World Veteran Championships 2018!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
FINALS Live Steaming:

Jorg Rosskopf vs Chen Weixing! Men's Over 45's Singles

Jorgen Persson vs Andras Podpinka! Men's Over 50's Singles

The prestigious World Veteran Championships takes place next week from the 18th-24th June 2018 in LAS VEGAS. There are over 5000 participants from 97 countries, this event is going to be extraordinary with the worlds best over 40's players participating!

worldvetts2018ttd.png

The official World Veterans Site is here.

Usually on TableTennisDaily we add the schedules of each event, due to the sheer size it would be impossible! Check out the groups and draw here. To give you a size of the scale of the event there are 93 groups just in the over 40's category!

Here are some key players to look out for:

Jorgen Persson - World Singles Champ 1991
Jorg Rosskopf - World Doubles Champion 1989
Chen Weixing - World Quarter Finalist 2003
Zoran Kalinic - World Doubles Champion 1983
Istvan Jonyer - World Singles Champion 1975
Erik Lindh - Olympic Bronze Medalist
Cheng Ying Hua - 2x U.S. Open champ
Jasna Rather - Olympic bronze medalist doubles 1988
Anna -Carin Ahlquist Paralympic gold medalist Rio
Georg Bohm 4 x German singles champion
Ding Yi
Allan Bentsen

Who's attending? TableTennisDaily's Dan will be there to feature the event with some cool vlogs, interviews and more!

Stay tuned!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I will not be there :(

In our club we tryed to help one of the coaches, who is the current national champion 50+ here, but couldn't finance :confused:

Yes, cost is a significant issue (4 years ago it was in New Zealand, which was likely even more of a challenge for some folks). I suspect visa problems could be a factor too, organizers mentioned quite a few recent withdrawals.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Visa problems and injuries have definitely been an issue for attendance. Right now the entries are holding just below 4,000. Still the event broke the record for the highest number of participating countries, so it's going to be a stunner!

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I spotted David Zhuang on the list. He's 6 time US National Men's Champion, 9 times US Men's Doubles Champion, 6 times US Mixed Doubles Champion, and 3 time US Olympian.

Yup - he also ended up in the same group (player #4 :rolleyes:) as Ding Yi, presumably #1 overall seed in this age group. Two players advance into championship round, so he's probably OK, but still, seeding could've been better.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi