ALC blade with Tenergy 05 (1.9) on my forehand and Tenergy 05-FX (1.9) on the backhand but I don’t know if this will be a good setup for me. I have played with the Tenergy 05-FX (2.1 FH 1.9 BH) on a Donic PerssonPowerPlay blade and this went well but I want to try and find the ‘perfect’ setup. I would describe my playstyle as offensive but I’m most likely to push the ball back on a serve or a defensive ball and wait a little bit longer on the right ball to attack. I’m not the person that attacks on a heavy spin serve because I want to keep control in my game. I always try to play the ball with as much spin as possible. I’m convinced over the Tenergy rubbers I want to buy but will these fit with the Zhang Jike ALC blade?

Now my question is whether or not this will be a good setup for me? Does someone here have this type of setup and recognizes his playstyle in mine?

Thanks!

Last edited:
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi,

I am using ZJK ALC with T05 (max. thickness) on both sides. This blade/rubber combination is for offensive players who favors to open the rally first by an opening topspin whether on table (playing flicks) or away from the table.

This setup favors more of aggressive approach, even when you are pushing the ball by which I mean that this setup would be most favorable if you catch the ball early off the bounce and then make a push. If you are a kind of player who pushes the ball late or have a delayed footwork then the results will not be different from your existing setup. By which I mean that this setup helps in keeping the ball fast and low on your opponent's side but for this to happen you need some important changes on how you approach the game, in case you have a habit of taking the ball late.

So in summary, ZJK ALC is a blade with hard feeling. It helps in attacks for aggressive players who have short, quick arm action and you want to keep the ball low, deep and fast on your opponent's side. It is blade best suited for player who like to initiate an attack first rather than give an opportunity to his opponent to attack first. Also, your distance from the table might also need adjustment. Since this blade is fast and thus with new rubbers you might often overshoot the table.

I have also played in my club with Viscaria and TB ALC with T05 both sides to check the behavior of these setups compared to mine. Somehow, and I don't know why but Viscaria and TB ALC felt a bit slower than ZJK ALC. Although from Butterfly website, all these blades have the same composition and thickness. So ideally, they should behave the same. But out of all these three, ZJK ALC feels the most direct and a notch faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Hi!

To be honest, this is the type of play I would like play. More aggressive and really take control of the game. With my current setup (the donic blade and FH Rasanter R47 and BH acuda blue P2) I don't feel like I can be the first that attacks and the flicks often end up in the net. So this might be the right setup for me I think no? With the T05 this went better so that will be a difference, I am just not sure about the blade. I don't think this will be too fast I just hope I will have enough control with the blade.
Hi,

I am using ZJK ALC with T05 (max. thickness) on both sides. This blade/rubber combination is for offensive players who favors to open the rally first by an opening topspin whether on table (playing flicks) or away from the table.

This setup favors more of aggressive approach, even when you are pushing the ball by which I mean that this setup would be most favorable if you catch the ball early off the bounce and then make a push. If you are a kind of player who pushes the ball late or have a delayed footwork then the results will not be different from your existing setup. By which I mean that this setup helps in keeping the ball fast and low on your opponent's side but for this to happen you need some important changes on how you approach the game, in case you have a habit of taking the ball late.

So in summary, ZJK ALC is a blade with hard feeling. It helps in attacks for aggressive players who have short, quick arm action and you want to keep the ball low, deep and fast on your opponent's side. It is blade best suited for player who like to initiate an attack first rather than give an opportunity to his opponent to attack first. Also, your distance from the table might also need adjustment. Since this blade is fast and thus with new rubbers you might often overshoot the table.

I have also played in my club with Viscaria and TB ALC with T05 both sides to check the behavior of these setups compared to mine. Somehow, and I don't know why but Viscaria and TB ALC felt a bit slower than ZJK ALC. Although from Butterfly website, all these blades have the same composition and thickness. So ideally, they should behave the same. But out of all these three, ZJK ALC feels the most direct and a notch faster.

Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say that if you want to play that kind of game, then it is better to practice taking the ball early with your current setup. Since it offers more control. Using a very fast blade and then trying to learn timing and angles for ball contact could be really frustrating.
My suggestion is that you master the short stroke and timing with your current setup and then think about this upgrade.

But I think that you have already made up your mind? Haven't you? :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Yeah I got my mind set on an other blade.

Right now i’m looking for the Timo Boll ALC. I just saw the review of Dan with Timo Boll about this blade and they say it is not too fast and has good control. But I was also looking for the innerforce layer ZLF but this one is softer. Actually I don’t know the difference between ALC, ZLC and ZLF. I’ve only played with an all wood blade and I don’t know what the main differences will be with an ALC, ZLC or ZLF.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I played with the boll ALC today with on the FH the rasanter r47 and the backhand the T80-fx. I’m pretty surprised with this setup. My backhand was much better and the forehand spins felt great. I don’t think there is a difference between the boll ALC and the ZJK ALC or am I wrong? At this moment I want to go for the ZJK ALC (if there is no difference with the boll ALC) with the T05 (1,9) on the forehand and the T80-FX (1,9) on the backhand. I think this will be the best setup for me :) and I prefer a blade to have the anatomic handle as this suits my hand better :)

Last edited: