What equipment is Harimoto Tomokazu using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I know he is using a custom butterfly blade. I don't know what rubbers he is currently using. All of the resources I've found have different results, but the only consistent thing is Tenergy 05 fx on the BH.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Innerforce ALC w/ ZJK ALC handles, T05/T05, as of May, 2018. Kurashima told the press he switched to a harder T05 after WTTC Halmstad. Not sure if it's FH, BH, or both.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
From the Japan Open Finals vs ZJ:

PjLCrlE.jpg

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Innerforce ALC w/ ZJK ALC handles, T05/T05, as of May, 2018. Kurashima told the press he switched to a harder T05 after WTTC Halmstad. Not sure if it's FH, BH, or both.

I thought he switched back to T05 FX, or was it before WTTC Halmstad. Assuming he uses T05 on backhand now it seems to work for him, his backhand was beefier than ever this week.

Oh I see Butterfly already updated their page: https://www.butterfly.co.jp/players/detail/harimoto-tomokazu.html

Tenergy 05 on both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
JNT's coaching staff said few years ago that they may need to look into developing "national" version of rubbers. Although Butterfly would be the last maker I expect to do things like that, they could change their mind...

and keep it as a professional player only thing? Butterfly could crap ton of money selling those for $150 if it's really better than T05.

Sad thing is it's been 10 years and Tenergy is still the best overall rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
and keep it as a professional player only thing? Butterfly could crap ton of money selling those for $150 if it's really better than T05.

Sad thing is it's been 10 years and Tenergy is still the best overall rubber

That's exactly my(and people inside Butterfly's) thought. Truth is, they pride themselves in their quality control so there aren't many "especially well made" rubbers in their production line. Pros do get their first hand on it and get to choose the subtle spec (Matsudaira always pick Tenergy with right colour) but that's about it.

I haven't been in touch for past few years so it could've all changed but I highly doubt it.

Jan 2018
After some more digging, he actually tried switching his BH to a harder rubber before the WTTC but gave up after he hurt his wrist. He switched again after getting whooped at the WTTC.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
As it seems legendary Butterfly TBS blade is history I have a feeling soon he'll be using new Butterfly THS blade,
Tomokazu Harimoto Scream :)

Btw, well done Tomokazu !!!
No.. They'll most likely (if the even make one) do an Innerforce ALC since that isn't under a players name like the IF ALC.

Do a little thinking and you realise that the TBS is already under Timo Boll (ALC) and Kenta Matsudaira.

Actually from what I've seen at T2 (I was a ball boy there), his blade is a custom BTY blade with ZLC on the forehand and ALC on the backhand. Well, as for the handle maybe because the ZJK handle feels more comfortable as its a lot smoother compared to other handles like TB series or Viscaria.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Actually from what I've seen at T2 (I was a ball boy there), his blade is a custom BTY blade with ZLC on the forehand and ALC on the backhand. Well, as for the handle maybe because the ZJK handle feels more comfortable as its a lot smoother compared to other handles like TB series or Viscaria.

Interesting! You had it hand and identified ZLC vs. ALC layers just by looking at it? Or someone told you there? Thx

Reactions: Suga D