PDA

View Full Version : I met Ma Long

Dan
11-27-2011, 10:42 PM
So after an amazing weekend of table tennis at the London Pro Tour Grand Finals! I was just about to leave when I got a phone call from my best friend Myles Collins! He said he just entered the building (just as the Mens Singles final had just finished lol)! He was to late to watch it. However, to make up for this, we found ourselves backstage! And luckily Ma Long came out of no where, and we managed to get a shot on my phone. Not the best quality but pretty cool. Ma Long held the TTD leaflet of himself which is pretty cool!

He also signed the back of it with his signature! :)

We also spoke with Ai Fukuhara! She is awesome and so approachable! My battery went dead so couldnt use my camera. But we tried with my friends and his was so poor so we took like 5 photos trying to get a good one. Even Ai wanted it to be good lol. She was telling us how she was going to charge us 10 cent per photo lol! Ai also said how she played well and enjoyed her time in London.

Hope you all enjoyed the Pro Tour Grand Finals! What an amazing event it was! I think the London 2012 Olympics will be very promising when the Excel Arena is packed out!

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/danmalong.jpg

Matt Hetherington
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Boo Myles Collins! lol

Evan01
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Buy a better mobile phone :-) Anyway great picture :-D

Dan
11-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Buy a better mobile phone :-) Anyway great picture :-D

I have the Samsung Galaxy S2. Phones don't get much better hehe. Just happy i took it. Battery was on 1% lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Evan01
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Samsung Galaxy S2 is a killer phone...If you go to such big event,a camera is a must have :-D

Dan
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Samsung Galaxy S2 is a killer phone...If you go to such big event,a camera is a must have :-D

Hehe your so right! My last one broke, i will invest in a new one soon :)

justin.gee.
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Congrats Dan! Were you starstruck? XD

Evan01
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Oh...and where are the photos with Ai Fukuhara ?????? :-)

Dan
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Congrats Dan! Were you starstruck? XD

Thanks Justin, and welcome to the site. Yeah it was really surreal and he was in a rush so was quite difficult. But hes a real cool guy and gave signatures to all who asked :)

Dan
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM

On my friends tho, he will send to me when he can. Quality is real bad on his phone tho

Evan01
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
No problem..but a photo with Ai fukuhara is a memory for lifetime..please share it with us :-)

Team Tackyfire
11-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Great tourament Cant wait until mens world cup in liverpool (Echo Arena) won't be as far to travel

UpSideDownCarl
11-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Awesome. How cool is that to get a photo of yourself with Ma Long right after he destroyed all the competition.

sunilcse04
11-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Please upload Ai's pic.. it does not matter if its bad.. u guys sud carry some small digicam for such events..

TableOhTennis
11-28-2011, 06:46 AM
so lucky!! you didnt meet zjk?? :)

CTTC
11-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Dan,

Slightly off topic, but have you modded your SGS II yet? A new Rom will give you better battery and even better quality pics for the future. Ie 20% battery loss over 18 hours......

Gutted I missed this, just got back from 3 weeks honeymoon in India and Qatar.

Dc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CheckRom Rev Hd in association with Tapatalk.

WiWa
11-28-2011, 07:59 AM
That's amazing Dan!! It doesn't stop with the pro's and TTD does it xD

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 09:15 AM
nice photo dan :)
looking forward to see the photo with ai. i really like the new female generation of japanese players. ai fukahara, kasumi ishikawa. the really enjoy the tournements and have fun during the interviews. like ma long have it :D he is the only one who smiles during the interviews! :)

YosuaYosan
11-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Great stuff this is :D
And OMG Dan you look like soooo... Beardy? LOL

poltery
11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
damn im super duper x 100000000000 jealous to the max :PPPP

kiwiNCFC
11-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I went yesterday and really enjoyed it! At around 12.30pm i was wandering outside in the main hallway when i saw Ma Long walk past me! I looked at him and he nodded at me, I was like wow! Then, i saw him que and buy a subway! I regret not asking for a photo now but evermind :mad:

Will upload some pics in a minute!

Matt Hetherington
11-28-2011, 10:42 AM

Yea Dan where the fukuhara are those photos with Ai ;)

nabilatouni
11-28-2011, 11:29 AM
You're sooo lucky Dan (i'm jealous :o)

Dan
11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Great tourament Cant wait until mens world cup in liverpool (Echo Arena) won't be as far to travel

Yeah that will be amazing! I will be the one having to travel the other side of the country now hehe :)

Please upload Ai's pic.. it does not matter if its bad.. u guys sud carry some small digicam for such events..

I will upload her picture as soon as Myles sends it to me. Its on his phone, the quality is real bad, you should of seen Ai laughing ha! :)

so lucky!! you didnt meet zjk?? :)

Nah he wasn't around. He went in seconds after losing to Ma Long :(

Dan,

Slightly off topic, but have you modded your SGS II yet? A new Rom will give you better battery and even better quality pics for the future. Ie 20% battery loss over 18 hours......

Gutted I missed this, just got back from 3 weeks honeymoon in India and Qatar.

Dc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CheckRom Rev Hd in association with Tapatalk.

Nice to see you using Tapatalk Dc :)

How you finding it?

Hope you had a fantastic time on your honey moon! Congratulations :)

Hmm regarding the phone, I always keep display low, and make sure no programs are running, but over the course of a day the battery will not last long. How do you mean Rom? and how can you increase quality of photo? :) thanks

Great stuff this is :D
And OMG Dan you look like soooo... Beardy? LOL

Haha, I have a beard because I am doing it for Movember with my house mates. We have 3 days left until we can shave it all off. Phew!

I went yesterday and really enjoyed it! At around 12.30pm i was wandering outside in the main hallway when i saw Ma Long walk past me! I looked at him and he nodded at me, I was like wow! Then, i saw him que and buy a subway! I regret not asking for a photo now but evermind :mad:

Will upload some pics in a minute!

Haha that must of been surreal seeing Ma Long outside a subway LMAO! I didn't even bother getting a subway the que had around 100 people when I checked! However, might of changed my mind if I saw Ma Long in it lol!

Lol love the terminology!! :P tell Myles to hurry up! :D

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
next tournement: dan goes backstage. giving ma long the picture he made now and does a new photo. this will happens a lot more times. and then we have ma long with an endless photo in his hands :D

Dan
11-28-2011, 06:04 PM
next tournement: dan goes backstage. giving ma long the picture he made now and does a new photo. this will happens a lot more times. and then we have ma long with an endless photo in his hands :D

LMAO thats funny! like what someone wrote on my fb status... A picture inside the picture inside a picture lol

PlasmaLight
11-28-2011, 06:35 PM
LMAO thats funny! like what someone wrote on my fb status... A picture inside the picture inside a picture lol

yeah right :D do it!!

Dan
11-28-2011, 06:46 PM
yeah right :D do it!!

Haha Ive had to much luck at tournaments in my time Plasa... maybe its time to retire lol :)

Michal_Z
11-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Dan how you talked with him???
He doesnt speak english.. or you speak chinese? :)

Or was it just hands legs talking? :D

Dan
11-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Dan how you talked with him???
He doesnt speak english.. or you speak chinese? :)

Or was it just hands legs talking? :D

Haha just hands, legs and the rest lol... They do say communication is 55% body language Michal hehe :)

Mr. RicharD
11-28-2011, 08:02 PM
This is off topic, but a friend got a pic with Fang Bo at the Baltimore Teams event in the U.S. this past weekend. I was all like. Dude that's Fang Bo. I didn't even know he was coming to the event. We typically get a lot of lower unknown players at our Teams event, but oddly enough Xu Xin came to the event and then he started rising up in the rankings. I wonder if this is Fang Bo's time to start his rise?

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376649_247977005263873_100001547261358_665059_878456350_n.jpg

Ian
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Hahaha! I'll have to use that one :D

azlan
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Brilliant photo Dan, envy just wouldn't quite describe what I am feeling now, buddy.:D Looking forward to see the Ai Fukuhara photo. From what you said, the champ was a real gentleman.

Dan
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Brilliant photo Dan, envy just wouldn't quite describe what I am feeling now, buddy.:D Looking forward to see the Ai Fukuhara photo. From what you said, the champ was a real gentleman.

Thanks Azlan! Yeah he is a real cool dude! :)

Haha that photo will be uploaded as soon as possible, when my friend sends it to me :)

Heres the signature Ma Long signed on the back of the paper I had of him

PlasmaLight
11-29-2011, 04:02 PM
hope, you told him, that he should be registered here ;)

Dan
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
hope, you told him, that he should be registered here ;)

Haha if he had more time I could of made an account on my phone with him! :) ... I doubt he would ever log in tho lol

PlasmaLight
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
they are bored, when they travel to tournements or home. their smartphones are their best friends. so he can chat with us, after tournements :P

WiWa
11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
they are bored, when they travel to tournements or home. their smartphones are their best friends. so he can chat with us, after tournements :P

Good point haha. Then they can put their tablets to good use instead of playing games :)

Dan
11-30-2011, 02:27 AM
Good point haha. Then they can put their tablets to good use instead of playing games :)

Lol yeah as spotted on Xu Xin's Ipad in the other thread :)

However, they are probably just having loads of fun with their Weibo accounts to the millions of Chinese Table Tennis Fans out there :)

Matt Hetherington
11-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Hahaha! I'll have to use that one :D

Glad you liked it :P haha

Matt Hetherington
11-30-2011, 05:20 AM
Lol yeah as spotted on Xu Xin's Ipad in the other thread :)

However, they are probably just having loads of fun with their Weibo accounts to the millions of Chinese Table Tennis Fans out there :)

See that's why I can't get my blog out there, China can't access blogger. Design flaw perhaps lol

Dan
02-24-2012, 06:59 PM
See that's why I can't get my blog out there, China can't access blogger. Design flaw perhaps lol

Aha, I don't believe they can access TTD can they? China's internet is well regulated

rhonis
02-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Aha, I don't believe they can access TTD can they? China's internet is well regulated

Well that's not totally true. When I was in China I noticed that my Blogspot/blogger website wasn't accessible. Then I noticed every young person could pass the Chinese blockage. For my own use I used a proxy site (sneakmyass.in, nice name :p). But most Chinese have a kind of special account so they can use Facebook and stuff.

Dan
02-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Well that's not totally true. When I was in China I noticed that my Blogspot/blogger website wasn't accessible. Then I noticed every young person could pass the Chinese blockage. For my own use I used a proxy site (sneakmyass.in, nice name :p). But most Chinese have a kind of special account so they can use Facebook and stuff.

Ah I see, thanks for that :)... Quite interesting how China websites are heavily regulated however everyone can still access them through using proxy sites