Forehand Drive Technique

This user has no status.
Forehand Drive Technique Help?

Hi guys, I started to play when I was 13, which I played for fun and got better with my own habits. Now that I am 15 and joined some training sessions recently I found out my habit was really bad for the original technique so I tried to correct myself, and recorded some of my strokes, can anyone comment on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SaUHinyq08
I really suck at backhand topspins, I need the best way to improve on it, thanks all. I am the boy in white.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi guys, I started to play when I was 13, which I played for fun and got better with my own habits. Now that I am 15 and joined some training sessions recently I found out my habit was really bad for the original technique so I tried to correct myself, and recorded some of my strokes, can anyone comment on this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SaUHinyq08
I really suck at backhand topspins, I need the best way to improve on it, thanks all. I am the boy in white.

It's a short fragment. But in that fragment, you (and your opponent) get a lot of things pretty much right.

You're standing quite low. Good.

You're making small steps (I think) and play in position. Good.

You're using body/hip rotation to power your stroke. Good.

You both seem to be practicing consistency, keeping speed relatively modest and playing with stable, predictable placement. Good.

Your elbow angle is OK, and stable. Good.

As I said, short, but most of it looks OK.

Two small things. In your timing you hit the ball as it starts descending. You might want to try hitting it at its highest point, or slightly before. Your training partner does that.

And: your strokes are a bit long (so are mine, by the way). There's a lot of backswing, and a lot of followthrough. You could try shorten that, it will improve your "reset to position" speed and stability.

Keep it up! Looking good, with minor issues.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
The main rotation axis of your arm shuold be your elbow, not your shoulder-joint. You move your upper arm too much. Movement should be more forearm movement. Imagine that someone is holding your elbow.