Ma Long is the most deserving player for 2012 Olympics

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Ma Long is the Winner Of ITTF Pro tour finals.

Ma long Smashed the world top players in such an important event. What an amazing performance , played like Super-Man.

He is currently the most eligible person for 2012 London Olympics. No one else can match his current form .

I cant never forget his ultimate rallies against Wang Hao and Zhang jike.:cool:

I just want him to be in the team for London Olympics. What are your opinions ..???

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
But what about Wang hao... we cant underestimate Wang Hao also.......... He's a gr8 player...

If there would be 2 player to pick I wouldn't know a reason to go with others that Zhang Jike and Ma Long if you want the strongest two. Wang Hao is a great player, but not as great as Zhang and Ma at the moment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
But the coach said that Zhang is too arogant...
The olympics are way too important to fail by too much confidence or something.
MA long wil go but the second place is not decided i think

I don't think that will happen. Wang Hao is just not as good as Zhang Jike, wether he is arrogant or not. Against practically any random player, Zhang has a better chance to win than Wang at the moment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I don't think that will happen. Wang Hao is just not as good as Zhang Jike, wether he is arrogant or not. Against practically any random player, Zhang has a better chance to win than Wang at the moment.

i agree with wiwa. arroganz does not count. everything they want, is, that a chinese player wins the tournement. and ma long and zhang jike are the two best at the moment. you cant list all players, because they were good. you cant nominate ma lin cause he won the olympics three years ago ;) and you cant nominate wang liqin cause he won the wttc three times. and not wang hao cause he was the number 1 for long time. the are getting old and liu guoliang know it. its time for the new generation. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Zhang jike lost every single match he played against Ma Long. So i think he'll get some advantage over zjk in the selection process..

But what's more important is how they perform against non-Chinese players, and they're pretty equal at that: I don't think they've lost a single match for about half a year(?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010

Hmmm this I actually don't think so. It has been a bit iffy after Wang Hao lost to Octvarchov, but otherwise, Zhang Jike actually performs worse against many of the non-Chinese players, which after all is the most important consideration for the Chinese national team. Zhang Jike lost to one of the korean players this year. Players with good backhands tend to actually play a lot better against ZJK than they do against Wang Hao. A lot of european players tend to have trouble and are not as used to Wang Hao's style as they are to ZJK's. People like Bastian Steger, even though ZJK still beats them, tend to do better against ZJK than they otherwise would do against someone like Wang Hao.

I don't think the arrogance factor really matters. From what I have seen of ZJK, the bigger the stage, the more clutch he tends to be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hmmm this I actually don't think so. It has been a bit iffy after Wang Hao lost to Octvarchov, but otherwise, Zhang Jike actually performs worse against many of the non-Chinese players, which after all is the most important consideration for the Chinese national team. Zhang Jike lost to one of the korean players this year. Players with good backhands tend to actually play a lot better against ZJK than they do against Wang Hao. A lot of european players tend to have trouble and are not as used to Wang Hao's style as they are to ZJK's. People like Bastian Steger, even though ZJK still beats them, tend to do better against ZJK than they otherwise would do against someone like Wang Hao.

I don't think the arrogance factor really matters. From what I have seen of ZJK, the bigger the stage, the more clutch he tends to be.

ZJK maybe drops more games, but that has also to do with the fact that he likes to be lazy until he has to go all-out. If he loses games, like against Kishikawa in the Grand Finals, he can make it up by stepping up his game. He did the same against Ovcharov in the World Cup. That is his problem, that he doesn't give it his all from the start. What u say about Wang's playing style is true, but that means that those players would cause him even more trouble after getting used to his game. This is not or less the case when they play against Zhang Jike. I think it would be a big risk for the Chinese team to let anyone other than ZJK/Ma Long play the most important matches. ZJK is at his best when it matters. Even though he might perform bad, he won't lose. Wang Hao is more likely to lose when he performs bad those days. He doesn't have the extra in the tank that ZJK has.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011

I agree with scylla.. We cant predict Zhang's game against non-chinese players.. But one thing is sure ... Ma Long must be fixed for the London Olympics.. He cant be skipped... :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I agree with scylla.. We cant predict Zhang's game against non-chinese players.. But one thing is sure ... Ma Long must be fixed for the London Olympics.. He cant be skipped... :D

yes scylla is right. but you cant nominate a folling star, when there is a growing star, only for the reason, that wang hao maybe will win 4-2 against boll and zhang jike only 4-3 or some stupid stuff :D wang hao becomes weaker and weaker ... and zhang jike stronger and stronger. thats it

says siema:_) kfjajdkjapadoapfkdal
says siema:_) kfjajdkjapadoapfkdal
Nov 2010
zhang go for sure. but as to the longa can be a problem because in one of the reports about the coaches talk about his weak psyche in the most important tournaments in the world team championships and loss of timo, in the world cup with Samsonov and of course the individual championship of the world where losing the most important moments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Zhang has lost all but 1 match against Ma Long. Wang Hao is an Olympic Veteran having medaled twice at Silver. He has a hunger for it like none of the other players having missed it twice. It's his last item for the Grand Slam so I wouldn't take that out of account. I don't think there's anyone on the team who wants the gold more than he does right now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I have to agree with Mr.RicharD on that one, Wang Hao will be gunning for a gold medal if he makes the cut big time

That hunger might as well make him perform worse, putting himself under that pressure. Wang Hao is almost used to being number two. First behind Ma Lin or Wang Liqin and more recently behind Zhang Jike or Ma Long.

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
I don't have problems with Zhang Jike and Ma Long in the Olympics... :D They're on top of the game right now!
But I'm kinda doubting on Wang Hao. he's been too depressed lately..... i dunno..
Xu Xin was soo close to beating Wang Hao.. He's a good option also.
And the fact that Xu Xin played 7 games with Wang Hao means they're like "on the same level" right now.. I dunno..